Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Status, stress and sex drive

christie

Banned
Reaction score
I had a theory that younger folks were more relaxed and not as "in control" of their lives. So the libido drives and controls them. As we get older we get more self control, more diligence and life has alot more on our minds. So an older person is not relaxed and his thoughts, he's focused on what needs to get done and his "in the moment" mindset is focused on that purpose. So naturally the older has more focus but MORE STRESS in order to do so, and he's focused on objectives, not allowing his "feelings" to drive him.

The younger guy has a huge libido, anything can trip him off, boobs, camel toes, even camel toes on a fat chick. He can see her in an intense sexual light and pound her out even though it's not his preference.

So my theory was that part of it is physical changes reducing test and libido and adding stress, but it's the older mans MINDSET which has a huge bearing on the normal testosterone, stress, and cortisol levels. That perhaps one can learn to release his powerful mindset required for purpose and have a more freer flowing, libido driven mindset when the purpose requires it.
This is money.$$$$$$$$

To be able to address older guys with this theory is Value. There's a huge demographic you can specifically target here, the older guy.

You could take this and run with it for seminars, programs, coaching, syndicated radio/satellite, books.....the whole transformation gig.
You would be lit with fire and enjoy yourself.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Howdy.

two things happened over the last 5 years, I got very much into my career and I also noted my libido drop. I get that in the years 35+ it’s not like 18, but the drop was quite dramatic and it worried me a bit. I’d go full fortnights without any interest.

So, losing some weight helped a bit, but I really was scratching my head as over say 3 years it had still dropped - a lot.

Then 2 things happened. I passed a very tough work exam and BOOM. The relief and drop in stress sent libido like a rocket.

a second thing happened. I have a bitter work rival, a very devious individual who has been working to get me out the business any way he can.

last week 2 things happened. He was essentially doctoring emails from senior people to score points over me (long story but I went to these people, for the full story, and then kind of exposed it - in a non aggressive way so I didn’t come off a jerk) and after this, the guy who’s been at my neck at work for a decade, then made a beef with a senior manager - for no reason really, I guess he was still sore from the thing before.
So in 2 days the dude who turned a lot of people against me in the business, got exposed and committed career suicide. Advantage me. Massively.

My libido is of epic proportions now, several romps a day with the Mrs and still plenty to spare.

I have concluded that there is a lot more to libido than low body fat or physical things. It’s in the mind and self esteem is very key.

So to any approaching middle age guys who are slowing up in this department, make goals, win battles. Succeed. It did more for me than any blue pill.

just had to share this as such a dramatic turnaround.
I think stress is the biggest killer of all.
So true man! Mind set is everything

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All these things build on themselves. What @mrgoodstuff said is great. Working out can offset SOME of stress, but obviously it's just one area. If there's no confidence it's hard to really do anything. To really operate at full capacity you have to be rolling in the majority of areas in your life.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two things that will kill libido for sure

weight
stress

I'm working on both but my stress has been crazy anxiety so I can't sleep, then feel like shyt all day
It sucks...semen retention/no fap has actually done wonders for me as well as mediation.
Still working on the weight part
No fap signal to your mind that your not gonna be weak and you'll be disciplined and under control.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is interesting. I'm only 29 but in the past couple of years I've felt a big drop in libido which is very bad because it was already much lower than other guys my age.

I am fairly health and have a very low-stress lifestyle, so it's quite strange. Ruling out hormone/endorcrine issues, it may simply be a mental issue that stems from the sort of things you describe. Status and other environmental conditions can effect your mind a lot more than you'd think.
mine was like a teenager until about 33 when I went through divorce and started gaining weight. When the divorce was going on, I remember a full 2 months that nothing happened - not even the need for a hand shandy.

it’s been bouncing from about 30-50% of my peak for about 5 years.

def noticed bodyfat plays a role. Not so much exercise, but your actual leanness.

the miracle quick fix was winning some battles which massively increased my self esteem. This was like old man to teenager in 2 days.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't mean to hijack this thread...

Thanks. Everything else equal, I think libido and T levels in general are largely determined by lifestyle/environment and your general mental state. Something you indeed will have to work out for yourself and not always so easily fixed.
my T levels were fine. Still had no libido.

I didn’t really have ED, other than I would look at women, but the rush of blood and yearning just felt cut off. It wasn’t like I was horny but nothing happened. The women looked good, I just didn’t get that rush.

after recent events I realised it was 100% mental and not physical. It very much works well when it wants to.

I would say this is prob stress. You don’t think you’re stressed until you aren’t stressed.

I also noticed when I went on holiday, away fr work, in the 2nd week my libido would come back again. So clearly stress is 90% of it.

it did make me chuckle. This career is kind of what enabled me to have a hot younger wifeto bang. At the same time, the stress from said career makes me not want to bang! A kind of irony there

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stress and status are connected since a high status man has a mindset that keeps him comfortable when dealing with challenges therefore his cortisol doesnt spike.

Cortisol spikes when you feel like you cant handle stuff, you dont get stressed when there is an intruder at home if you have a gun and practiced 2 years for that...you get stresses when you are skinny and unarmed.

Also status (and wealth) itself is a huge testosterone booster, I kid you not anytime I get massive gains in the financial markets my libido grows and so does my load after all our brain is not dumb...whats the point to have an urge if you cant satisfy it.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stress and status are connected since a high status man has a mindset that keeps him comfortable when dealing with challenges therefore his cortisol doesnt spike.

Cortisol spikes when you feel like you cant handle stuff, you dont get stressed when there is an intruder at home if you have a gun and practiced 2 years for that...you get stresses when you are skinny and unarmed.

Also status (and wealth) itself is a huge testosterone booster, I kid you not anytime I get massive gains in the financial markets my libido grows and so does my load after all our brain is not dumb...whats the point to have an urge if you cant satisfy it.
Someone owns some BTC?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I kid you not anytime I get massive gains in the financial markets my libido grows and so does my load after all our brain is not dumb...whats the point to have an urge if you cant satisfy it.
I can definitely see that.
For me I quit messaging and swiping as much when I make gains in the financial markets. For whatever reason, there is more rush and excitement looking at my gains and the stock charts than to message a random on OLD and waste my time instead of making me money. LOL :rofl:

However I do have 3 plates. I guess if I didn't, my mind would be different.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mine was like a teenager until about 33 when I went through divorce and started gaining weight. When the divorce was going on, I remember a full 2 months that nothing happened - not even the need for a hand shandy.

it’s been bouncing from about 30-50% of my peak for about 5 years.

def noticed bodyfat plays a role. Not so much exercise, but your actual leanness.

the miracle quick fix was winning some battles which massively increased my self esteem. This was like old man to teenager in 2 days.
Yes sir. That marital blow out will "knock your deck in the dirt". As you see its mental.