Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Spinning Plates is overrated and should NOT be advised!

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone wants different things. Everything is relative. What might work for me might not work for you. Understand what it is you want and go after that. Want a relationships? Cool, go for a relationship. Wanna be transient and enjoy the casual side? Spin plates. Want to test the waters and vet for an ltr? You could spin plates or actively seek a relationship exclusively. Spinning plates is but one of many sexual strategies and few guys can actually pull it off.

The idea of “spinning plates” influenced me to take some actions that would result in me losing a girlfriend. This mindset is harmful because not only was I NOT being productive but I realized the demographics were not in my favor (and I’m sure not in most men's favor either).
Plate spinning is not for everyone, but in reality you could just think of it as not dating exclusively, even Rollo himself has made an effort to stop saying spin plates and refers to it as dating non-exclusive. Do not blame a sexual strategy for the sabotage of your relationship, that doesn't track. Just because you hear something online does not mean you need to act on it. If you had a quality relationship I haven't a clue why you would jeopardize that. A lot of guys here are in happy ltrs and they would tell you to NOT to spin plates. A large premise of spinning is literally to find a quality girl to move up to relationship material. You blew it, not the site, not the methodology, you're lack of productivity was your own fault. A lesson to be learned

I realized “spinning plates” is ONLY BENEFICIAL depending on where you're at in life. You see...I have friends (19-25 years old) who don't attend college and mate with women who don't attend school either. For them dating is different. They are not worried about exams or advancing themselves (as seriously as others). They are more focused on meeting new people, partying, and their job. If you have don't many responsibilities OR are already in a position of stability (comfort) in your life, THEN you can make the choice of deciding whether or not you want to try to bang as many women.

BUT! If you are NOT in a position of stability and you have responsibilities, it's not smart to plate women. You are less likely to manipulate yourself/the environment in your favor to succeed. Plus, if the woman is in the same situation and has responsibilities such as school, she's may want to study instead of hanging out with this guy.
Disagree. Casual relationships allow you to be transient, they are great for when you are in a changing period of your life. Stability is when you want a relationship (if that's' your prerogative). Women who want commitment from a man (key word man, not boy) expect a incredible amount of stability in your finances, emotions, strength and so on. Casual relationships do not. This is why you even hear from boomers to young men to not date 'seriously' in their 20s. BUT again, everyone is different. I dated two girls seriously in my early 20s and I learned a lot. I also learned I don't want a committed relationship any time soon and by 'playing the field' I've come to know myself better and know what I want out of women.

People who say "just spin plates bro" don't recognize everyone's situation is different and that actually going for a LTR may be more beneficial than banging as many women as possible. Overall, spinning plates is overrated and should not be advised for everyone. Just my opinion!
Yes, some people here lack nuance and they read clear as day. Again, you need to be aware of this and need to have the common sense to think for yourself. You do not need to take on someone else's opinion or stances on things if you do not want to. Reflect on them, consider them, and adjust as needed (if even needed). In this post I am writing currently I express disagreement and counter you with takes from my own experience, you do not need to take them on for yourself if you do not want to. There is a lot of finger pointing and old man screaming at the sky going on in your post op. It sounds like you are bitter and angry and looking to take it out on the board. Don't do that. I think some of your critiques are valid, but this seems entirely like a you problem. I don't want to call you immature because I've made some dumb mistakes while listening to others advice in my early 20s when dating and it burned me good. But when you realize those mistakes, own those mistakes and address the insecurities behind them you grow exponentially. The first step in that process is being accountable.

I'd advise taking a step back from all of this and just spending some time upstairs and readdressing what is you want, from this board, from women, from relationships, from life, from your career/education and so on. That said YOU DO NOT NEED TO HEED my advice if you don't want to. This thread will likely turn into a bunch of dudes arguing with you, justifiably so since the tittle and post alone will ruffle feathers.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Spinnin plates is a way of life.. It only gets better once you figure it all out. Progress is everything.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anthony Spade (underrated dating coach) once said a quote that hit me HARD. He said this ; you are either in her rotation, or she's in your rotation. To " normal " people this will sounds like a negative, who- hurt - you - type of qoute.

Can someone explain to me why I managed to keep most of the women I met on their toes until I either gave or pushed for exclusivity? It took me years to even grasp this specific dynamic.

But settling for an LTR before having the abundance mindset is the wrong thing that can happen to man, get gets married to the wrong women, gets oneitis to that one, has children with that one, she divorces, and all his development for what?

That's the worse thing that can happen to a man, not being able to see what true abundance of women is, speaking from experience.
Best post imo. A man in this state of mind is a liability for everyone involved. The woman will feel the attraction is fading due his inexperience , and the man will be frustrated because he " tries to do everything right". This is what happens with most relationships.

Unfortunately this seems like a natural thing. Some men need to become ( more like) an azzhole (abundance mindset) before they can yield the results they really want.

A LTR, being in love and all that can be great. But just as high as it can take you , it can drop you and make you fall just as hard, if not much harder.
Well you'll be one of the many simps in medicine, who will marry the first girl who touches your peepee if you don't know what true abundance is, how different women behave, who's a good girl, who's a bad girl, who's a bpd and who's healthy psychologically.
Most won't like what I will say here. This op is logical and rational, but that's not how dating works(anymore). Most women you'll encounter won't be logical and rational, but rather emotional. This logically thinking man will always end up emotionally damaged. Logical thinking when dealing with women is actually illogical .

Remember how we used to feel when we heard the girl we liked talking about her azzhole bf, but yet she always stayed with him? Shyte like this pushed most men to the manosphere because understanding women wasn't easy at all, but more like some type of difficult mathematical equation.

Look, the difference is most men once they are in a LTR are capable to completely shutdown any other woman, while most women will always keep the door to other men open a little bit, and also encourage one another to do so.

The word monkeybranche is exclusively used to describe female behavior.
Why men are not doing the same thing? How will a man find a better fit , a better woman if he always closes the door because of his loyalty to a mediocre woman that treats him like shyt? You can also say that a person that monkeybranches is " just looking out for his or her own best interest ".

No, we tell each other to stay lonely and wait for miss Right, while woman think like ;"feck that , Imma have me as mucho fun as possible and when mr right shows up some day I'll simply say bey bey beta Bob. " You know Bob, attraction can happen....

To spin or not to spin is a choice you make. Like Barrister said, the thrill of having multiple partners is something a LTR can't give you . Just like a exclusive LTR with the right woman is a great experience that cannot be replicated with fast flings. If you wanna be the LTR guy that cool , just dont complain when you end up heart broken when reality strikes .

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You blindly accepted advice without even thinking if it applied to your personal life at your stage. Don’t expect strangers on the internet to know your circumstances.
This should be on the front of every page in SS. It's yet another reason I've grown tired of these communities - too much dogma, and everyone devalues the individual's experience. Assuming you're not a simp, there are unique circumstances to every situation.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spinning plates is just another term that is used by today’s society to attach labels.
Women are obsessed with men that are empowered with multiple options (or fear of), yet easily get bored if they are the only focus of your attention.

It looks like your battling morality. The bigger regret is not tapping tons of tail during your youth. Believe me, you’ll have plenty of time later in life within a stagnant LTR, thinking “what ifs”.…

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinning plates isn't for everybody. It's manipulative and narcissistic, but extremely powerful in giving men an abundance mindset, confidence, experience, and benefits. On the other hand and to OP's point, it can be extremely draining, time consuming, and messy (drama).

A guy who spins plates that aren't aware of the other plates is called a liar/manipulator or a "****boi". A TRUE PLAYER or MACK is a guy who's women know that he has other sex options and he can care less whether they adhere to the program or not...

There's ethical ways to womanizing, but to each his own.

OP this post is giving crazy BLUE PILL vibes... you're young and inexperienced but you will learn one day that trusting any female, especially just one, is a recipe for disaster.

EVen if you don't want to have multiple plates you should always have at least one or two backups if things go south with your main chick !
This, it's simple. You are either in that LTR state of mind and loyal to one woman, or you spin plates. Third option is the wasteland we call "taking a break from women" aka the dreaded dryspell.That's about it.

A man can have multiple women and be judged and condemned by society, but who cares? You just do what best for you, period.

All these points are valid, but the bigger issue with spinning plates is that it's often a cope to avoid dealing with your insecurities. Men spin plates so they can distract themselves from their real issues (and by extension, the nature of the relationships they get into)

I would say that superficial short-term relationships don't really teach you a damn thing, and while it does require a certain skillset to maintain rotation(s), the most deep game knowledge/skillsets come from long term relationships, most of which is learning how to read her actions and control the frame.
You do have a point here . However , we know now that this deeper connection type of LTR is not something that's easily obtained by most men. Especially when a man relies on OLD he will be hard pressed to find a woman who will give him the time to go deeper . That just facts. I would say to this man , at least put in the effort to have some women around you as often as possible. While you improve and play the number games you increase the chance one good woman will stick around.

Knowing how women work on a superficial level , and benefiting from this is underrated imo. It's sometimes the simplicity that works best when women dealing with women . Spinning plates or dating multiple women or whatever you wanna call it ,at least allows a man to take samples . It does much more, it also keeps a man sharp and sharpens his hunting skills. The more you know about and dealt with women, the bigger your chances to keep them around. You can only learn so much reading forums and watching videos. Real life interactions is where you'll learn the most.

So you are right that a more intense and deeper connection will teach you much more about women. I am just seeing more and more men dont even get the opportunity to do this anymore and reach that deeper level of being with a woman.

Last edited:

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well as man you should have a rotation whether you're in a LTR or not. At least that's what's working for me.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found this site sophomore year of college and honestly it was more damaging than helpful..

The idea of “spinning plates” influenced me to take some actions that would result in me losing a girlfriend. This mindset is harmful because not only was I NOT being productive but I realized the demographics were not in my favor (and I’m sure not in most men's favor either).

I realized “spinning plates” is ONLY BENEFICIAL depending on where you're at in life. You see...I have friends (19-25 years old) who don't attend college and mate with women who don't attend school either. For them dating is different. They are not worried about exams or advancing themselves (as seriously as others). They are more focused on meeting new people, partying, and their job. If you have don't many responsibilities OR are already in a position of stability (comfort) in your life, THEN you can make the choice of deciding whether or not you want to try to bang as many women.

BUT! If you are NOT in a position of stability and you have responsibilities, it's not smart to plate women. You are less likely to manipulate yourself/the environment in your favor to succeed. Plus, if the woman is in the same situation and has responsibilities such as school, she's may want to study instead of hanging out with this guy.

I can say for certain, the idea of “spinning plates” needs to be analyzed if you do plan on doing it. Ask yourself what’re your goals/expectations. People like Rollo say dating is skewered to stuff like height and high value (LOL) maybe it's due to people prioritizing education or being in the wrong demographics. I saw a study that due to higher education people mate less. Of course, social media plays a part but cmon...It's not a major factor.

People who say "just spin plates bro" don't recognize everyone's situation is different and that actually going for a LTR may be more beneficial than banging as many women as possible. Overall, spinning plates is overrated and should not be advised for everyone. Just my opinion!
OP you are right, but there are a lot of low IQ people with low levels of education who will try to persuade you otherwise. They could never dream to be doctors, obtain a PhD, be a technical lead at a top company, use their brains strenuously, and realize how much time and effort this takes, that wasting time with stupid broads would just detract from.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP you are right, but there are a lot of low IQ people with low levels of education who will try to persuade you otherwise. They could never dream to be doctors, obtain a PhD, be a technical lead at a top company, use their brains strenuously, and realize how much time and effort this takes, that wasting time with stupid broads would just detract from.
Doctors have just as many affairs, if not more, cause they travel a lot. High status people spin plates more than normal people. Even airplane stewardess screw around a lot cause of the nature of their job. Not exactly a phd job, but showing that a career only increases the likelihood of multiple partners. That's why career women these days are being more slutty, cause even they do not have time for a committed relationship.

SmoothHendrixPS2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Speak for yourself bruh. Typical beta **** using your "intelligence" and career success as an excuse for sucking with women SMH

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP- Girlfriends are a lot more demanding of your time than plates. Not doing something right.
Regardless, I'd focus on my studies.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because you could have told them that before you hit
Women don't know their own feelings. Many times when we both knew and said explicitly it's just a fling, the girl always started catching feelings. And even she admitted that she did not expect that to happen. It's natural for women to be more emotional, so it makes sense this happens.

The point is that to never care what a woman says or thinks. Just do you. You can never be as manipulative as a woman. In fact, I respect any man that manages to keep a woman beneath his thumb.

SmoothHendrixPS2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women don't know their own feelings. Many times when we both knew and said explicitly it's just a fling, the girl always started catching feelings. And even she admitted that she did not expect that to happen. It's natural for women to be more emotional, so it makes sense this happens.

The point is that to never care what a woman says or thinks. Just do you. You can never be as manipulative as a woman. In fact, I respect any man that manages to keep a woman beneath his thumb.
I don't disagree with you. You save a lot of time and drama if you backdoor the emotions and keep it 100 with them from the jump. Manipulation begets manipulation, so when spinning plates dishonestly, you open the door to get played yourself. HEnce why being indirect in any way can potentially lead to you losing an ego match.

I respect men MORE who don't have to manipulate to keep them in a trance. If you truly didn't care what the women thinks, then it shouldn't be an issue.

We should both agree that there is a very gray area here in terms of how you communicate your expectations to your partners.

To each his own, I've practiced both so i'm objective and open to both sides.

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
@TheManMasenko Nothing wrong if you only want to spin one girl at this time in your life. Just make sure to always have abundance mentality, dont get One-itis.

SmoothHendrixPS2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why? I only tell them if they bring it up, so no probl what thy think before or after.

You're assuming men want your respect, who are you that men have to earn your respect again? :rofl: :rofl:
No doubt. I wrote in the last post how it saves you time and energy. Actually, it opens the door for threesomes since the women know you have other partners or submissives (B D S M).

You prolly not familiar with B D S M but why would I put u on game if you just gonna get defensive.

Now you throwing jabs. I never criticized your approach, I just said that it's not my fav. I admitted to doing the same thing at times. But since you want to take it there, I am a guy who does tell women I **** other women, and they still come back. I have submissives. That's a true player.

This is something YOU don't do, therefore you should RESPECT me for putting you on to game that there is indeed levels to womanizing.

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me. SP was a great short-term experience. Did it for about 2 years just before Covid. I don’t think it’s sustainable LT. At least for me.

SmoothHendrixPS2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with OP ... spending time with plates aka mediocre/low quality women is detrimental to one's development as a man and human being.
One mans plates are not the same as another mans plates. Speak for yourself. There's men who have plates you would prolly put on a pedistal. Which is exactly the point... one man is spinning her while another is fawning over her. Who do you think has the upper hand? You thinking all plates are "mediocre low quality women" exposes you as a blue pilled madonna w h o r e complex cat. WAKE UP