Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Spinning Plates is overrated and should NOT be advised!

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I found this site sophomore year of college and honestly it was more damaging than helpful..

The idea of “spinning plates” influenced me to take some actions that would result in me losing a girlfriend. This mindset is harmful because not only was I NOT being productive but I realized the demographics were not in my favor (and I’m sure not in most men's favor either).

I realized “spinning plates” is ONLY BENEFICIAL depending on where you're at in life. You see...I have friends (19-25 years old) who don't attend college and mate with women who don't attend school either. For them dating is different. They are not worried about exams or advancing themselves (as seriously as others). They are more focused on meeting new people, partying, and their job. If you have don't many responsibilities OR are already in a position of stability (comfort) in your life, THEN you can make the choice of deciding whether or not you want to try to bang as many women.

BUT! If you are NOT in a position of stability and you have responsibilities, it's not smart to plate women. You are less likely to manipulate yourself/the environment in your favor to succeed. Plus, if the woman is in the same situation and has responsibilities such as school, she's may want to study instead of hanging out with this guy.

I can say for certain, the idea of “spinning plates” needs to be analyzed if you do plan on doing it. Ask yourself what’re your goals/expectations. People like Rollo say dating is skewered to stuff like height and high value (LOL) maybe it's due to people prioritizing education or being in the wrong demographics. I saw a study that due to higher education people mate less. Of course, social media plays a part but cmon...It's not a major factor.

People who say "just spin plates bro" don't recognize everyone's situation is different and that actually going for a LTR may be more beneficial than banging as many women as possible. Overall, spinning plates is overrated and should not be advised for everyone. Just my opinion!

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spinning plates is not overrated if that is the lifestyle you want. I have gone through a couple of points in the previous few years where I was in between LTRs and chose to spin plates. It was probably the most fun I have ever had in my life. Some weeks I would sleep with 2-3 different women. It definitely gives a man a rush that you don't get from an LTR.

Spinning plates while you are currently in an LTR takes a lot of skill to keep it secret. I also think a problem you have in particular, especially if you are at a small university, is that it sounds like you are trying to "plate" multiple women at the university. This is essentialyl akin to trying to plate women all in the same social circle - and that can get very difficult to do without a negative rep being slapped onto you. If you are going to spin plates at the university, I would maybe keep it to one who is a student. Try to find another 1-2 who are maybe local that you can slip off campus to see so paths aren't crossing. I went to a small university and I was still able to date local girls - so it can definitely be done.

You are right every situation is different. The rules we have are there more for guidelines than anything - but can certainly be tailored to fit certain situations.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
BUT! If you are NOT in a position of stability and you have responsibilities
What do you mean by "responsibilities"? I'm a professional guy who's 33 years old with the same responsibilities as someone else (minus the kid or wife part) and you're telling me its not a good idea to spin plates? Why?

SmoothHendrixPS2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
spinning plates isn't for everybody. It's manipulative and narcissistic, but extremely powerful in giving men an abundance mindset, confidence, experience, and benefits. On the other hand and to OP's point, it can be extremely draining, time consuming, and messy (drama).

A guy who spins plates that aren't aware of the other plates is called a liar/manipulator or a "****boi". A TRUE PLAYER or MACK is a guy who's women know that he has other sex options and he can care less whether they adhere to the program or not...

There's ethical ways to womanizing, but to each his own.

OP this post is giving crazy BLUE PILL vibes... you're young and inexperienced but you will learn one day that trusting any female, especially just one, is a recipe for disaster.

EVen if you don't want to have multiple plates you should always have at least one or two backups if things go south with your main chick !

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with OP ... spending time with plates aka mediocre/low quality women is detrimental to one's development as a man and human being.

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you mean by "responsibilities"? I'm a professional guy who's 33 years old with the same responsibilities as someone else (minus the kid or wife part) and you're telling me its not a good idea to spin plates? Why?
If your responsibilities are draining of the majority of your time. Spinning plates is not worth it.

You need to find to be able to find a balance. All I'm trying to say in this post...YOU should know whether spinning plates is appropriate based on where you are currently at with life. And for those just saying, you should spin plates without evaluating one's life is just bad advice on women.

You should rather settle for a LTR.

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys (hypothetical) recommend me... a pre-med student (who's busy) to attempt to spin plates to have sex or be with girls!? That's just not ideal in my situation.

It's better to just build a relationship with one girl and incorporate her in my life while still following the basic principles of interest, holding frame, etc.

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All in all... what you tell your mind...that's what's going to manifest.

So for myself, I don't believe spinning plates is worth the time/effort. Maybe when I'm finished with med school and if single...spinning plates sounds like a fckn thrill!

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
If your responsibilities are draining of the majority of your time. Spinning plates is not worth it.

You need to find to be able to find a balance. All I'm trying to say in this post...YOU should know whether spinning plates is appropriate based on where you are currently at with life. And for those just saying, you should spin plates without evaluating one's life is just bad advice on women.

You should rather settle for a LTR.
But settling for an LTR before having the abundance mindset is the wrong thing that can happen to man, get gets married to the wrong women, gets oneitis to that one, has children with that one, she divorces, and all his development for what?

That's the worse thing that can happen to a man, not being able to see what true abundance of women is, speaking from experience.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys (hypothetical) recommend me... a pre-med student (who's busy) to attempt to spin plates to have sex or be with girls!? That's just not ideal in my situation.

It's better to just build a relationship with one girl and incorporate her in my life while still following the basic principles of interest, holding frame, etc.
Well you'll be one of the many simps in medicine, who will marry the first girl who touches your peepee if you don't know what true abundance is, how different women behave, who's a good girl, who's a bad girl, who's a bpd and who's healthy psychologically.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"spinning plates" is one of my least favorite metaphors in the manosphere.

Makes me think of those circus clowns to "spin plates" while they balance on top of sticks and keep needing to pay hyper attention to each plate until they come crashing down.

Most of manosphere nonsense is taking common sense, re-defining them as advanced sounding metaphors and selling to clueless gullible dudes with crippling social anxiety.

Date girls. Date as many girls as you can comfortably handle. Don't commit to any of them unless you are sure their good for the long haul.

If they cross any boundaries, throw out any red flags, just let them side and move on to the next one.

Dudes and ladies have been doing this since the dawn of time.

They even sang songs about this way back in the fifties.

"My mama told me, you better shop around..."

Jiminy Christmas some guys are so goddamn terrified to live life they want to get a PhD in approach techniques before tiptoeing off the sidelines and into the game.

Those who say they only want to find "one" good women are lying to themselves.

What they really want is to find any non-hideous woman who will accept their advances so they can cling them them like a buoy in the middle of the ocean.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having done both throughout my 20's i can categorically say i was happier when i was in a stable & committed relationship

Spinning plates is fun in your early 20's in your early 30's its just a fvcking ball ache you start to realise the clock is ticking for everyone too settle down and you need someone stable and trustworthy to support you into midlife

Plus by the time most people get to 30 their mental state is poor and this is another issue you have to contend with

Despite what PUA's say it is not easy to sleep with and date 20 - 25 year old women in your 30's in fact i would go as far as saying its HARDER than when you are the same age as them because you have virtually nothing in common with hem

This is coming from someone who was sleeping with a HB 8 23 year old for 6 months...... in the end i was glad to get shot of her

OP i would advise to do some fvcking around and quickly get it out of your system

IF you come across a decent girl ( and you will know when you find her ) then do not be afraid to settle

You aren't really missing anything trust me.

Reaction score
My dating life drastically improved when I quit obsessing over spinning plates and worked on my personality and communication skills. Spinning plates is a losing mindset if you are solely interested in just dating a girl.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found this site sophomore year of college and honestly it was more damaging than helpful..

The idea of “spinning plates” influenced me to take some actions that would result in me losing a girlfriend. This mindset is harmful because not only was I NOT being productive but I realized the demographics were not in my favor (and I’m sure not in most men's favor either).

I realized “spinning plates” is ONLY BENEFICIAL depending on where you're at in life. You see...I have friends (19-25 years old) who don't attend college and mate with women who don't attend school either. For them dating is different. They are not worried about exams or advancing themselves (as seriously as others). They are more focused on meeting new people, partying, and their job. If you have don't many responsibilities OR are already in a position of stability (comfort) in your life, THEN you can make the choice of deciding whether or not you want to try to bang as many women.

BUT! If you are NOT in a position of stability and you have responsibilities, it's not smart to plate women. You are less likely to manipulate yourself/the environment in your favor to succeed. Plus, if the woman is in the same situation and has responsibilities such as school, she's may want to study instead of hanging out with this guy.

I can say for certain, the idea of “spinning plates” needs to be analyzed if you do plan on doing it. Ask yourself what’re your goals/expectations. People like Rollo say dating is skewered to stuff like height and high value (LOL) maybe it's due to people prioritizing education or being in the wrong demographics. I saw a study that due to higher education people mate less. Of course, social media plays a part but cmon...It's not a major factor.

People who say "just spin plates bro" don't recognize everyone's situation is different and that actually going for a LTR may be more beneficial than banging as many women as possible. Overall, spinning plates is overrated and should not be advised for everyone. Just my opinion!
All these points are valid, but the bigger issue with spinning plates is that it's often a cope to avoid dealing with your insecurities. Men spin plates so they can distract themselves from their real issues (and by extension, the nature of the relationships they get into)

I would say that superficial short-term relationships don't really teach you a damn thing, and while it does require a certain skillset to maintain rotation(s), the most deep game knowledge/skillsets come from long term relationships, most of which is learning how to read her actions and control the frame.

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you'll be one of the many simps in medicine, who will marry the first girl who touches your peepee if you don't know what true abundance is, how different women behave, who's a good girl, who's a bad girl, who's a bpd and who's healthy psychologically.
It doesn't take ****ing 100 women to understand what is what.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Nah son, you got it all wrong. Spinning plates is what you do when you don't have all the time in the world. What you ended up doing was treating your plates like gfs instead of flings or fwbs. You're young so you don't have the solid frame yet to be able to just say no to women to go out somewhere. You likely also gave too much ground to many of the women you got instead of placing them on a schedule. No different from how you go to a gym at a certain time or an afterschool sport.

Spinning plates work. You just need to practice more.

doctorduarte

Reaction score
Spinning plates involves a state of being, namely your mental point of origin. It should be effortless, not dramatic and definitely not the focus of any good man's life.

I went back to college in my late 20's. My focus at the time was doing well in school, staying in shape, making friends, and having fun. Nothing was allowed to negatively impact my primary purpose - going to medical school.

Since I was recently divorced, I refused to commit to any girl that I dated. We could go on dates and have fun, but anything resembling exclusivity was out of the question. They knew this up front. Despite me being very clear about this, most of them still wanted to be in rotation. There were one or two that only stuck around for a few weeks, but there were always more already in the rotation.

FYI, I'm always the shortest guy in the room. I grew up very lower-middle class. I've only recently started earning real money. I've literally never struggled with getting women. Like most men, I've struggled in life when I've let women be my focus.

doctorduarte

Reaction score

The majority of people dating or married break up while in medical school or residency. You'll see how little time you have then. Plate spinning is the only effective way to maintain a social life in medical education.