Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sony Memory Card

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey. I got a SONY Dsc-u60 digital camera waterproof the other day.

But it only holds 10 pics.

The store had memory cards for it that held 50 and 100.

Are there other cards that hold different sizes?

Whats the best deal i can get on a sony memory card???

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They're the Memory Sticks, right? If so, cheapest ones way would be to get it on eBay. I got a 512 mb one the other day for about half the price it was in a store near my house, and it works perfectly. Just get a respected seller (one with a high rating) and you'll be fine.

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really depends on what your camera brand is, some work better with sticks and some work better with cards. Bring your camera with you and go to the store. It might be a little cheaper to go to a Best Buy or something but since this is your first camera I would go to a camera store like Ritz because people there actually know what the hell they're talking about.

I have a 128mb card and it hold about 83 pictures. They come in 64, 128, 256, and 512 (and I think they recently came out with a 1024, too) and of course it gets way more expensive the bigger the space. 83 for me is plenty, it just depends what you want.

Like I said, though, be sure to go to a camera store with your camera so they can tell you what's best.

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and I don't trust e-bay at all, especially since you don't know what you're looking for. Yes, it's cheaper, but if there's a problem you're stuck with it. Also, the ratings are based on shipping speed generally since you have to rate them when you get your product. If everything they sell breaks in a week they could still have a good rating.

I'm glad yours works, NYC, but that's just luck. It's better to spend a little more money for something that works than to spend a little to get something you have to buy again.

Oakley

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. I work in the digital camera/ digital video department at best buy and people come in all the time asking about this.

SONY has their brand of cards which go up to 512mb. It all depends on how many megapixels the camera is. In your case it's 2.0. All you have to do is decide how many pictures you want to hold. For a 2.0 you don't really need anything above a 128mb unless you're going on vacation and plan on snapping a photo every 2 seconds, in which case I'd recommend a 256.

I don't really know about other states, but in Georgia we only have SONY and a brand called SanDisk that fit in SONY camera's. Sandisk has cards that go up to 1gig that we carry here, but I think they actually go up to 2gig. But that could just be for cell phones.

Hope this helps.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 tips... make sure you know which type of memory card your camera needs. probably want to look it up in the manual for that one, or go to a store and ask them what type it needs.

reduce the size of the picture... I always reduce the size down to 1 megapixel when I need to take a lot of pictures, because all I need is 1 megapixel.

reduce the quality from 3 stars or fine or whatever, to 1 star or standard quality. Really, there is no difference. Check it out for yourself. This really makes much more space for pics.