Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Something to remember when you go out tonight...

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I'm supposed to be at work tonight. I'm a waitress in a restaurant/bar. Last night I got injured because of a guest standing in the server "travel lane". The floor is stone and there are a few places with 3 steps also made of stone. This guy was standing at the bottom of the stairs, blocking the path all the servers need to use to go to and from tables with trays of drinks from the bar. All the servers repeatedly had to say "excuse me" to do their jobs, like every minute. He still stood his a$$ right in the way. After about the 10th time of saying "excuse me", he backed up and bumped into me with a tray full of drinks as I was going for the first step. This threw my balance off and caused the toe of my shoe to get hung up on that first step. Down I went with all kinds of drinks. The glass broke and slashed my hand open in two places. My knee and shin are messed up, too. Of course, a wide variety of alcohol spilled onto the cuts on my hand and splashed into my eyes. I'm going to lose around $500 because of this injury. Although my knee is feeling better today, I can't hold a tray because the cuts are on the hand I carry the tray with.

When you go out to a bar and are standing around, PLEASE pay attention to whether or not you're blocking the path of the waitresses and waiters. If employees keep saying "excuse me" to you then you are in their way and are making their job not only harder but you could also cause them to be hurt.

Oh...and Happy New Years to everyone! Have fun and party responsibly! :D

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry that happened.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by SamePendo
I'm sorry that happened.
Thanks...I'll live...it just sucks that I can't work for a few days. And tonight we had reservations booked to capacity all night with a special menu. I would have made $200 or better tonight. If my story causes even one person to pay closer attention to where they stand around servers I'll be happy.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
If my story causes even one person to pay closer attention to where they stand around servers I'll be happy.
if a person had any common sense at all they shouldn't need a story like this

Reaction score
Wyldwoman, I'm glad you are still alive although I secretely wished for your death so that I may surpass your post count - considering that if you are dead you can no longer post!!:D

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it was busy but the best thing to have done would have been to tell the Manager or security or someone to relocate him. It sounded like it was too crowded and too busy.

Sorry your hand got cut. You are probably very careful all of the time. Being a waitress is a hard job and people standing in your way doesn't help.

The bad part about being a waitress is that you have no health benefits, no paid leave and no paid vacation time. I have dated many a waitress.

Do you need me to mail you $200.00?

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it is a designated "server lane", could you not put a sign up, asking people not to stand in it?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
Wyldwoman, I'm glad you are still alive although I secretely wished for your death so that I may surpass your post count - considering that if you are dead you can no longer post!!:D
It'll take a heck of a lot more than some broken glass and rude restaurant patrons to take me out. :D

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paradox
I know it was busy but the best thing to have done would have been to tell the Manager or security or someone to relocate him. It sounded like it was too crowded and too busy.

Sorry your hand got cut. You are probably very careful all of the time. Being a waitress is a hard job and people standing in your way doesn't help.

The bad part about being a waitress is that you have no health benefits, no paid leave and no paid vacation time. I have dated many a waitress.

Do you need me to mail you $200.00?
Security? We don't have security except when we have open mike night, then it's a bouncer...and he wasn't there. I work in a place where relatively wealthy people hang out. Some of them have a bit of an "entitlement" attitude, you could say. This is a daily problem where I work. It usually doesn't lead to injuries, though.

Nah, I don't need money...wouldn't accept it even if I did (although I'm sure you're joking...and if you aren't you shouldn't offer to send strange women money, lol). I actually worked last night with a bandaged hand. The boss was desperate for someone to come in, no one else would and he agreed to run all my food for me. I was able to handle the small trays fine. I go in again tonight, too. Of course, having my hand all bandaged up isn't all that attractive, but last night I got very high tips despite being slower than usual. I guess I got some "sympathy tips". :D When people asked me what happened, I told them a guest standing in the way bumped into me and caused the injury. I figure I may as well take advantage of the opportunity to remind guests why they shouldn't stand in the way of waitresses.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by jonny football hero
If it is a designated "server lane", could you not put a sign up, asking people not to stand in it?
It's not "designated", but it's the only way to get to half of the restaurant from the bar. There is a server area of the bar where we pick up our drinks. People constantly block that...standing right in front of it so we can't even get to our drinks. Then when we leave there are 3 other problem areas. One is by the piano which is hard to get through going to two different sections of tables. The other two are in the bar area where people block access to 3 other sections. We have a lobby area for people to wait for seating in...but they would rather stand right in the middle of the ONLY passage the servers have to deliver food and beverages to the tables. I'm not sure what can be done, but it's annoying as hell. People know they're in the way, too, because it is SO obvious.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have any staff member tell him politely to move and explain to him why. It will only take 1 minute and it won't happend again. It is common sense that after son long, if you see you are in the way of waiters you should get the fukk out, but worst case is really to talk to the client.

We did that all the time where I used to work. It was often the bussboys that had to say it, but I have seen waiters too, even in a rush.

If he still refuses/complains/whines/moans about it, then tell your manager to deal with him.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That reminds me of my days being a server.... People always gotta get in your way.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paintballguy
That reminds me of my days being a server.... People always gotta get in your way.
What I actually hate the most is not that they are standing in my way, but rather that they are walking in front of me soooooo sloooooooow and you can't really tell them "move b!tch!"
:mad:

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
File a worker's comp claim!

You are entitled to every penny you lost because of your work related injury. The company would probably just write you a check in order to avoid seeing their premiums go up.