Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sleep/energy level/mood and dating/dj'ing

crackhead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's obviously tough to be on your game when you're tired.

Check this out:

"Some people are quite significantly impaired by little sleep deprivation, whereas others are quite tolerant to large amounts of sleep deprivation. Those who receive fewer than six hours of sleep also feel more tired, stressed, sad and angry than those who sleep more than eight hours a night. Because sleep plays such an important role in how we think and feel! Sleep and mood are affected by the same brain neurotransmitters, so if the balance is off, both sleep and mood suffer. Some people may need nine hours to feel energetic. Some get along fine with six or seven. Most people know how much they need. If you feel you must have coffee in the morning or if you sleep in on weekends, you're probably not getting enough sleep. Any amount of sleep deprivation will diminish mental performance! When the body is not properly rested, it can’t function in top shape."

It's pretty basic stuff, but it totally applies to dating/dj'ing.

I know I'm personally the type that needs 7-8, or even 9 hours every day to be on the ball, because when I don't I'm generally not in a good mood, but it's tough to pull off sometimes.

Obviously, mood has a lot to do with being successful with women. When you are in a good mood, you are happy, confident, full of pizzaz, fun to be with (qualities that are attractive to women). But when you're not in a good mood, it's naturally the opposite.

The problem that I have realized lately is that I am naturally a lot more charged and full of pizazz during the day, but when I get home from work I am drained mentally to a varying extent: sometimes a lot, sometimes only a little, but still not nearly as on top of my game as I am during the day.

This therefore creates quite a pickle when I have a date with a girl at night, and just when I need my pizzaz the most, it's frustratingly absent and/or my energy level is running on a quarter tank! Even worse maybe the date doesn't start til 930 cause the girl can't go till then. If I could have the same energy level and mental alertness at 7-10PM that I do during the day, forget about it!

Case in point, earlier today I made plans with a girl over email for a date next week. I was feeling good about it and envisioning myself being all kinds of smooth and confident with her, more or less an extention of the mood I was in due to my energy level and therefore pizzaz level at the time.

But now (9PM)? I'm cashed as **** man! If I went on this date with her tonight, I would be far from on my game, and probably stink it up. It's quite a sticky situation, because nighttime is when everything happens, and twice as deadly if I'm hungover.

This probably only applies to 50% of the people in here though, maybe less. Some of you probably do not get hangovers really, or can be on the ball with 3-6 hours of sleep. Whereas I get the most evil, vicious, miserable hangovers imagineable, and if I don't get enough sleep or am tired because work has raped my precious energy I'm just generally not in a good mood for the most part.

I guess this post is kind of mostly intended as a discussion and for anyone to share similar stories/patterns, as there is no magical answer beyond getting more rest. But it's tough to pull off sometimes. I personally have a very hard time successfully taking naps, caffeine keeps me up at night, and it's hard to go to bed early at night when you work a full time job and try to squeeze your personal life or feed yourself or excercise or run ****ing errands with the little bit of free time you have left after a day of work. There's simply not enough time for everything!

How you gonna be pimp on a date at night when your pizzaz tank is nearing empty?

assasin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sleep / energy levels are heavily affected by many factors, including stress, diet, physical fitness and even the time of year.

If you are regularly getting to nine o'clock and feeling drained and below par you would do well to assess your diet firstly. Too much refined sugar and high carb hevily processed foods mean a huge rise in your blood sugar levels, which leads to a natural lethargy. But if your blood sugar is too high you may also find that although you are tired, you are waking in the middle of the night and are unable to get back to sleep.

Also, too much sleep will affect your mood and reduce your mental efficiency.

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have any sleep problems caffeine should be the first to go.

I actually have the opposite problem. When I wake up I feel like crap but slowly through the day I get more and more sharp and focused so by the evening I'm buzzing with energy and motivation. Most of the time I hate having to sleep because I know when I wake up I'll be back to feeling groggy and lathargic.

crackhead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Caffeine should go even if you only have it in the morning? Funny, I'm just about to go to starbucks.

I agree that too much sleep is bad for you as well.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same as Monkey... English doesn't even kick in until around midday for me, but after 9pm I'm in top gear.

If I am totally rooted, I find its pretty good to catch a few zzz's in the late arvo. You'll find heaps of scientific data about how naps should be no more than 12 minutes, or they should be exactly 88 minutes or whatever. If I get about 20-30 minutes down time, that picks me right up.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duke

Could mood be affected by HOW you wake up?

Whenever I wake up early in the morning of my own accord, I feel fantastic! But if an alarm clock or the mom does it, I feel like crap.

As the day goes on, I generally feel worse, but more alert and energetic. This applies to just about every day. For a friendly chat, it's good to meet up with me about 45 minutes after I wake up. But the brain productivity doesn't kick in until the PM.

Has there been extensive research done on this? It's an interesting topic.