Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Situation advice please.

Mitch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres the senareo(sp?)
- My girlfriend and i have officially broken up as of last weekend
- It sucks
- she has these two jobs, one of which she hasnt work at since that whole thing
- Middle of the week i mail this one girl on myspace.com that works with alycia. I ask this girl something about Mitch Hedberg (hilarious comedian) 'cause some friend of hers posted something about it.
- The reply to the email said something about looking for a new friend and that she chose me.
- i reply to that with asking if she seriously wanted to hang out.
- she says shes working sunday 3-7 and to visit her.
- so i do.
- i check out photos from the show and we walk to the hallmark store.
- on the walk there she askes how things are with me and my girlfriend.
- i tell her we had broken up
- she said she had know we were having some problems, but didnt know we had broken up.
- she goes back to work and i go do whatever it is that i do.

Now im totally content with being just her friend. She seemed really into hanging out and whatnot, but in person she seemed odd. not exactly uncomfortable, but i notice lack of eye contact. i hate lack of eye contact.

i plan on just asking her straight out if she feld odd about finding out than that my girlfriend and i were broken up.

im just wondering if anyone was in a similar situation.

ps. my girlfriend and this girl are like close friends or anything, just two people that worked together and didnt not like each other.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't sweat it with her. i mean you have nothing invested. play it cool and date other women, including (especially) her.

btw, you shouldn't have told her you broke up with your gf. when a chick asks you this, just ignore it. early on, it's none of their biz.

good luck!

Reaction score
Re: i thought this was the mature man forum

Originally posted by Mitch
I thought this was the mature man forum
Yes it is, and you are only 22. :rolleyes:

When you told her that you broke up with g/f did she show any signs of interest that this is good news for her? Did you get a reaction?

Some girls don't do eye contact either because they're liars or extremely self conscious!

Mitch

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah sure...

thats a totally ridiculous sugestion. ignore a question. it might be none of her buisness, but i dont just ignore peoples questions. i make up answers and i didnt in this case. she asked if it was for the better or worse. my reply: it doesnt matter, i can't do anything about it.

doesnt anyone have something to say about the lack of eye contact. though she was busy looking at cards and walking fast cause she only had a few minutes. I just want to give it another chance. another couple minutes to talk to her when she isnt in a rush to get an acurete reading on her feelings.

Surfboard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
but in person she seemed odd. not exactly uncomfortable, but i notice lack of eye contact. i hate lack of eye contact.
I find that a lack of eye contact is usually a bad sign. The one thing that I go by is my gut feeling. When a girl is avoiding eye contact with you and looking at other things, you should get the feeling that her Interest Level in you is very low.

Even though shy girls avoid eye contact with you, their body language will be giving you signs if she's somewhat interested in you. Your gut feeling should pick up on these signs.

Everybody has instincts. From your post above, my instincts tell me that her Interest Level is pretty low.

There is one way to find out for sure.

ASK HER OUT!!! ;)