Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should we de-fund/abolish the police?

Should we de-fund the police?

• Total voters

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
In general I agree but things tend to get complicated.

Even if you know the results suck what you don't know exactly is why it sucks. What methods you should use as an alternative. If you should just randomly do something else or get more data about it. Where to get the data? Which are the relevant one? How long shold you invest in a special data point? Basically how do I deal with the unknown. Just changing your way of thinking might not be enough.

Additonally you don't know if the results just suck now. Maybe in the future it would reveal itself as a good result. So you have no idea if it really sucks (with the future counted in)

Also when one changes his way of thinking it might have bad side effects like taking an alcoholic his alcohol away and he commits suicide.

Bottom line is if you want to solve a complicated problem you have to thinnk complicated. So things are not easy on a higher level.

It's like Rocket science. There is a reason why it takes so much time get to the moon again. It's because it's complicated. You have to put a lot of energy into it. You have to change the way to think all the time basically.

Solving the problem might suck more then getting the result.
How you think = knowledge

Lack of knowledge affects how you do things and this in turn is reflective of the results you see.

But results is a combination of how you think plus how you do things.

However how you think is also influenced by your inherent personality plus how you were raised.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How you think = knowledge

However how you think is also influenced by your inherent personality plus how you were raised.
I agree. I would add it is also influenced by the capacity you have to compute the information. For example you will probably not be able to beat a chess computer.

Your brain probably is not good enough to compete with a computer. This result you probably will not have but your results will be better relatively speaking the better methods of thinking you use.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I agree. I would add it is also influenced by the capacity you have to compute the information. For example you will probably not be able to beat a chess computer.

Your brain probably is not good enough to compete with a computer. This result you probably will not have but your results will be better relatively speaking the better methods of thinking you use.
Yes in a manner of speaking.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that the hot girl I see is basically a electrical inpulse that goes into my brain. On the other hand I am horny.
Hard to argue with.

I've been watching some science vlogs lately. I like the ones about the nature of reality. Some theorize that we are living in a simulation (probably BS). There's another theory that we're living in a hologram. Not in the sense that it is being projected, but in the sense that our universe is really two dimensional but it holds the illusion of being three dimensional, like one of those 3D puzzle pictures that used to be popular. This has something to do with matter being imprinted on the flat surface of a black hole's event horizon.

Not sure what that has to do with anything, I just thought it was interesting.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard to argue with.

I've been watching some science vlogs lately. I like the ones about the nature of reality. Some theorize that we are living in a simulation (probably BS). There's another theory that we're living in a hologram. Not in the sense that it is being projected, but in the sense that our universe is really two dimensional but it holds the illusion of being three dimensional, like one of those 3D puzzle pictures that used to be popular. This has something to do with matter being imprinted on the flat surface of a black hole's event horizon.

Not sure what that has to do with anything, I just thought it was interesting.
Yes intelligent people say it's even probable. If we would live in a extremely advanced civilization I think we would happily go there. That's kind of the case with computer games already.

Sometimes people take live to serious. People are addicted to equality. I think we are very similar on the quantum level probably. It might not console to many people but maybe some.

Bottom line reality is not real. If reality is all you have you are a prisoner of you mind. To get back to the topic. Reality is not the only thing that counts. You can be happy with little things. Fighting for justice has it's place but it is sometimes healthy to be outcome independent, process oriented not always goal oriented.You got to trick your mind sometimes.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you have to look at what new jersey did as an example they did the right thing

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Minneapolis' city council just voted to defund the police dept, however it is unlikely to be approved via general ballot in the November election - it's just a virtue signalling move from the city council....

I'll probably make a separate thread about it later but right now I'm heading to the gym to get some leg day action.....

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Yes intelligent people say it's even probable. If we would live in a extremely advanced civilization I think we would happily go there. That's kind of the case with computer games already.

Sometimes people take live to serious. People are addicted to equality. I think we are very similar on the quantum level probably. It might not console to many people but maybe some.

Bottom line reality is not real. If reality is all you have you are a prisoner of you mind. To get back to the topic. Reality is not the only thing that counts. You can be happy with little things. Fighting for justice has it's place but it is sometimes healthy to be outcome independent, process oriented not always goal oriented.You got to trick your mind sometimes.
Process oriented?

That's what fvcks up everyone here, they're too focused on the process but ignores the results and keeps on talking about process, for example all those nerds here that can't get laid but talks endlessly about how to approach women.

You should be goal oriented - > come up with ideas/mindset shift - > fine tune the process.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Process oriented?

That's what fvcks up everyone here, they're too focused on the process but ignores the results and keeps on talking about process, for example all those nerds here that can't get laid but talks endlessly about how to approach women.

You should be goal oriented - > come up with ideas/mindset shift - > fine tune the process.
Ok let's say your goal is to be happy.

Or to give more detail:
You want to go through life with a smile. Having a song on the lips. Having easy and fun life.

How would you do that?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Ok let's say your goal is to be happy.

Or to give more detail:
You want to go through life with a smile. Having a song on the lips. Having easy and fun life.

How would you do that?
Result (happy) = Mindset shift/how you think - > process/how you do things.

How you think will always influence how you do things.

In the end, the results one gets in life is a reflection of how one thinks.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Result (happy) = Mindset shift/how you think - > process/how you do things.

How you think will always influence how you do things.

In the end, the results one gets in life is a reflection of how one thinks.
I ment like:

Teacher: what is 2x2 ?
pupil: it's how you think that gives you the answer
Teacher: wtf

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I ment like:

Teacher: what is 2x2 ?
pupil: it's how you think that gives you the answer
Teacher: wtf
So you want an answer on how to be happy, expecting a process, a step by step ritual, without taking into account of ur inherent personality, ur upbringing and how you currently think ?

My bad, I forgot to mention all those things above will influence how you actually act in real life, and that decides whether u r happy or not.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess in real life I act like I have a free will.

Back in my mind I think physics have to follow laws. So I can not have any real freedom.
There are astrophysical theories on the events that unfold over time that blow my mind. That the universe will end and time will go in reverse with all events unfolding but in reverse back to the beginning like a pendulum. Or of multitudinous universes with events happening differently in infinite possible ways. For instance you scratch your nose in this universe, but ignore it in the other, so not just big events. More recent ideas posit us being in a simulation. So maybe we're all helpless.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you want an answer on how to be happy, expecting a process, a step by step ritual, without taking into account of ur inherent personality, ur upbringing and how you currently think ?

My bad, I forgot to mention all those things above will influence how you actually act in real life, and that decides whether u r happy or not.
That is what you said. I never said that they should not taken into account.

Well these things are quite vague.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are astrophysical theories on the events that unfold over time that blow my mind. That the universe will end and time will go in reverse with all events unfolding but in reverse back to the beginning like a pendulum. Or of multitudinous universes with events happening differently in infinite possible ways. For instance you scratch your nose in this universe, but ignore it in the other, so not just big events. More recent ideas posit us being in a simulation. So maybe we're all helpless.
Yes bottom line is that infinite universe creates infinite actions and situations. Like you exist in infinite times. Doing infinite amount of things.

That is why one should take "reality" not too serious. Though as a determnist this is a paradox.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
You mean as in u r fated to be so and so?

If so, please don't even go there, this is what women normally say and men who are defeated regularly does to themselves.

Do you really believe that a man who consistently wins are hapless in dire a situation or they will fight tooth and nail to not only survive it but thrive?

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which one seems vague to you?

I'd be happy to explain.
I tell you what I ment with process oriented and than you can bring your view too it.

The idea behind this quote is that: Normally we are goal oriented and that is fine but not always. In some cases it does not work because what one though is the goal does not seem to be the goal. So it could be good to stay flexible and change the goals regularly and sometimes even go without a real goal.

With goals you have the problem that you have hundreds of subgoals. As we change constantly and the world is changing constantly you have to organize your goal all the time That can be exhausting.

Even when you are clear with your goal. It is sometimes even necessary to concentrate on the PROCESS. Why? because the goal could take 20 years. It can be too hard too concentrate at the goal because it's so far away. In that case it's ok to concentrate on the PROCESS. If you enjoy the process you don't get disappointed that your goal is so far away.

Because many people don't know this technic they get rigid and when they fail with their goals they feel lost.

One thing more. A synonym to PROCESS ORIENTATION is OUTCOME INDEPENDENCE. That is something that is useful when we do experiments in life. If you are outcome dependent you might have a bias. You get too much OBSESSED and not enough detached. So you might lie to yourself in order to come to a certain result. Self lies might be produced that way.

It's a ying yang. Life is about balance.

You don't want to wake up one day having chased girls all your life to find out that your gay. :)

It's ok to be a solid rock but sometimes be like water said the asian uncle.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean as in u r fated to be so and so?

If so, please don't even go there, this is what women normally say and men who are defeated regularly does to themselves.

Do you really believe that a man who consistently wins are hapless in dire a situation or they will fight tooth and nail to not only survive it but thrive?
Fated is a mystical term and I don't mean that. I'm referring to something more mechanical and scientific. The gears of space-time.

I'm not saying I subscribe to any of these theories, just pointing them out. The mechanics of the universe can make a lot of men very uncomfortable, because they feel helpless and insignificant rather than in control of their lives.

But if it makes you feel better you can imagine you are at the center of it all, which you are from your point of view. Yes you're a cog in the great timepiece but you're also one with it all and it's all within you. Everything is everything. After all we are literally stardust, globs of carbon brought here from other galaxies.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Fated is a mystical term and I don't mean that. I'm referring to something more mechanical and scientific. The gears of space-time.

I'm not saying I subscribe to any of these theories, just pointing them out. The mechanics of the universe can make a lot of men very uncomfortable, because they feel helpless and insignificant rather than in control of their lives.

But if it makes you feel better you can imagine you are at the center of it all, which you are from your point of view. Yes you're a cog in the great timepiece but you're also one with it all and it's all within you. Everything is everything. After all we are literally stardust, globs of carbon brought here from other galaxies.
Yes we are carbon, from the universe obviously, there's no where else we're from, however since ant's are also from the universe I refuse to believe that I'm one with it.

But you have my permission to believe that.