Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I Have Really Cut Her Off?

Smartone84

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Met a girl online. 33. Attractive. Nice. Outgoing. Has a great job. I'm 34. She's a little extreme with regards to the feminist stuff (i.e. Thought I should call females women and not girls, but didn't really get MAD about it). Not the type that goes to rallies and posts whacky stuff on social media, but absolutely despises Trump and supports everything even remotely liberal, etc. Smokes weed occasionally. Friends with an ex boyfriend of hers. :rolleyes: That type.

Went on a several nice dates but she also seemed like a big "guard up" type of chick so getting a lay wasn't in the cards right away. That was ok with me as I was actually interested in getting to know her and was enjoying her company. Rare for me. She was fun to talk to, intellectual, smart, etc. I had also never dealt with a real feminist chick before so I actually viewed it all as a bit of a "challenge" if that makes sense.

Finally we get to a 5th date and it's dinner and drinks at the bar she gets completely drunk. First at dinner she gets 2 drinks. Ok no big deal. I had 1. At the bar we each have two glasses of wine. I was done after 2 while she ordered a third. Ok fine, but the girl was SMASHED after this 3rd glass, which was #5 overall don't forget (when including dinner). When she got #4 glass of wine though, (6th overall) it felt downright weird and concerning.

We leave the bar and this girl is HAMMERED. We start making out against a wall and I come up for a breath after about a minute of making out. Suddenly she seems to freak out and asks me why I stopped and accuses me of being GAY. "Who knows, maybe you're gay". It was in this moment where everything changed for me and I felt this girl was a closet lunatic.

We proceed to go back to making out, and I put my hand on her chest slightly. She slaps it away and says don't do that and proceeds to chew me out for doing so. I said I just figured maybe you'd want that. By this point I was done and I felt like I was back in college dealing with some 20 year old drunk chick. Turned off 100%. Eventually I play along with her weirdness but tell her I'm not happy with this attitude. She asks in a drunken slurred voice "Can we do a reset??" and proceeds to kiss me. We continue making out again one last time and this time I grab her hair a bit while making out. She snaps AGAIN slightly and says she doesn't like that and told me this several times before. (To her credit, she said she doesn't like her hair being pulled). Finally I "make up" with her just to get rid of her and I say goodbye. I didn't even want to go back to her place which is where this date may have been finally heading. We talk for another day or so before I finally spill the beans about how I was turned off by her behavior. She is completely apologetic and devastated and says she was wrong to drink that much and hopes I can give her another chance. I just couldn't see past it. Not in my 30's I can't deal with childish crap like that I thought. I've dealt with enough of that in my younger days. I feel upset doing so, but I drop her from my life.

A month later I like a picture on her Instagram. She texts me within 15 minutes of me doing so. We start texting again a bit. She asks me out. I say I'm not really ready for that. Two weeks later I ask her out. It's a lot of fun and it's the good times I remember from the first 4 dates. She continues to text in the days following but I don't respond as much or as quick. I still just can't get the images out of my head by everything that happened, but at the same time i'm wondering what the right move is and maybe this WAS just one bad drunken "incident" and maybe I'm overreacting/overreacted slightly. Eventually I fade from the texting and 2.5 months later (just the other day) I see on social media she's dating someone else.

I wonder... Should I have really cut this girl off?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Met a girl online. 33. Attractive. Nice. Outgoing. Has a great job. I'm 34.

A month later I like a picture on her Instagram. She texts me within 15 minutes of me doing so. We start texting again a bit. She asks me out. I say I'm not really ready for that.
Not ready for what?

Two weeks later I ask her out. It's a lot of fun and it's the good times I remember from the first 4 dates. She continues to text in the days following but I don't respond as much or as quick. I still just can't get the images out of my head by everything that happened, but at the same time i'm wondering what the right move is and maybe this WAS just one bad drunken "incident" and maybe I'm overreacting/overreacted slightly. Eventually I fade from the texting and 2.5 months later (just the other day) I see on social media she's dating someone else.

I wonder... Should I have really cut this girl off?
Probably not. 33 year hot girl met online making out that hard with a 34 year old man? Would not have dropped her.

As soon as she asked out, should have said “yes.” Don’t know why the wait. Have to strike when the iron is hot.

Smartone84

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you read the story? I wasn't "ready" bc I viewed the girl as a lunatic for the stunt she pulled that night and didn't know if I was ready to get back involved with someone like that.

Serenity

Reaction score
In any case it seems it's too late now, but maybe there's something to learn still.

I want to say good job on saying what you think of it to her and not just brushing it aside, but you could have given this a second chance after that. We all do dumb stuff sometimes when we're drunk, now she could be like that every time she drinks or it could just have been one of those occasional stupid nights. You would have found out the next time she got hammered, if it turned out the same way then I'd definitely not be forgiving.

It is entirely possible to be drunk AF and not act like an idiot. Especially when she's in her 30's, I'm 28 and have little issue with it even if I'm so drunk I only remember half of the night before. However, occasionally I do things I regret a little, but it's very rare.

By only giving one single chance you can't test how willing a woman is to adapt to you, she has no opportunity to show this part of her if it is there. You would also have gotten the answer to whether this was just one bad drunken incident or a pattern.

I would have given her one more chance after voicing my thoughts about her actions. I wouldn't tell her she has one more chance, because I wouldn't want her improvement to be motivated by that. Only one more chance though, the line has to be drawn somewhere or we risk being caught in the downward spiral of forgiving all sorts of stuff and have false hopes.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bravo. I think you handled this well. There's nothing wrong with questioning things and wondering. We all do this. It's even better that you came here to express this - rather than returning to this gal.

In fairness to her, it sounds like she was establishing boundaries - rather than trying to pull you into her frame, but that's the only thing I could add to her credit.

Her "gay" remark (sober or not) was out of line. Also, it really sounds like she's conflicted. Seems like she wants to feel empowered, but wants to also feel like a woman. It looks like she hasn't found personal acceptance of these two at the same time.

Judging by the way you handled this situation, I'd say that you are comfortable with yourself and/or have other options. Good job!

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This woman sounds like trouble all around.

Funny thing a gf of mine said the exactly the same thing to me in a sober state once: "who knows, maybe you're gay" when we had a discussion about homosexuals and i expressed my strong opinions about them. She was like "what you despise, you are afraid and insecure about, maybe that means you like guys" and looked at me with teary eyes. Weirdest moment ever LOL

In your case it sounds like a typical shaming tactic from her since she didn't get what she wanted at the time. In the same lines of when they accuse you of not being a man enough etc. manipulation is what it is.

Last edited:

Smartone84

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Judging by the way you handled this situation, I'd say that you are comfortable with yourself and/or have other options. Good job!

Thanks. Yeah I'm pretty comfortable with myself these days, though if I was truly comfortable I guess I wouldn't be writing this post asking if I did the right thing or not. I think it's more of me just coming a long way in the sense that I've experienced a lot with women and usually know a potential whackjob when I see one. Her weirdness with the feminist stuff was almost enough, but this all just put it over the top for me.

For me, I've always viewed alcohol and being "too drunk" by people as nothing more than an excuse. It's not tripping on acid or esctasy. In my opinion the alcohol just allowed this side of her personality to surface. I have no doubt in my mind she'd flip out at me for something while sober in the future. This wasn't JUST a passing comment or two on the street. It was a legit SCENE of her ripping me apart and yelling for simply touching her chest and then hair. This after of course I got put down and for taking a break from making out. Just not normal behavior and it's something I do not tolerate nor want in my life, no matter how hot she was or how much fun we had on the previous 4 dates.

The issue at hand was, well, most girls ARE whacked, and do you eventually just get to a point where you take the "best case scenario". For example we had 5 great dates up until this one (albeit catastrophic) point. What gives? Though at 35 I can tell you I've never seen a girl flip at me like this one did, drunk or not.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I'm pretty comfortable with myself these days, though if I was truly comfortable I guess I wouldn't be writing this post asking if I did the right thing or not.
To avoid a political discussion, I will not mention names. There's a president that selected his vice president, on the basis that he'd not always agree with him. Instead he chose this vice president because he knew that, at times, he would not. I personally respected this reasoning.

We all stand the chance of becoming full of ourselves or disillusioning oneself; which can cloud our own judgement. A wise person knows this and will always seek advice/opinions from others that might offer contrasting views.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
stopped reading at feminist.

didnt you already made this thread?

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Five dates and no sex?

I would be wondering if he is gay too!
This is a good point.

If a girl I was on a date said she thought I was gay and it wasn't in a joking manner, I would've told her "No. You're just too fat for my taste" and called it a night.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bravo to you for spotting the crazy instantly.

You did the right thing. Feminists are utterly joyless in their lives and their main hobby is finding more things to be angry about. The chewing out is her true nature and will come out as soon as the honeymoon period wears off.

I won't touch a feminist with a ten foot pole anymore. They can't be reasoned with, at all. Complete waste of time and energy

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All the usual red flags to begin with. Nice to see she is an alcoholic who belittles guys and has emotional spikes and drops that look like a time series plot of white noise. Like Danger mentioned above, shes acting all f'd up and you havent even tapped it yet. Imagine what would happen after you hit it. Eject and find someone better.

logicallefty

Reaction score
B!tch: Are you gay?

LL: Not that I know of, why, are you one of those women who can turn a straight man gay?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Having said all of that, she sounds a bit too angry for my taste, especially if that all happened BEFORE you even had sex with her. This is when women are supposed to be on their best behavior.
True. They turn once they give the man sex.

Men should delay having sex as long as possible so they can get the royal treatment.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True. They turn once they give the man sex.

Men should delay having sex as long as possible so they can get the royal treatment.
Her royal treatment is usually correlated with the level of commitment you give her, sex is just the bargaining chip.