Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I be worried

andy87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Afternoon, have a question for my fellow suave members, over the Christmas period I was spending time with my girlfriends family, we stopped off at my girlfriends aunties house and the conversation went on to when are me and my girlfriend getting married, I had to leave the room and get something from the car and when I opened the front door to come back in I heard a comment from her auntie which was "it's ok Lauren you will still get half his stuff" when I got back into the room no more was said, does it get any more Red pill than this? Is this really what it boils down too? What women can get off you? I have a decent job, own my house, own my car, and have a good social life. If I hadn't known about the red pill I wouldn't off bothered too much about this comment but because I know what I know I can't let it go should I abort now?Andy.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lotta loop holes in prenups and if she gets pregnant he can be on the hook for child support for 18 yrs. Bewilders me any man would get married anymore in this day and age. My advice, get a vasectomy, don't ever get married and have fun living your life with women as secondary players in it. 50% of marriages end in divorce, 80% the women are the ones filing. Do you really want to play those odds? For what? A chance at some booger wiping rub rats you can call your own if you stay married? And now you're girls got it in the back of her head she can get half your stuff when she leaves you. No thanks.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you been talking about marriage with this girl?

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women joke dirty
That's not a joke in my book.

To the OP, I would've confronted her over that that night. But even still my mind would always wonder to "what if that's how she was raised?". Na, I would start changing the way I view things with her.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Afternoon, have a question for my fellow suave members, over the Christmas period I was spending time with my girlfriends family, we stopped off at my girlfriends aunties house and the conversation went on to when are me and my girlfriend getting married, I had to leave the room and get something from the car and when I opened the front door to come back in I heard a comment from her auntie which was "it's ok Lauren you will still get half his stuff" when I got back into the room no more was said, does it get any more Red pill than this? Is this really what it boils down too? What women can get off you? I have a decent job, own my house, own my car, and have a good social life. If I hadn't known about the red pill I wouldn't off bothered too much about this comment but because I know what I know I can't let it go should I abort now?Andy.
Should you worry? Nope. You havent married her and listening to the advise of the aunt you shouldn't.

Spin plates. Keep her in rotation until she does something that warrants putting her at the curb, then do so. When she brings up 'marriage' again treat her as though she is joking. Never be serious when discussing it. If she gets mad 'dump her. Then remind her you are not a lottery ticket and remind her of her aunts advice.

Then go see other plates

RickTheToad

Reaction score
If she's gunning for half your stuff already, why do you think it is a good idea to continue considering her as your wife? The only true way to protect your assets is through an irrevocable trust. They even protect against child support and debt. Gov't can't touch it either. Well, unless they can prove fraudulent covalence and/or embezzlement. However, if you are in the States, an Elder Law atty is the person to speak to.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster, getting married to her, not the trust.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds from your description like your gf was worried that your potential marriage would end one day and that the aunt answered with that line.

I mean her aunt just said what an experienced woman knows and you happend to overhear it. Like my father told me once when he was in the back of a van and heard two women he knew talking about him without knowing he was there. ".. but what kind of status does he have? what is he good for? (resources)" sometimes you get a glimpse into the red pill straight from the fish.

Serenity

Reaction score
That's the sort of thing I'd confront immediately. It would be a direct threat to my goals and I'd push to have it resolved one way or another ASAP.

The first thing that I would have wanted to resolve is whether the girlfriend shares this view or if her aunt is just retarded. I would want to absolutely clarify where the girlfriend's loyalty is on that matter. I would probably achieve this by confronting the aunt by expressing very strong distaste for her statement and closely take note of the reactions. At that point there's many pitfalls that may cause you to lose the high ground, self-control is key to handling it. The girlfriend must be assumed innocent until it's obvious she has the same agenda, that is if you want the relationship to continue despite the drama caused by the aunt. Do note reactions from your girlfriend that's not congruent with agreeing with your opinion though, question her attitude too if she shows signs of agreement with her aunt's opinions about this.

Don't just abort, do us all a favor and speak your mind about the matter. Take a stand, don't just pull out. Send a message to women with such attitudes that sh!t like that won't be tolerated.

In any case, even if you mess it up, it's still better to sacrifice the relationship than to gamble by not picking up your sword (figuratively speaking). That attitude is disgusting, anti-social and harmful for both you and the greater good. Strike down hard on it, you have my blessing!

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Auntie: He's alright, merry him.
Her: I don't know, I'm not sure, he's so fcking alpha, he's not beta at all.
Auntie: It's ok, even if it don't work out you still get half his stuff.

I'd confront her out right. Hey I heard your aunt talking about divorce when I came back. Then whatever she says, go hmmmm, okay.. PAUSE. Hey, let's not hurry things up. Did you hear news from Russia? They have this popular thing going on, common marriage, it's unofficial, but it's just like the real thing, only unofficial.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope have never mentioned she's always hinting about moving In with me though lll
Never bring it up, and i would end all moving in chat as well. This one is disaster just waiting to happen. Consider yourself lucky you heard this. Most guys aren't privy to the true nature and get blindsided down the road when half their investments, assets and everything they worked for is taken from them.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't sweat it guy.
Don't let it get to your head.

Don't let anyone control your relationships.
They suggested marriage, not you. It's a path driven by her aunt to blue pill you.
You're smarter than that. Be a man and be in control.
Don't let them influence your decisions in life.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demote her to plate keep it well wrapped up. She s planning to use you might as well get some use out of her. Under no circumstances rawdog with this girl. If u can't control yourself breakup immediately. Give her the whole its me not you talk, don't mention what you overheard and leave her hamster on a death march.

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex told me that the wife of my ex BIL to her to dump me while they were sitting around commiserating. She told my ex you can marry a really rich guy as easily as any guy. He is a CEO and she worked as a patient care advisor at a charity. This woman came across as a good, caring woman.. Always extra sweet to me, while actually a back stabbing B**ch. Three years later, they are now divorced with three kids. She voluntarily gave up custody and left the country with half of everything. What a POS.

A friend of mine married a woman who dumped a filthy rich guy two weeks before their wedding. He is an average Joe (income wise) and she has a really high paying job. Ten years in and they still seem to have a good dynamic (note the word seem).

Unfortunately, you can never be sure what the entire conversation was. Auntie Gold Digger may be more like the first example and your girl, like the second... or not. The conversation could have been:

Her: We have a lot of ground to cover before marriage is even discussed.
Auntie Gold Digger: Well that sexy man seems to have it together, go for it.
Her: Oh, so things work out like they did for you?
Auntie Gold Digger: it's ok Lauren you will still get half his stuff
Her: (in her head) What a piece of crap

Its all speculation based on what someone else said and what you heard was out of context. If too much time hasn't passed, as some of the other posters said, bring it up and gauge the reaction. Considering that it already bothered you enough to post about it, obviously this is going to be something that is going to eat you up unless you do.