Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Russians, Ukranians and Belarusians

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find Slavs and Slavic culture interesting.

I know each of these countries has their own language but it also seems both Ukraine and Belarus speak Russian or are more likely to speak Russian than their own native tongue.

I would never tell a Ukranian/Belarussian person there is no difference between them and a Russian, but it almost seems so to me.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Ukraine means U krai, у кая, literally near the border. Prior to 1917 there was no Ukraine, and prior to 1954 Crimea was never part of Ukraine. Long ago, Russian capital was in Kiev, Ukraine. But don't get it twisted, Ukraine was never a country by its own, or had their own separate people. They speak different language, and it is different just like New York accent is different from Philadelphia accent. This is why everybody understands Russian.

During WW2, there was more jews killed in Ukraine, by Ukranians, than in entire Europe.

Babi Yar massacre was conducted by Ukranian militias.

What's wrong with them? Because they live near border they are much more prone to surcome to propaganda. There are two religions at work here, Roman Catholic, that would be Europe, and Moscow Orthodox, that would be Slavic. As you might have guessed, there is a religious war. Any war, is a power struggle. Roman catholic church controls the west, while Moscow Orthodox controls the east, so it is a struggle between west and east. Back in the day maps were smaller, and this is where British made assumptions that Russia would take over British Indian colony, because literally on the map it looked like there was no 2 deserts and countless mountains. British even fought two wars in Afghanistan because of this, and lost both of them. Thus, Ukraine is first to come under attack from outside because it is located near the border.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im from Balkans and most of us here also speaks same language(croats, serbs and bosniaks.) The cultural difference is however, not much alike.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ukraine means U krai, у кая, literally near the border. Prior to 1917 there was no Ukraine, and prior to 1954 Crimea was never part of Ukraine. Long ago, Russian capital was in Kiev, Ukraine. But don't get it twisted, Ukraine was never a country by its own, or had their own separate people. They speak different language, and it is different just like New York accent is different from Philadelphia accent. This is why everybody understands Russian.

During WW2, there was more jews killed in Ukraine, by Ukranians, than in entire Europe.

Babi Yar massacre was conducted by Ukranian militias.

What's wrong with them? Because they live near border they are much more prone to surcome to propaganda. There are two religions at work here, Roman Catholic, that would be Europe, and Moscow Orthodox, that would be Slavic. As you might have guessed, there is a religious war. Any war, is a power struggle. Roman catholic church controls the west, while Moscow Orthodox controls the east, so it is a struggle between west and east. Back in the day maps were smaller, and this is where British made assumptions that Russia would take over British Indian colony, because literally on the map it looked like there was no 2 deserts and countless mountains. British even fought two wars in Afghanistan because of this, and lost both of them. Thus, Ukraine is first to come under attack from outside because it is located near the border.
Thanks for the answer. So, Ukranians are essentially Russians.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. So, Ukranians are essentially Russians.
You gotta know history of Russia, best place is youtube, history for Russia, essentially Ukranians & Bellorussians are Russians who either got genetically mixed with Poles and crusaders from the North, or got culturally influenced by them. So the answer is yes.

Also, modern Ukranian language is essentially a mix of Cyrillic and Latin characters. This is a hint for you that they got mixed.

Also, modern Ukranian government symbol, and 3 tooth, is a derivative of the thor's hummer. It was derived after Hitler's influence on that region.

If you know Russian, you will understand both Ukranian and Bellorussian, but if you focus on either of those two, you will not understand the other languages. Because, Russian is the root language. I can speak Ukranian and Bellorussian and I can understand them no problem.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ukraine is being made to Pay, to this Day, for WWII. There whole government is compromised. I would think it more dangerous a place, now and in the future, than Belarus or Russia. Belarus Hates Russians don't ever tell them they are the same.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ukraine is being made to Pay, to this Day, for WWII. There whole government is compromised. I would think it more dangerous a place, now and in the future, than Belarus or Russia. Belarus Hates Russians don't ever tell them they are the same.
Yes, Poles hate the Russians too and with good reason. My grandmother was first generation Polish

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool video and Song (song is from a video game)

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Ukrainians and Belarussians are usually more swarthy looking, compared to real Russians. Not talking about the Native Turkic people like Tatars who look more Asian and live in Russia.

As for attitudes, belarussians women tend to be more conservative. Ukrainian women it depends on wether you meet one from the east or west.

Russian women, especially the ones under 30 are extremely liberal and almost never ever go to Church.