Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rollercoasters and being older

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to Six Flags in my state. Rode two big roller coasters, one was a wooden Roller Coaster (El Toro) that goes 70 mph and has 4.4 G Force.

The second was Bizarro which goes upside down.

This is day three and I still don't feel right. Slight headache, vertigo and nauseous (mild). When I went two years ago, same thing. It took me three days to recover.

When I was younger, I could ride all day. Science says kids can tolerate unexpected jolts and turns, adults have a harder time.

I am starting to think people over 35 shouldn't ride these things anymore. I don't think our bodies can handle it.

I am 43 and my friend was 48, we were the oldest by far on these rides.

Anybody else experience similiar issues?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to Six Flags in my state. Rode two big roller coasters, one was a wooden Roller Coaster (El Toro) that goes 70 mph and has 4.4 G Force.

This is day three and I still don't feel right. Slight headache, vertigo and nauseous (mild). When I went two years ago, same thing. It took me three days to recover.

When I was younger, I could ride all day. Science says kids can tolerate unexpected jolts and turns, adults have a harder time.

I am starting to think people over 35 shouldn't ride these things anymore. I don't think our bodies can handle it.

"Your body can't handle it" is a bunch of bull. If you feel it adds to your quality and greatness of your life then do it.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would recommend enjoying it while you can, amusement parks might not survive COVID19....

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All I am saying is, there are articles from doctors and scientists saying it's alot easier for an adults equilibrium to be thrown off than a kids.
If it throws your equilibrium off stop doing it.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard to say, in my opinion our body react to what the brain tells and the brain decides according to our life style.

At 18 a quick jog was enough to waste me, while now I can out perform most guys in their mid 20s but at the same time since I no longer spends many nights out if Im out too many hours I get tired and mentally exhausted while others older than me have no problem at all.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yes. This is common the older you get. I've had several conversations and informal survey amongst the 40 something crowd. I looked into it further and as you age, the inner ear portion which controls your balance gets more sensitive because the fluid in there gets thicker, resulting in being more sensitive to movements.

Try taking dramamine next time before you go on rides. I haven't personlly tried the wrist band with the ball in it but that could also work for some.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. This is common the older you get. I've had several conversations and informal survey amongst the 40 something crowd. I looked into it further and as you age, the inner ear portion which controls your balance gets more sensitive because the fluid in there gets thicker, resulting in being more sensitive to movements.

Try taking dramamine next time before you go on rides. I haven't personlly tried the wrist band with the ball in it but that could also work for some.
Cool, good info. They also say don't ride on an empty stomach or a full stomach.

Jack12345

Banned
Reaction score
can find old roller coasters without too much crazy stuff, like the wooden ones. The good thing about those is that you dont need to wait too long in the line so can ride it all day.. I guess it starts to get boring at some point but it's a value for the money at least

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have stopped riding wooden coasters. Steel only for me no coasters known for being rough. I just turned 28. Loop, hills, and turns are fine. I don't like violent shaking and intense jerks. I would like Intimidator 305, but it has twists that jerk you hard.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
can find old roller coasters without too much crazy stuff, like the wooden ones. The good thing about those is that you dont need to wait too long in the line so can ride it all day.. I guess it starts to get boring at some point but it's a value for the money at least
Would rather just people watch. Last time I went I saw an autistic kid have a melt down for 30 minutes. What was her mom thinking taking her to an amusement park.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is true that as the body gets older it becomes less tolerant of those physical stresses. I rode coasters well into my 40s but at that point I started realizing I had back problems so that was out. I still go on some pretty crazy rides, but I did notice that when I went on the Round-Up with my girlfriend a couple years ago, it was very stressful on the vascular system. I could feel various pressures in my neck and elsewhere that I never want to feel again. The Round-Up is the ride where everyone stands in a cage around the outer perimeter of a disk. It spins and then the disk tilts at about 60 degrees. The centrifugal force holds you in. I sure wish my back allowed me to ride those coasters.

Somehow the body seems to become more "dense" as you get older, even if you're in good shape. I think that gravity tends to pull you down over the years, compressing disks, joints and connective tissue, so that you are less able to tolerate amusement ride forces.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Yes, it happens naturally to people as they age. Racing drivers, fighter pilots, etc. If they’re older and they lose it, they die, so they retire. We have more choices like a coaster ride or not…

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After all theres is a reason why military pilots retire in their 40s from active duty.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get my kicks with Planet Coaster now. Sad, isn't it?