Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Refined carbs

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Howdy,

i had some health issues a year or two back and all the Drs recommended med diet over and over.

i live med food but find the slight endorsement of bread has been an issue as I love it and I can binge on it.

when I eat bread I feel like crap and I put on loads of weight. In fact all the times I lost significant weight and got lean it was low carb or Keto.

i find Keto is too harsh though.

what’s the general consensus here on refined carbs - pasta, bread etc.

I think I’m getting to the point where it has to be cut forever.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost a lot of weight when I was younger when I cut out most breads and sugar.
Later on I found that the least painful way for me to lose a few pounds was to alter my intake just enough to trend my weight down. I was fine with losing one or two pounds a week until I got rid of my belly. This allowed me to still have some bread and a little sugar without having to go cold turkey.
I say shoot for the consistent downward trend and not for rapid weight loss. I know everyone is different and that might not work for them, but it did for me.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You love it and can binge on it then feel like crap. That's fkn funny right there! But I feel ya.. Sounds like Atom's method is for you. I suggest going full zero carbs for about ten days then trickle it back in. Don't bring junk home, bread too.
It's too easy to jam slices in your face if you're a binger.

Two things that work for me. #1. If you have a meltdown for carbs then you have to make it. SO MAKE A PANCAKE.
It's annoying and a hassle so it slows you down. Throw in good stuff berries/raisins. #2. I make fast bread, I call it
Cowboy bread. A mix of corn bread mix, flour, cornmeal & spices, even sugar. Make it like a pancake but it must be
Doughie. Flip it a couple times for a sandwich. Again it sucks and time consuming and not as easy as cramming a cinnamon role. And it doesn't taste as good either.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost a lot of weight when I was younger when I cut out most breads and sugar.
Later on I found that the least painful way for me to lose a few pounds was to alter my intake just enough to trend my weight down. I was fine with losing one or two pounds a week until I got rid of my belly. This allowed me to still have some bread and a little sugar without having to go cold turkey.
I say shoot for the consistent downward trend and not for rapid weight loss. I know everyone is different and that might not work for them, but it did for me.
the bit that I struggle with, is maintaining weights.

weightlifting and cutting is hard. Once I’ve done it for a while it’s fine but the start is brutal

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lady at farmer's market who sold baked goods would give me free stuff occasionally, mostly muffins. She put whey protein in them. After one, I was full for a while. I think the whey slowed down digestion a lot, compared to being all processed carbs.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going full keto is retarded long term

But refined carbs/sugar are poison

I eat carbs, but only from natural sources. Fruits and veggies are fine, I will still eat things like corn tortillas, potatoes, etc in moderate amounts on occassion.

Avoid things like chips, anything with added sugar (which is everything), white breads...things like pasta and sandwiches might be okay if it's quality, whole grain ingredients, but most grain products in America are just pure garbage anyway, probably better to avoid.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Howdy,

i had some health issues a year or two back and all the Drs recommended med diet over and over.

i live med food but find the slight endorsement of bread has been an issue as I love it and I can binge on it.

when I eat bread I feel like crap and I put on loads of weight. In fact all the times I lost significant weight and got lean it was low carb or Keto.

i find Keto is too harsh though.

what’s the general consensus here on refined carbs - pasta, bread etc.

I think I’m getting to the point where it has to be cut forever.
Cooked pasta that is then cooled and
reheated actually turns it into a different type of carb that reduces blood glucose levels by over 50% from what normal pasta would do...

White bread is actually better for most people than wheat bread because many people are reactive to wheat and it causes low grade chronic inflammation due to changes in the type of wheat being grown (GMO).

Carb cycling will give you all the pros of keto without the drawbacks.