Reducing cortisol

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So my cortisol levels are high and I've lost time to put in the cardio needed to cut fat. I'm about 5'8" 175 and muscular but would like to cut to 165. I can diet ok but its been an uphill battle when I'm stressed I've found, even counting calories I still gain weight. Any ideas?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's your lifestyle. You can't stopgap fix it with cardio because stress has physiological effects that are more powerful than you can combat with a measly treadmill. You need to stop sacrificing your health for your career before your hair balds, you get a gut, a puffy face, your skin degrades, your T levels go down, your sexual potency goes down, and you become a castoff of the rat race with only a bunch of hollow landmarks to show for it. I've said this to you before.... and my advice is, don't try to gamble against your body.

Imo you should take a break from your life and go on a relatively long, focused stress recovery treatment.

Last edited:

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Meditation daily helps so much. Something I also do is take long breaks from social media apps to "disconnect" for a while...I always feel so much better when I'm not engaging with those apps.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plain and simple you give too much of a fvck.

Im not joking, most of the stress nowadays for us comes from paying too much attention to things that are secondary or not relevant to us.

Dont feel any obligation toward anyone and just do what your gut tells you to do, personally I find myself much less stressed just by ignoring my neightbours when I see them around, ignoring old people when they expect my seat in the bus and basically being unpolite to people that pisses me off.

Trust me, erase the nice guy programming you received and start to behave like women do in terms of niceness, you will feel relieved.

Also dont overdo with caffeine or energy drinks, and feel free to violate road signals when its not dangerous, some are extreme.

How This "Nice Guy" Steals Women from Jerks

Did you know a woman can be totally UN-ATTRACTED to you...

And she'll still sleep with you?

If you've ever seen a girl go home with some asshole she didn't even LIKE, you know this is true.

But how is this possible?

Because deep inside her brain, sexual desire has nothing to do with what you LOOK like...

And everything to do with how you make her FEEL.

Matt Cook knows this all too well.

Matt is a nice guy... but he steals women from JERKS all the time.

In this free video training below, he'll show you how he does it:

How to Control Her Emotions and Make Her Chase You

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plain and simple you give too much of a fvck.

Im not joking, most of the stress nowadays for us comes from paying too much attention to things that are secondary or not relevant to us.

Dont feel any obligation toward anyone and just do what your gut tells you to do, personally I find myself much less stressed just by ignoring my neightbours when I see them around, ignoring old people when they expect my seat in the bus and basically being unpolite to people that pisses me off.

Trust me, erase the nice guy programming you received and start to behave like women do in terms of niceness, you will feel relieved.

Also dont overdo with caffeine or energy drinks, and feel free to violate road signals when its not dangerous, some are extreme.
^ This.
It has gotten to that point in society. I've noticed those who don't give a dam, do a lot better in general.
Type in "how to not give a F (or D, don't remember which) and Google it.
You'll get a list of hella good lessons on how to achieve this mindset. I'ts not difficult.
The hardest thing for me, is having to work with those who abuse energy drinks. If they could only see it...it makes them act like a-holes.

R

Ranger

I use traditional archery. It’s zen for me. Without a personal achievement goal life gets difficult because you don’t have anything to default to.

I’m not talking about work or those goals. I read once where some professional ball players do needlepoint or go and use a batting machine. Something to extract your mind from the place it’s at to a calm place where it eases the mind.

Any of the things I mentioned have a level of excellence or mastery connected to them but they only matter to you. A lot of people journal and I do this as well. This works wonders for people.
Some years back my cursive penmanship sucked so I would print everything.

So I download a middle school cursive penmanship chart. I found one where the style suited me, all look different. Then I practiced the cursive letters for a couple of weeks. I write in my journal and I use a fountain men writing cursive. How it looks is as important as what I’m writing.

Hope this helps LA

DumbSS

Banned
Reaction score
Are you a coffee drinker? Can’t remember the details but I heard on the radio morning show that if you have coffee before you’ve been up for an hour that it does something bad to your cortisol levels, but if you wait that hour it doesn’t mess with anything.