Redskinfan92 - Physical makeover

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good place to buy used swiss watch is watchuseek
Bought 4 from there so far

Atom Smasher

Reaction score
There is one brand of watch I used to buy when I didn't have a lot of money that consistently caused women to literally grab my wrist out of the blue to see the watch. They would usually grab my wrist, bring it up to their face, and say "That's a beautiful (or amazing) watch!"

The watch I'm talking about is Stuhrling. I always went for the see-through "skeleton" watches. I still have a couple that I wear occasionally and these were both sub-$100 watches.

To this day, women grab my wrist to get a better view. I have come to understand that walking around with this type of watch is better than walking around with a puppy!

Amante Silvestre

Reaction score
Here are just a few of my random thoughts and opinions on various topics being discussed here:

Watches: I agree. A nice, quality watch is a necessary staple for every man. However, @redskinsfan92 doesn't need to go crazy right now. When I first started to wear a watch, my very first purchase was a $40 piece I actually picked up at Target. lol. As cheesy as that sounds, that watch actually drew a few compliments from other men who were into watches themselves.

The key to buying an inexpensive watch is to avoid any watch that is trying to look like an expensive one to begin with. Don't go for some faux gold-plated, diamond encrusted, fancy, eye-catching, bling thing. Just go for clean, classic, simple and masculine. Save your pennies for a truly nice piece later on.

Budget: I also agree that you do not need to spend a million to look like a million, and that proper fit is the king of priority. That said, I firmly believe every man should have higher-quality, branded/fitted/tailored clothes that can place him a notch above the rest and have him ready for any occasion.

I have plenty of $20-30 button down shirts from Old Navy and the like, but I generally reserve those for extremely casual affairs: an evening BBQ, knocking around a golf ball on a Sunday afternoon, dinner with family, etc. There is just no need to be wearing a $180 shirt here.

When it comes to the lounges and the night life, dinners at higher end restaurants, etc., I'm not going Old Navy. I'm reaching for the Bugatchi shirts, the Au Noir shirts that @lamath linked to earlier I like as well, UNTUCKit has a few nice shirts for less than the others. And as @Spaz said earlier, you can certainly find $180 brand shirts going for only $60 or so at places like Saks Off 5th or Nordstrom Rack and the like just to get your wardrobe started.

If I'm going to be sitting ringside black-tie, or going to a wedding and other more formal, black-tie like affairs, I have my Hugo Boss and more expensive shoes and so forth, things more along the likes of the @guru1000 suggestions made earlier.

Hair Styles: I think @redskinsfan92 has a little bit of a baby-face thing going on. Nothing bad, but I think it should be part of consideration when selecting a style.

I would highly suggest the Slick/burly look that is pretty popular now. Full beard, a slick hair style and sharp clothes, something like this:

Beard-trimming-scissors-or-beard-trimmer.jpg

If however, you cannot grow or keep a full beard due to work and so on, I would avoid any kind of slick hair cut and go more full and a little wilder. Maybe something along this line:

men-spring-hairstyles_11.jpg

I don't think slick and clean shaven would look best.

Last edited:

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are just a few of my random thoughts and opinions on various topics being discussed here:

Watches: I agree. A nice, quality watch is a necessary staple for every man. However, @redskinsfan92 doesn't need to go crazy right now. When I first started to wear a watch, my very first purchase was a $40 piece I actually picked up at Target. lol. As cheesy as that sounds, that watch actually drew a few compliments from other men who were into watches themselves.

The key to buying an inexpensive watch is to avoid any watch that is trying to look like an expensive one to begin with. Don't go for some faux gold-plated, diamond encrusted, fancy, eye-catching, bling thing. Just go for clean, classic, simple and masculine. Save your pennies for a truly nice piece later on.

Budget: I also agree that you do not need to spend a million to look like a million, and that proper fit is the king of priority. That said, I firmly believe every man should have higher-quality, branded/fitted/tailored clothes that can place him a notch above the rest and have him ready for any occasion.

I have plenty of $20-30 button down shirts from Old Navy and the like, but I generally reserve those for extremely casual affairs: an evening BBQ, knocking around a golf ball on a Sunday afternoon, dinner with family, etc. There is just no need to be wearing a $180 shirt here.

When it comes to the lounges and the night life, dinners at higher end restaurants, etc., I'm not going Old Navy. I'm reaching for the Bugatchi shirts, the Au Noir shirts that @lamath linked to earlier I like as well, UNTUCKit has a few nice shirts for less than the others. And as @Spaz said earlier, you can certainly find $180 brand shirts going for only $60 or so at places like Saks Off 5th or Nordstrom Rack and the like just to get your wardrobe started.

If I'm going to be sitting ringside black-tie, or going to a wedding and other more formal, black-tie like affairs, I have my Hugo Boss and more expensive shoes and so forth, things more along the likes of the @guru1000 suggestions made earlier.

Hair Styles: I think @redskinsfan92 has a little bit of a baby-face thing going on. Nothing bad, but I think it should be part of consideration when selecting a style.

I would highly suggest the Slick/burly look that is pretty popular now. Full beard, a slick hair style and sharp clothes, something like this:

View attachment 2280

If however, you cannot grow or keep a full beard due to work and so on, I would avoid any kind of slick hair cut and go more full and a little wilder. Maybe something along this line:

View attachment 2281

Yeah, not able to grow a full beard yet.

Spaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere where's it's none of your business

View attachment 2280

View attachment 2281

The last hairstyle is good for OP.

Some facial hair like in that picture would bring out some roughness which would temper somewhat his squeaky clean image.

Try not shaving on friday mornings and let it grow somewhat, then when monday comes you shave it off.

Allow people around you to comment on the difference with the new cloths, hairdo and unshaven face - try out something different.

How This "Nice Guy" Steals Women from Jerks

Did you know a woman can be totally UN-ATTRACTED to you...

And she'll still sleep with you?

If you've ever seen a girl go home with some asshole she didn't even LIKE, you know this is true.

But how is this possible?

Because deep inside her brain, sexual desire has nothing to do with what you LOOK like...

And everything to do with how you make her FEEL.

Matt Cook knows this all too well.

Matt is a nice guy... but he steals women from JERKS all the time.

In this free video training below, he'll show you how he does it:

How to Control Her Emotions and Make Her Chase You

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last hairstyle is good for OP.

Some facial hair like in that picture would bring out some roughness which would temper somewhat his squeaky clean image.

Try not shaving on friday mornings and let it grow somewhat, then when monday comes you shave it off.

Allow people around you to comment on the difference with the new cloths, hairdo and unshaven face - try out something different.
Yeah not a complete beard but some facial hair might do him good.

You ever tried it?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For years brother but not out fashion.

It's just habitual that I don't shave on fridays through sundays and normally dress ruggedly during those days - that's my default dressing/style.
Question was for redskins but i like the idea of wearing cloths that match the facial hair.

On my side some short beard ( 2-3 week old )seems to be the best style, starting seeing gray in it however

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I'm going to be sitting ringside black-tie, or going to a wedding and other more formal, black-tie like affairs, I have my Hugo Boss and more expensive shoes and so forth, things more along the likes of the @guru1000 suggestions made .
That’s generally my every day wear. Fits perfect for professional/office meetings or business outings but also roll up the sleeves and now I’m ready for a night out with the boys or a lucky girl.

For black tie events, I’ll go with a tailor-made Zegna three-piece that usually runs north of 5k.

I’ve been in these type of wears since my early 20s, as it’s this style that I desire to carry. For more casual I’ll go with designer jeans such Zegna jeans, high end t shirt, and Chelsea or Chukka boots.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It takes some people time to get a full beard. Cutting it off most likely won't get you the full beard.

There's a lot of beard channels suggesting you just commit to it until it grows in. It takes some longer than others. It will look scraggly, but thats going to be the case every time you try to restart.

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Concur on Hugo Boss. I find that their sizes run small. But I look and feel like a million bucks in my HB knit polo. I have two HB polo knits.. 2 pair Hugo Boss pajamas...2 sets HB jogging suits, and oodles of socks.

Hugo is second to none in fit and quality.

My go to is Hugo Boss. This is the only designer that creates quality shirts for the athletic build (broad shoulders, slim waist) and already fitted.

https://www.hugoboss.com/us/easy-ir...erris/hbna50380498_100.html?cgid=21011-1#zoom

Get the same style with different colors, white, blue, pink, purple. The key is buying and then tailoring the back and waist to fit snug, but not tight. Then neatly roll the sleeves three times. Sport a classy watch. You don't need money for a watch, many knockoffs retail relatively cheap. Or you can buy a vintage Presidential rolex for a few thousand, just ensure it comes alongside a proper certificate.

I'd join that with Hugo Boss pants:

https://www.hugoboss.com/us/virgin-...yl/hbna50318499_001.html?cgid=21005-1#start=1

Leave the shirt out, or if you tuck in, Ferragamo is my go to belt:

https://www.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/salvatore-ferragamo-revival-textured-reversible-belt-with-shiny-rhodium-tone-double-gancini-buckle?ID=1850396&pla_country=US&cm_mmc=Google-PLA-ADC-_-Mens-NA-_-Salvatore Ferragamo-_-8058571332114USA&CAWELAID=120156070007082050&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=47685647199&CATCI=pla-381921241590&CATARGETID=120156070006168492&cadevice=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_JWQ7dmP4AIVClYMCh0W_gmtEAQYBCABEgILXfD_BwE

Finish with some banging Ferragamo shoes:

https://www.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/salvatore-ferragamo-calfskin-leather-loafers-with-metal-plated-keeper?ID=2460194&pla_country=US&cm_mmc=Google-PLA-ADC-_-Mens-NA-_-Salvatore Ferragamo-_-8058571966142USA&CAWELAID=120156070005420885&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=47685647199&CATCI=pla-383673425271&CATARGETID=120156070006170529&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKCAjws6jVBRBZEiwAkIfZ2tjhO7OtSgBPNaXUELhjuECdRufHHn75hVcfjBF_Xyzt-myr1d9_wxoCBxwQAvD_BwE

If you don't like the metal plate look, you can go with the Oxfords:

https://www.ferragamo.com/shop/us/en/men/shoes-1/brawell-701569?fromFilter=true

or for less:

https://www.ferragamo.com/shop/us/en/men/shoes-1/boston-699089?fromFilter=true

If you are shoe fanatic like me and want to go high end, I go with:

https://www.shopthefinest.com/products/sutor-mantellassi-caramel-brown-shoes-size-9-5-us-42-5-eu?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o9&scid=scplpAS140&sc_intid=AS140&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn-vfutqP4AIVFEwNCh1duQZYEAQYCSABEgJYKfD_BwE&variant=18066726092915

These shoes will last you over 10 years if you maintain them well, and IMO well worth the money spent.

These are all high-end wear, fit for top-tier men. For about $1k, you can get one of each (shirt, pants, belt, shoes) to start and wear them on the nights you go out, and build from there. The next step above this is all tailor-made clothes with quality fabric of your choosing.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm leaning toward trying the short sides with hard part like in this photo.
Might be a good style for you, but be sure to ask hairdresser opinion on it.

A good haircut its prob the biggest and easiest change you can do.
I usualy go to my barber every 2 weeks, for a quick trim make the cut always look fresh.