Redskinfan92 - Physical makeover

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please don't dress like any of these photos @redskinsfan92 .

What you need is good looking 'staples' (essential items in your wardrobe). These include a white T-shirt, black T-shirt, blue, whatever other colors you want. Dark wash and light wash jeans. But the key is the FIT. FIT IS KING in fashion. If you wear something that is not well fitting, it doesn't matter how fancy it is. Wearing fitting clothes will make you look more muscular, plenty of YouTube videos available on that. You gotta start with the basics, as with everything else, and that will get you surprisingly far. To that end, grab some cashmere sweaters in normal colors (black, off white, navy blue) that match everything since it's cold out.

The haircut suggested here is silly. How many guys do you see with that haircut? I'm not telling you not to be different but I'm urging you to consider why they might not have it. Because it's wack. I would suggest you keep it as long as it is on top and fade the sides. You could also go see a hair stylist, they'll suggest something that fits your face.

Just .. please don't wear the things posted above haha you will look very silly. I know the intention was good, but those looks are not modern. When I get some time maybe I'll send some recommendations. I'm pretty into fashion so if you ever have any questions, hmu.

Personally, I don't think watches are that huge of a deal. You don't need to spend hundreds for a nice one. I wear a timex weekender that I got on eBay for $30 with 4 different straps. It's a great casual watch that can also be dressed up. The important thing is to match the metals of your outfit. Don't wear a gold buckle with a silver watch. It's similar to the matching your belt and shoes thing.
Oh, I'm getting the red blazer! I'm gonna wear that badboy everywhere.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haircuts:

Clothes:
there's tons of videos like this. Just type in "alpha m Staples" or "teachingmensfashion Staples"

Shoes: the same guys I shared for clothes have videos for shoes. Repeat.
Interesting. Got a few ideas. Thanks

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You ever try to grow a a small beard?

might look good .

Amante Silvestre

Reaction score
@redskinsfan92

Before you go spending tons of money on a new wardrobe, first take into consideration the types of places you most often frequent. That red blazer won’t do you much good if you’re not regularly hitting up lounges, clubs, etc. for the late nights...and I’m sure you don’t want to wear it every single date you go on.

I would suggest starting off with a new haircut and style and begin to build your wardrobe up with more casual clothing first; things you are likely to wear every day: black or white vneck shirts, properly fitting jeans, etc. (the jeans you wear now are too long in the leg). Know exactly what measurements fit your body properly before buying any clothing at all.

Once you have the everyday base down and look good, it will help boost how you feel in general. THEN you start to buy the nicer stuff for more flare. I would highly suggest talking to a tailor before plunging into blazers and suits and the like. It’s not easy looking good to people who are the wiser when you’re wearing everything straight off the rack.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I FOUND THE RED BLAZER! Alas, it's a bit too big.
You're right, the blazer is too big, but it looks like it fits you very well in the shoulders. Just wanted to point that out in case you do every seriously consider a blazer.

You can tell if a blazer fits the shoulders well by leaning your shoulder into a wall while standing up straight. If the blazer (shoulder seam) touches the wall before your shoulder, it's too big. If your shoulder touches the wall before the shoulder seam, it's too small.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right, the blazer is too big, but it looks like it fits you very well in the shoulders. Just wanted to point that out in case you do every seriously consider a blazer.

You can tell if a blazer fits the shoulders well by leaning your shoulder into a wall while standing up straight. If the blazer (shoulder seam) touches the wall before your shoulder, it's too big. If your shoulder touches the wall before the shoulder seam, it's too small.
Yeah, it did fit my shoulders.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Y
@redskinsfan92

Before you go spending tons of money on a new wardrobe, first take into consideration the types of places you most often frequent. That red blazer won’t do you much good if you’re not regularly hitting up lounges, clubs, etc. for the late nights...and I’m sure you don’t want to wear it every single date you go on.

I would suggest starting off with a new haircut and style and begin to build your wardrobe up with more casual clothing first; things you are likely to wear every day: black or white vneck shirts, properly fitting jeans, etc. (the jeans you wear now are too long in the leg). Know exactly what measurements fit your body properly before buying any clothing at all.

Once you have the everyday base down and look good, it will help boost how you feel in general. THEN you start to buy the nicer stuff for more flare. I would highly suggest talking to a tailor before plunging into blazers and suits and the like. It’s not easy looking good to people who are the wiser when you’re wearing everything straight off the rack.
Yeah, I grabbed some slimmer fitting jeans and a casual button up off the clearance racks today.

Going to keep doing that. Adding some good fitting pants and shirts to my wardrobe gradually.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A red blazer is too vibrant and blatent for most usage situations unless you’re a pimp wannabe, start out with a red shirt, same noticeable oustanding effect…
Yeah, I was just shopping, ran across it, and had to share for a good laugh.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking better for sure man.

Everyone has their preferences on pants fit, so it's up to you to figure out what kind of silhouette you want achieve (slim, skinny, tapered, etc). Generally, I go for something relaxed in the thighs and tapered from the knee down - this is hard to find in the store for me (because of my build) so I gotta get pants tailored. But like I said, find what works for you. The pants are still a little too long, notice how they are bunching up at the ankle. You want them to have a slight break (the break is the folding/bunching that occurs above the ankle) at the most. They are a nice wash (denim pattern) though, so if you got them at a department store for cheap, it'd be worth it to go to a tailor and get them hemmed/fitted (this could be a good way for you to figure out how you like your pants to fit, the tailor can put pins in and take them out so you can see how you like different fits) or go get a shorter pant length from the same store. Anyways, it's a step in the right direction my man.

As far as the shirt: The shirt you've picked is a formal dress shirt. You can tell because of the collar (it is sharp and doesn't have buttons that keep the collar tips down), and the length of the shirt (it's very long, this means it's meant to be tucked in. If you want to wear a collared shirt untucked, you need a shorter, casual one. As far as the fit, it's too baggy, I'd recommend typing in "jose zuniga/alpha m dress shirt/collar shirt" on youtube. You'll find a ton of videos. The type of shirt you're wearing is good for a business meeting or a very nice restaurant but you won't want to wear it out to grab groceries unless you're just really gonna stunt haha.

That jacket is cold, fam. Definitely rock that. Bad boy vibes right there.

Last edited:

billtx49

Reaction score
The sleeves are too long on the dress shirt, shop a brand that has variable lengths. Also consider the slim fitting/tapered variety.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking better for sure man.

Everyone has their preferences on pants fit, so it's up to you to figure out what kind of silhouette you want achieve (slim, skinny, tapered, etc). Generally, I go for something relaxed in the thighs and tapered from the knee down - this is hard to find in the store for me (because of my build) so I gotta get pants tailored. But like I said, find what works for you. The pants are still a little too long, notice how they are bunching up at the ankle. You want them to have a slight break (the break is the folding/bunching that occurs above the ankle) at the most. They are a nice wash (denim pattern) though, so if you got them at a department store for cheap, it'd be worth it to go to a tailor and get them hemmed/fitted (this could be a good way for you to figure out how you like your pants to fit, the tailor can put pins in and take them out so you can see how you like different fits) or go get a shorter pant length from the same store. Anyways, it's a step in the right direction my man.

As far as the shirt: The shirt you've picked is a formal dress shirt. You can tell because of the collar (it is sharp and doesn't have buttons that keep the collar tips down), and the length of the shirt (it's very long, this means it's meant to be tucked in. If you want to wear a collared shirt untucked, you need a shorter, casual one. As far as the fit, it's too baggy, I'd recommend typing in "jose zuniga/alpha m dress shirt/collar shirt" on youtube. You'll find a ton of videos. The type of shirt you're wearing is good for a business meeting or a very nice restaurant but you won't want to wear it out to grab groceries unless you're just really gonna stunt haha.

That jacket is cold, fam. Definitely rock that. Bad boy vibes right there.
Yeah, it's hard to find good fits around here cause of sheer number of overweight people. Might have to look into tailors. This will be a while before I can due to budget.

Amante Silvestre

Reaction score
@redskinsfan92

I agree with @lamath … not entirely sold on the shirt; mostly because of the cut/fit.

Here are a few things I personally look for when purchasing button downs for myself:

1. Red circle/horizontal blue line :

One of the first things I look for is where exactly that red circled button falls on my chest. The reason why is because, when wearing a button down casually and untucked, I always leave the top button undone to expose just a little more of the upper chest & lower neck area. The problem is, if that red circled button sits too low, when the button above it is left undone, the shirt will open too much, exposing your chest like some cheesy, hairy-chested, 70's disco star, whereas closing the top button closes the shirt enough to make you look like an accountant. There is no in between.

When I put the shirt on, I look for that particular button to fall right around the blue line mark. For me that's roughly 1.5 inches or so above my nipple line. That spot is the perfect middle ground between too cheesy and too stuffy.

rdskn.png

2. Red Oval (Sleeves):

When my arms are down to the side, as you're positioned in this pic, I want the sleeve to end right about that spot where the wrist bone and the palm of my hands meet. In your pic it looks like if you unbuttoned the sleeve, it would fall down and cover half of your hand, which may be why the shirt looks slightly bunched up top.

Another reason I like a sleeve ending in that spot is that when I bend my arm as if I'm looking at my watch, the sleeve rides up high enough on its own to expose such an accessory without having to push the sleeve up with my other hand.

3. Red horizontal line :

This is generally where I like my shirts to end when wearing them untucked. Shirts that fall lower than that give a somewhat odd, long torso look IMO. Another reason is that longer shirts like that tend to ride up and bunch up above the belt line when they are tucked in.

I personally lean toward button-downs that are shaped/tapered/slimmer fit in the waist region to accentuate more of a V-shape, rather than shirts that are not tapered and look straight line and too lose in the waist/torso area.

Here are a few examples close to what I think is the more ideal look of a properly fitting button down when worn untucked and casual:

k.jpg

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coat look nice from what i can see of it.

Next time you take a pic like the 3rd need to see the shoes