Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quotes

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read these quotes; some pertain to DJing, others to life. Read them and see what they mean to you. Some have more meaning than any post or work of writing someone can write.

“The shadowy figures that look out at us from the tarnished mirror of history are -in the final analysis - ourselves”
-- Detlev J.K. Peukert

“You believe in a God who plays dice, and I in complete law and order in a world which objectively exists”
--Albert Einstein

“The world is too dangerous to live in - not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen”
--Albert Einstein

“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope”
--Robert F. Kennedy

"Become strong again in spirit, strong in will, strong in endurance, strong to bear all sacrifices"
--Adolf Hitler

"Strength lies not in defense but in attack."
--Adolf Hitler

"Struggle is the father of all things. It is not by the principles of humanity that man lives or is able to preserve himself above the animal world, but solely by means of the most brutal struggle. If you do not fight, life will never be won"
--Adolf Hitler

"It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge"
--Adolf Hitler

“History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again”
--Maya Angelou

If anyone else has quotes that mean something to them, by all means please post them.

RKS

Don Juan
Reaction score
" watcchh wattcchh"

by phayz

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Care to explain that one RKS? No clue what it's supposed to signify...

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
please do rks

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry bout all the hitler quotes.... i swear im not a nazi, i just thought they were interesting.

Nannu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my favorite quote. I've been in the process of applying it to my life for the last 6 years.

"To Think Is To Create"
-Thomas Willhite

RKS

Don Juan
Reaction score
WELL WELL
HERE IS WHAT MY QUOTE MEANS

" watccch..wattcchh"

just somethin i always in thoes situations!! :)

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
of course..... why didn't i get it before....

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i got some new ones, these are all Albert Einstein quotes, there are a lot. damn this guy was smart... Please read them all, even the long ones

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."

"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."

"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

"A person starts to live when he can live outside himself."

"I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice."

"God is subtle but he is not malicious."

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."

"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility."

"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing."

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is
blind."

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."

"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it."

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically."

"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking."

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."

"Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity."

"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

"In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep."

"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."

"Too many of us look upon Americans as dollar chasers. This is a cruel libel, even if it is reiterated thoughtlessly by the Americans themselves."

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"

"No, this trick won't work...How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

"Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever."

"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."

"Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

"One had to cram all this stuff into one's mind for the examinations, whether one liked it or not. This coercion had such a deterring effect on me that, after I had passed the final examination, I found the consideration of any scientific problems distasteful to me for an entire year."

"...one of the strongest motives that lead men to art and science is escape from everyday life with its painful crudity and hopeless dreariness, from the fetters of one's own ever-shifting desires. A finely tempered nature longs to escape from the personal life into the world of objective perception and thought."

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Copyright: Kevin Harris 1995 (may be freely distributed with this acknowledgement)

darkhorse

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
“Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace.” - Amelia Earhart

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This quote is up before, but i think it might have been missed, and it is the most important, read this and open up your mind.

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
--Albert Einstein

extravaganza

Don Juan
Reaction score
One quote that has made me get off my @ss and make things happen for me is

Circumstances?? What are circumstances? I CREATE circumstances!!
Napoleon Bonaparte.

Basically it states that only YOU can make things happen for yourself. Waiting for something to happen is not going to be usefull.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a few favorites of mine that i have written down:

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability.
--John Wooden

They build too low who build beneath the skies
--an inscription on a building in Washington, D.C

If you're going through hell, keep going.
--Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965) British Statesman, Prime Minister, Author

When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.
--Leo Burnett

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

In the Midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.
--Deepak Chopra

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.
--Henri Bergson

Jvesti123

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a collection of mine that are somewhat germane

"Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself". - attributed to John Dewey

"There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people, it is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a sword that kills". - Buddha

"Dream manfully and nobly, and thy dreams shall be prophets" - Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

"Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others." - Sir Winston Churchill

As Thomas Edison was developing the light bulb, a newspaper reporter came to interview him about his experiments that had "failed." The newspaper reporter inquired as to when the inventor would ever give up after failing over ten thousand times, to which Edison retorted, "Never." The pressing newspaper reporter insisted, "But you keep failing over and over." Edison swiftly responded, "No, what you don't understand is that I haven't failed, I've just found over ten thousand ways not to invent the light bulb."

"Those heights by great men reached and kept were not obtained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Day by day in everyway, I'm getting better and better"

"Happiness is in the doing not merely in possessing" Think and Grow Rich p.154

"Life is a checkerboard, and the player opposite you is time. If you hesitate before moving , or neglect to move promptly, your men will be wiped off the board by time. You are playing against a partner who will not tolerate indecision!" Think and Grow Rich p.232

"The first and best victory is to conquer self. To be conquered by self is, of all things, the most shameful and vile" - Plato

"There is one quality that one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants and a burning desire to achieve it" - Napoleon Hill

"What is the most valuable use of my time right now" Eat that frog p.44

"The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best"
- Epictetus

"Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind." - Leonardo Da Vinci

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change" - Charles Darwin

"There is no try, only do" - Yoda

"The beginning of a habit is like an invisible thread, but every time we repeat the act we strengthen the strand, add to it another filament, until it becomes a great cable and binds us irrevocably in thought and act" - Orison Swett Marden

"The way to eliminate failure is to learn from it, the only way to fail is to not learn from it" - David D'angelo dyd seminar

"Look around you. Everything you see began as a thought in someone's mind. The chair you sit on. The table you work at. The car you drive. The house you live in. The clothes you wear. The television you watch." - The One Minute Millionaire p.18

"Out of abundance He took abundance and still abundance remained." - The Upanishads

"Failure is an opportunity to begin again more intelligently" - Henry Ford

carbani

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excuse my poor translation.

"The chances of success grow when you start trying"

"To understand people you have to hear what they don't say and perhaps wouldn't say ever"

"Aim above the target to reach it"

"Never call yourself a philosopher nor talk about good manners, but act according to them. For example while feast don't say how to eat but eat like in the way you should"

"Be first, be better or be different"

"Only the dead ones don't have hope"

"The one who wants to do everything will achieve nothing"

"Don't ask questions and you won't hear lies"

"Don't ever say anything that could harm you"
(so true..)

The one who knows that he knows - listen to him;
the one who know that he doesn't know - teach him;
the one who doesn't know that he knows - wake him;
the one who doesn't know that he doesn't know - leave him alone.

Think about the last one, It took me a while before I discovered how much truth is in it.

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
here's a new slogan for the North Face, at least i'm pretty sure its North Face.

"Withour Fear the is no Courage."

punkrunner

Reaction score
True Knowledge comes from knowing the extent of ones own ignorance

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
and they keep coming...

"If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."
--Anon

"Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up."
--James Baldwin

"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within."
--James Baldwin

"Perfect love is rare indeed - for to be a lover will require that you continually have the subtlety of the very wise, the flexibility of the child, the sensitivity of the artist, the understanding of the philosopher, the acceptance of the saint, the tolerance of the scholar and the fortitude of the certain."
--Leo Buscaglia

"Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'"
--Erich Fromm

"Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes...just be an illusion."
--Javan

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
--Anon.

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."
--Anon.

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
--Josh Billings

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
--Buddha

"All life is an experiment."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"It is not length of life, but depth of life."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
--Robert Frost

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."
--W. M. Lewis

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
--Jeremy Schwartz

"Most people would rather be certain they're miserable, than risk being happy."
--Robert Anthony

"...happiness is the highest good, being a realization and perfect practice of virtue, which some can attain, while others have little or none of it..."
--Aristotle

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
--Ben Franklin

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
--Helen Keller

"Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy."
--Cynthia Nelms

"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf."
--Walter Lippman

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions."
--Naguib, Mahfouz

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
--Socrates

"Wisdom begins in wonder."
--Socrates

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action."
--Johann von Goethe

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them."
--Walter Kerr

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
--Ambrose Redmoon

"What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print."
--Isadora Duncan, My Life

"Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you."
--Aldous Huxley

"Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right."
--Henry Ford

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
--Henry David Thoreau

"The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going."
--Anon.

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
--Henry Ford

"Not all who wander are lost."
--J. R. R. Tolkien

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
--Henry Ford

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
--Socrates

"Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy."
--Cynthia Nelms

^ my three favorite from the above post. oh yeah...heres a link for more quotes, but i have not the time to read through alot of them. keep posting your favorite quotes :-D.

http://home.att.net/~quotations/index.html

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i have yet another great quote.

"Spend your time wisely because the way you spend your moments today will determine the quality of your life tomorrow."
--Richard Carlson Ph.D., Don't sweat the small stuff for teens