Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Questions for you older people with jobs.

HornetAce

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do most of you go around meeting hot women? I'm curious as to what it'll be like when I'm out of school and in the workforce.

Also, how do you guys find free time to do the things you enjoy?

Lastly, any military/ex-military people around here?

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Enjoy your school years cause that is the easiest time you'll ever have to meet women.

I choose not to date women in the workplace, or peopl from social activities like my martials arts school, and I no longer date anyone in my social circle, so no friends. So where do I meet women? EVERYWHERE. At the store, at the clubs, at the movies, at the coffee house, at the supermarket, from the net, walking down the street, in the bookstore...WHEREVER. Wherever you are, if you see a girl that you're attracted to you go for her. Simple. I usually have 1-2 dates a week with a new girl. I used to do 3-4 but that took up too much time so 1-2 works perfect.

Easy peasy my niggah.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by HornetAce
How do most of you go around meeting hot women?
I meet them online and through guys and girls who I've met online.

Originally posted by HornetAce
Also, how do you guys find free time to do the things you enjoy?
Eric's days:

Mon-Fri
7am-5pm wake/work
6-10 or 11pm whatever I want workout/phone/internet/date/sex/bar/chores/etc...
10 or 11 pm sleep

Sat-Sun:
Whatever I want.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm certainly finding it tough at 40.

You know what they say about all the good ones going.

It's divorcees with stretch marks or lardy, depserate single mums.

OK I'm not painting a positive picture, but it does seem like that sometimes.

What's the deal about the military?

HornetAce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hah, it's really the military question I'm most concerned about.

My current ambition in life is to become a Marine Corps aviator. I've already talked to some recruiters and such, and I'm working my way towards an officer program. However, some questions have just been popping into my head. For one, being on an air contract entails a minimum eight years of active duty. And that's after I get my commission and finish flight school, so I'm looking at being around 35 years old by the time I get out.

I feel like at that point, I'd be too old to pursue crazy ambitious things because I'll have lost the drive of youth. And as much as I would enjoy flying, what if most of my time on duty is spent on some deployment where I don't get action, but I don't get to have fun either because it's some ass backwards diseased third world country? Not to mention I'd be severely limited in my options with women, being unable to spend as much time in the civilian world as a normal person, and being unable to get with any servicewomen since that kind of activity can be considered fraternization.

So, yeah, some doubts have been creeping into my mind, but the problem is, if I don't clear them up soon, I might never get a shot, because the Marine Corps has a very competitive aviation program, and if I can't dedicate myself all the way, I could end up being stuck in the infantry, or not even be given a shot at OCS. The selection officer has put pressure on me to consider going enlisted first, and go through recruit training this summer in San Diego. My current issue is that I am not competetive at all physically, recruit training would take care of that, but I don't want the hassle of having to deal with a Reserve contract. At the same time, refusal to go through the training is a sign that I'm not dedicated and would hamper my packet.

So yeah, I've been really torn about this for the past week, I would love any thoughts and advice on this right now.

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Well yeah, if you're stationed in Timbucktu, getting women will be a problem. But maybe you'll be stationed somewhere cool, ya never know. I've had several friends in the Airforce and Marines. They always had civilians on base so the guys got action whenever they wanted on their free time. There were even base sluts, haha. They'd come around just to fvck.

As for age, being 35 seems old to you right now but it's actually supposed to be the prime of your life so don't worry about diminished drive. I don't see myself slowing down ANYTIME soon.

My Uncle is in the Army. Joined when he was 18. He's 43 now. He's seen and done some crazy shiet. But most of it he can only hint at since it's all top secret agent quadruple x 100% classified ninja shiet. Haven't seen him for a year or so. He was deployed out to Iraq for some operation that he needed to plan, launch, and oversee. Again, ninja magic secrets so I don't know the full story. Last I heard was from my mom when he made a brief call to her. He was sent to Afghanistan and then Palestine, and that was about 3 months ago.

He's one skilled and smart motherphucker but when it comes to the ladies he's not so swell. Easy to get one night stands but when it comes to relationships he's all fuxxored. Other than just not being able to commit time to anyone since he's always in/out of the country, the military lifestyle has done a number on him. I suppose in the same way an inner-city cop becomes desensitized and aloof due to all the shiet they see day in and out. And who can you vent to? You cant tell anyone about what's going on so you just pack that shiet in and deal with it on your own.

So yeah man, you've just gotta decide what's important to you. Not only now, but down the road.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ace

ace,

Two questions you need to ask yourself about flight school:

1...Can you pass a flight physical?

2...What is your IQ?---Can you pass the written exam?

ie.

Do you have the 'right stuff'?

cave dweller

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Bud,

I don't like what you're saying. If you were really comitted, you would be prepared to pay any price, any sacrifice.

I went to Biggin Hill and Cranwell to be an RAF pilot. It was ALL I wanted to do. It was my total focus. That's what you will need to make the grade as well as aptitude.

The good news is all the things you are worried about are nothing to worry about. There are plenty of women available, fantastic social life.

The sort of women you meet as a commissioned officer will be just fine and when you are 35 you will feel no different to 18.

Now the bad news. The chances of you making it are slim. I didn't make the grade and 98% of the people who go through selection don't, so you might end up doing something else anyway.

Just go for it.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I went into the military, we had to have at least a bachelors degree (college graduate) to be an Airedale(pilot). Has that changed???

Then again, we were only flying F-4's.

HornetAce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Good_ol_boy
When I went into the military, we had to have at least a bachelors degree (college graduate) to be an Airedale(pilot). Has that changed???

Then again, we were only flying F-4's.
No change, it's just as hard as ever. The programs they have can start you off while you're in school.

HornetAce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for all the responses guys, they were very helpful. I'm still unsure as to what I want, but for some reason, I feel more at ease now. It feels like some load has been taken off of me for a bit. Whatever happens, I'm going to go at it with all my effort and make the best possible choices.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The toughest part about dating when you have a busy career is making it a priority.

I know so many single people that go home and watch the TV. For me the internet and reading are my vices, but you really need to make a concerted effort to get out and meet people.

For this reason, I think alot of people are more comfortable spending time in a relationship that is not optimal than going out and trying to find someone more compatible.

Jay Gatsby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky
The toughest part about dating when you have a busy career is making it a priority.

I know so many single people that go home and watch the TV. For me the internet and reading are my vices, but you really need to make a concerted effort to get out and meet people.

For this reason, I think alot of people are more comfortable spending time in a relationship that is not optimal than going out and trying to find someone more compatible.
Ain't that the truth. You put in 60+ hours a week at the office, and at the end of the day all you want to do is find some mindless escape from the working hell in which you've found yourself. The last thing you want to do is spend time with anyone, whether it's because all you'll hear from them is complaints about their jobs, or because you'll complain about your job. Likewise, if you're lucky enough to find a woman for a relationship (at one of those rare occasions where your job isn't depressing you), you'll likely stay with her (or even marry her) when she's not really what you want in a lifetime spouse.

You have two choices when you're in a high-stress working environment. You can either wallow in your depression/vices (e.g., addictive "escapist" computer games, IRC, message boards, etc...) or your can learn mental separation and leave the job behind you when you're out of the office.

Consider this -- does your boss think about YOU when he's at home/on vacation enjoying something he wants to do? I highly doubt it. Why? Because you're nothing to him but a cog in the machine, a fungible part to be replaced when you're worn out. You need to look at him and/or your job the same way. Both are a means to an end -- money and a certain lifestyle. If you're not enjoying your money and/or the lifestyle it can provide, then why are you working at your job?

Get out there and meet people -- and leave any complaints about your job at your job.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly Jay and this is why when I go out I want it to be fun and not serious. Dating should be fun and not drama, but tell that to any of the girls I've gone out with. Geez to them drama is a sport. I blame the soap operas and all the bad advice their girlfriends give each other.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easier.

Dating when you're working is more fun, not less.

First, I think by virtue of your schedule, what you do, and who you associate with you become more attractive. Time constraints, mentors, associates, busines deals, put the whole dating thing into perspective where you really have no fear. You realize if your job is sales, or you deal with harassing people all day long, then a few young beauties are only the icing on the cake.

Second, the income. From college or hs to the real world, your income doubles, or triples for most people. The income affords you a lifestyle over and above what college students are able to experience, which is why quality women in the senior year will gravitate toward older men.

Third, life starts. Once I got out, I felt alot of my youth was behind me. I was sick of being drunk, having a hangover, or wasting whole weekends on endless papers, when I could do the same thing for money. I looked at what I would do once I sorted through some of my short-term goals/intentions, and really started to dream.

In my opinion, I wonder what dreams my friends have. Most of them merely desired to have a new car, a new home, or a larger income, which are all worthy goals, but easiler attainable. What else is out there? You create your own passions in life.

A-Unit