Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

question about stainless steel watches

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a cheap watch awhile ago that looked pimp as hell at first, but within 6 weeks the color started wearing, and it turned from a pimp gold color to a crappy combination of gold with silver, and soem smudgy looking crap on the back. It was a 5 dollar Wal Mart watch :p

My girlfriend has a silver colored stainless steel watch that has been through hell and back and looks just as good after 4 long years.

Question is, will a gold-tone stainless steel watch hold its color equally well?

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes.

Chemically, gold doesn't react with **** so it's good. Neither does silver, but it will dissolve in such things ilke HCl (hydrochloric acid) or something like PbNO3 (lead nitrate). Since you don't sweat hazardous materials, I'm assuming you are safe. Stainless steel should do what its name implies, but gold and silver = doesn't react with anything and sweat and water and juice and **** shouldn't wear it down.

Gold > silver because silver reacts with more **** than gold does. This is why people like gold. It last s like a motha

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
Question is, will a gold-tone stainless steel watch hold its color equally well?
That depends. What AFK said is true. But one question: Is it gold stainless steel, or color colored (like you can spray paint something gold type stuff?)

If gold stainless steel, it's great. That'll hold through the test of time.

If it's only gold colored, the gold color will start to chip off and reveal normal silver stainless steel underneath.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: question about stainless steel watches

Originally posted by Eternal
That depends. What AFK said is true. But one question: Is it gold stainless steel, or color colored (like you can spray paint something gold type stuff?)

If it's only gold colored, the gold color will start to chip off and reveal normal silver stainless steel underneath.
Yes, Eternal speaketh teh troof! Your GF's thing watch, bracelet, whatever wasn't cheap yo. If you got something from Walmart again for $5 and it says gold it's going to chip anyways.

Btw, even though I said it doesn't react, don't go dunking it in everything you see because other parts of the watch aren't so nonreactive. Glass is nonreactive too (silicon), but I'm talking about the back that covers the battery and little bars of metal that hold the chain together. i'm not sure what those are made of so be careful. btw, show us a pic of your watch once you get it :D

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Desdinova
How come my box of Crayolas doesn't have a color called "Pimp Gold"?
Because you need to go look up the word "adjective". You fail massively.

Yes, Eternal speaketh teh troof! Your GF's thing watch, bracelet, whatever wasn't cheap yo. If you got something from Walmart again for $5 and it says gold it's going to chip anyways.

Btw, even though I said it doesn't react, don't go dunking it in everything you see because other parts of the watch aren't so nonreactive. Glass is nonreactive too (silicon), but I'm talking about the back that covers the battery and little bars of metal that hold the chain together. i'm not sure what those are made of so be careful. btw, show us a pic of your watch once you get it
Hers was 75 bucks. The ones I want are in between 50 and 130.

Here are my top three choices:

http://store1.yimg.com/I/truckstuffusa_1825_49013321

http://store1.yimg.com/I/truckstuffusa_1824_609034

http://www.mlb-baseball-merchandise.com/images/mlbownersd.jpg

I'll probably get the Corvette one first.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: question about stainless steel watches

Originally posted by Eternal

For the price, I assume it's gold stainless steel. I wouldn't want to pay that much for a watch, only to have the color crap out after two months again simply from me wearing it.