Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Protein powder

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the best protein isolate for me to use?

What protein powder do you use?

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
What is the best protein isolate for me to use?

What protein powder do you use?
I use a mixture of sprouted brown rice and green pea proteins and sometimes add in hemp protein.

Almost the exact same amino acid profile as whey without the bloat. Or the expense.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I think the ECAA... Maybe BCAA... The one that gives you the acids to build muscle, I have noticed this is a much better use of my money than just protein powder. It seriously cuts my muscle recover time by maybe 20% which i need cause i like to swim every day.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Using just ordinary whey, i as well taking creatine days before workout and mix protein/glutamine powder thereafter. Creatine boost power to get more reps on workout, glutamine and whey for recovery.

Trojan3000

Banned
Reaction score
Whey Protein Isolate is the way to go. Whey Concentrate is loaded with fat and milk byproducts so it's not a good bang for your buck, albeit alot cheaper than isolate. Now, it's important to note that alot of supplement companies bull**** on actual amounts of protein mentioned on the label... There used to be a company that lab tested all the whey protein brands and listed accuracy and all that a while back. The one I use is Now Foods Whey Protein Isolate Unflavored. That way i dont have any added bull**** in mine, just pure whey protein isolate.. and they're known to be reputable when it comes to protein content.

You can get away with using Optimum Nutrition products, though they usually contain artificial sweeteners, and other unnecessary crap.

Remember, whey protein should only be used to "Supplement" your diet. Make sure most of your protein is coming from whole food sources.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most Americans consume too much protein from food alone. Precious few people need additional protein intake. Even if I was trying to bulk I'd limit protein.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP doesn't want to hear IF he should take protein powders or not, he wants to know which ones to look for.

General guideline: Look for organic and leave out the sweeteners. Yes, they are not black flagged but why take the gamble and tbh i don't miss any "taste" at all. It's like drinking water after a workout.
In regards to which one, well the one that your stomach and wallet can tolerate.

I respond differently to different brands so try out by yourself. I only buy whey out of convenience.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whey protein by Optimum Nutrition, which is a known brand, has been working very well for me.
Some people might have issues related to a mild lactose intolerance, but that's up to the person.

You can give it a try and figure it out for yourself.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't take it, just eat red meat (about 2-3 lbs) weekly. I spend roughly $100 per week on food, and I am very selective in my purchases, hardly ever getting the boxed stuff (should really even cut that out more). I am going to work out right now, though I dread it. By the end of the week (workweek) I feel Really awesome and light of foot, bouncy strong, but come Sunday and Monday I'm never missing a workout since August 2019 (unless there was an injury or surgery - twice, to keep me sidelined a month), and these consecutive days workouts leave me wound tight and somewhat irritable in mind and body, but it Must be done so that I feel excellent by the end of the week.

I almost got into an altercation with a bigger guy, who was drunk with tatted neck, bald with his ugly frumpy girlfriend smoker, yesterday. He backed down or turned sideways or turned around and walked away still mouthing. I used the F word and took a forward not-gonna-move "are you gonna jump?" demeanor. He didn't want no part of that - him out of shape and with poor/mixed-thoughted not-ready mind and body. He didn't want no part of what he saw drunk or not drunk. I've been training for over a year even though I'm mid-40s now. It stopped this fight from happening cold. My body has the look of a fighter, and even old men I've just met start talking to me about boxing etc out of the blue. I don't think that would have come up and it didn't come up in conversation with such men in the past talking with them. It's subliminal. They must think I'm a life-long brawler. I'm not. My dad was, but I'm not.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
If you are doing weight training, then a good protein shake after a workout isn't a bad idea. You want to get he purest form of protein power you can get. Might not be a bad idea to also get some BCAA and creatine monohydrate in your body too; micronized of course.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
The only people who actually need protein powder are the vegetarians and the skinny teenagers that need 5000 calories a day to gain weight.
Not even remotely true.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
150g of chicken breast raw has about 45g of protein. 2 of those is 90g of protein. 3 eggs has 21g of protein. tin of sardines has 17g of protein. 200ml milk has around 8. cup of oatmeal has 10-12. That's really enough protein for most people from this. add in vegetables and your prolly getting over 150g of protein a day.

If your wanting to bulk up eat 2 cups of oatmeal. more rice. more oats. more good carbs. more extra virgin olive oil. peanut butter. I'm cutting atm btw.

I do buy protein bars occasionally which have 45g of protein in them if i just be bothered cooking. Protein shakes/bars are really for convenience and your better off buying real food. all the other supplements are garbage for most people unless your wanting to compete (which you will be on the roids and the rest anyways) and want a extra 1% edge or whatever it is from all the supps you get.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Optimum Nutrition and Ghost Protein Powder. They both have some very nice flavors as well. Great to make protein ice cream with.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lived on protein shakes for nearly 20 years. My advice is eat real food... in my late 30’s I stopped taking the powder and started eating bison, flank steak, chicken, rib eye... and fish... same intake of protein as with the shakes but entirely different results. I only use shakes when in an absolute bind.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
150g of chicken breast raw has about 45g of protein. 2 of those is 90g of protein. 3 eggs has 21g of protein. tin of sardines has 17g of protein. 200ml milk has around 8. cup of oatmeal has 10-12. That's really enough protein for most people from this. add in vegetables and your prolly getting over 150g of protein a day.

If your wanting to bulk up eat 2 cups of oatmeal. more rice. more oats. more good carbs. more extra virgin olive oil. peanut butter. I'm cutting atm btw.

I do buy protein bars occasionally which have 45g of protein in them if i just be bothered cooking. Protein shakes/bars are really for convenience and your better off buying real food. all the other supplements are garbage for most people unless your wanting to compete (which you will be on the roids and the rest anyways) and want a extra 1% edge or whatever it is from all the supps you get.
My protein is 2lbs of chicken breasts and 8 eggs ( 6 yolks removed ) equals approximately 250Grams of protein. I get slight additional from , oats, my veggies and nuts. I do throw an occasional shake in there, but I feel that chicken breast ( and fish ( but more expensive ) ) builds lean and hard muscle with no fat accumulation.