Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Prom tuxedo

superman0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey.
I know alot of the seniors in this forum have prom coming up soon.
I did a search and couldnt find anything, so i posted this.
Anyway,
what kind of tux you getting?
i want to be completely original, so iam goign to look for a completely white tux with top hat, and cane.
I havent heard anybody at my school doing this.
So,
any other ideas?

DJ Fedorov

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a junior in HS so I'm not planning on to prom this year but one of my senior friends just said the exact same thing the other day,lol, he was like "man I'm gonna go all out and get me a white tux with a white pimp cane... etc." but it's still a pretty original idea so I'd def. do that. Be pimpin' in your white suit and you'll stick out from the crowd. Matter of fact, I think I'm gonna wear a suit to prom too ;)

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm getting a Pimp suit, probably. My parents are gonna give me money (couple 100$) and they said I had to buy whatever I wanna wear for prom with it. So it's either a Pimp suit (complete with cane and hat) or a James Bond tux.

I wanna leave one last memory of the crazy me, lol

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
superman i once thought of doing the same thing, except a different color.

then i realised it would just be a cry for attention, and decided to just go with the cheapest/best looking on me tux i can find.

im not going to say you have to match your girls prom dress, but she may be pissed if u dont lol.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the top hat & cane (unless you're going in an actual fur-lined pimp suit), but white tux's are stellar as long as you arent a white boy with blonde hair.

Also, something to consider (my friends and I are doing this) is renting a Limo to drive you and your buds to the dance. They're sorta spendy, but this is my last prom, and its gonna be memorable :p

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my school everyone's sayin they gonna dress up like a pimp, so the idea isn't so fresh to me.

Everyone seems to be gettin a tux. Limo's too expensive.

I"m poor.

Most likely, black suit w/ black shirt and silver tie. and a taxi ride.

Comments much appreciated

superman0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah.
Iam getting a limo as well.
heh. and iam not a white boy with blonde hair. i got brown hair. so iam that >< much better. hah.
but yeah. i will probably ditch the top hat and cane.
i was talking to a girl of mine, and she said to wear white sneakers?

edward

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a sophomore and I'm goin to prom. I have an black suit with a white shirt, white tie. I'm still deciding whether to go with white shoes or black shoes. Probably black.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot to mention something on the shoes - If you've got some really pimped out shoes like Air Force 1's (I'll be wearing these), old school Jordans, maybe even some Air Walks (basically a casual, yet good looking clean shoe), I'd suggest wearing them. Or at least trying them on infront of the mirror if you're having doubts.

Personally, the black shoes you get with a tux are too ... "slippery" to dance in.

Peebold

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got mine yesterday. Heres a picture of one similiar to it: Here
I think it looks pretty pimp. I got it at Mr. Formal, but reccomend going to Mens Warehouse, because they are a lot cheaper. I just didnt find out in time.

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're going for originality..........
sweatpants + Nascar tanktop + velcro shoes. A pimp cane with a feather hat would also add to the outfit. It also works better if the clothes are grungy and full of holes.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While we're on the "originality thing," - I knew a guy who graduated last year that wore a Hugh Hefner smoking jacket to the prom. Looked pretty stylish.

deeloo

Don Juan
Reaction score
edward - white shirt and white tie? whats the point of the tie then?

um anyway im planning to get something different.. perhaps a black chrome suit.. anyone know where i can get those?

Sina94

Don Juan
Reaction score
My cuz always has to be a freak. Yeah he's got the tux...but you gotta see his face! He films monster movies and stuff with his friends...this year he went to prom with a green monster face with blood and stuff all over it. One of the greatest pics of the night is him sticking a fork in his face!

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got the classic James Bond 007 style white tuxedo with a silver vest, silver bowtie and black pants with black shoes. It looks sexaaaaay.

I'd say stick to black and white, can't go wrong at all with those.

EDIT:
http://www.tuxedos4u.com/Oscar/lavida1w.html

La Vida, booya.