Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Prom: AFC or not?

Reaction score
I have a junior prom coming up, and I've been debating whether or not to go. I could get a date easily because all of the freshmen and sophomores want someone to ask them, but it won't be a guaranteed lay. As a matter of fact, my friend wants to rent a limo for a big group, so I don't see how I will isolate my girl at all.

I know Ross Jeffries would probably castrate me if he found out that I dropped $300+ bucks on a "date". But here's some pros and cons that I've got in my mind

Pros

-Most of my friends are going, so my social proof would probably take a hit if I didn't show up.

-If I went it would be a fun, although outrageously expensive night.

Cons

-Between tickets, limo, tux rental, post-prom tickets, etc. I will probably end up dropping $300+. Not a big deal if you're a doctor, but if you're a waiter in high school it is.

-I don't see any way out of buying her ticket, and she will probably see this as supplication.

-If I wasn't worried about my social proof, I would probably not go. Is this follower/beta behavior?

-I friggin hate tuxedoes.

I'm sure you all have proms coming up too, post your reasons for going/ not going.

nestea16

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man

i know what your talking about, except its different with me. I have prom in a month and i already have a suit, so all i gotta do is buy my date and myself a ticket which is a combined $30....

and for the limo, if u get in on it with friends it should only come out to around $20 per person

I would also suggest going to your prom because the way i see it, its one big party for your school where everyone gets ****ing wasted.

Thats my 2 cents though

Reaction score
I would also suggest going to your prom because the way i see it, its one big party for your school where everyone gets ****ing wasted.
Problem is, all my friends are National Honor Society/ Teens Organized Against Drugs type of people. The post prom is an official, school-organized event, so needless to say there won't be much getting wasted there.

Here's what I figure for $$$

My ticket $50
Her ticket (!) $50
My part of limo $20
Her part of limo (!) $20
Tux $100
My post prom ticket $15
Hers (!) $15
Other miscellaneous flowers and crap my AFC friends will con me into buying $50

BWSL2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone has been asking me "who are you asking to prom? who are you asking to prom?"

First off, it's not you, you ugly wench. So stop asking.

I'm not asking anyone at all. You want to know why?

1. I am completely sick of the girls (and people) at my school. While I could definately get some broad from a different school, I don't really want to. Don't want to mix business with pleasure, y'know?

2. While all those chumps have wasted their money for the possibility of getting action, I'm going to be out dating some chick for about a 1/10 of the price, and having a better time while I'm at it. I don't need a damn dance for an excuse to get a girl to go out with me, like most of the chumps I know.

3. I don't need all these losers asking me "should I hold her hand? should I try to kiss her?" all night long. Just because I know what to do doesn't mean I feel like being your counselor or coach for the evening. This happens on normal "group" dates that I get suckered into. Think what would happen on prom night.

4. Dances suck. Period.

5. It's a big group activity. I work better on my own. I don't need my friends messing up my operations.

6. I've weighed the options. I could drop some serious dime on prom night, or I could have the money sitting in my wallet.

Between money and prom night, I'd be happier with the money.

While I'm sure that if I did go, I'd probably have a good time. (Sure, my friends are chumps, but they are fun to be around, at times.) Prom would be fun, but what I'm going to be doing will be a lot more fun.

(This may be different for me, because I live in Utah, in one of the most highly Mormon areas in the state, which is really saying something. Take this post with a grain of salt.)

Oh, and my absolute refusal to go to prom has stirred up controversy in some social circles. Questions are being asked, and my little friend MYSTERY is setting in. Interest levels everywhere are rising steadily, as the legend grows. Girls want to know what makes me so damn special that I can blow off prom, and why their "good looks" haven't convinced me into taking them. And what I'll be doing that will be so much more fun than prom, the main event in their lives up to this point.

What a sweet deal. ;)

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BWSL2
3. I don't need all these losers asking me "should I hold her hand? should I try to kiss her?" all night long. Just because I know what to do doesn't mean I feel like being your counselor or coach for the evening. This happens on normal "group" dates that I get suckered into. Think what would happen on prom night.
Send them here:cool:

DirkPitt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL...

I"m in National Honor Society as well as the Postponing Sexual Involvement. Its all for college resume's friend....I **** and drink like a drunk little bunny.

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why pay for her ****? "Yeah, we should go, I hear the tickets are $X, and post prom is $X" Girls will say yes, especially the ones who's daddy's will fork the money no questions asked.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah if they really want to go with you, they will go with you regardless of wether you pay for them or not.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so, hold up. There is noone here who actually thinks that going to prom is something that Happens Once (or twice if ur a junior)

i have prom in a month, but i gotta find a date first. I think it would be cool to go, since i will never be back to this HIgh school.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
get your chick to pay. one of my female friends at work said her boyfriend didnt want to go. she bought EVERYTHING for him

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
So I guess the conclusion is: prom is AFC unless she pays for it.

-GF

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****. my prom is like 12 days away and i need a ****ing date!

superman0

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I guess the conclusion is: prom is AFC unless she pays for it.
Nah. Not in my opinion.
You only have on highschool prom (unless your dating a girl in a younger or older grade), why not go?
At my school, the tickets are $45. So, its not that bad out of my pocket.
You might have to pay for your date, and if you dont want to pay for your date, then go stag and hit on all the girls there.
hehe. ****, were djs, bring a date and still hit on em all.
haha.
theres my 10 cents.
my 2 cents is free.

Kalen

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can go youll enjoy it and noone will think your a social reject by being the only guy able to go and not going.

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by superman0
Nah. Not in my opinion.
You only have on highschool prom (unless your dating a girl in a younger or older grade), why not go?
At my school, the tickets are $45. So, its not that bad out of my pocket.
You might have to pay for your date, and if you dont want to pay for your date, then go stag and hit on all the girls there.
hehe. ****, were djs, bring a date and still hit on em all.
haha.
theres my 10 cents.
my 2 cents is free.
Nope, actually I have two high school proms, junior and senior.

Going stag to prom? You would have to be God to pull that off, everyone has dates. My game is pretty good and improving, but I don't think I'm that good yet. But maybe senior prom...

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see what it would be "AFC" or anything...

if you're really that uptight about spending the money, I'm sure you don't have to pay for everything, but it's an experience too. How often do you get to do the whole nice outfit, great dinner, dancing, and sh1t for a date? I'm sure you can grin and bear it for the one or possibly two times that you go. It takes away from the normal monotony of regular dating... i.e. "Let's go see a movie" or "let's go play miniature golf" or "let's go eat dinner..." etc.

V6VQ

Reaction score
did u say junior??

well i dont know much about junior proms except that it might help with ur social proof since everyone is gonna be looking at those pictures for who knows how long. What i can tell you (since i'm a senior) is that just do whatever the hell you wanna do. Be yourself and dont give in to things so easily. Dont forget that once you leave hiskool, ur probably never gonna see these people again. **sigh of relief**

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to prom just because I kinda wanted to go this year. My date and I aren't really together as a couple, so it's just going out for a night and having some fun. Nothing wrong with that. Besides, it's totally possible you can bring one girl there and take another home for yourself :D Stranger things have happened.

My mom and sister bugged me non-stop at home until I got a friggin date, how lame is that? :rolleyes:

I plan on going for dinner, taking her to prom, dancing for about 2 hours, going to the after party at Gameworks, dropping my date off at her house, then seeking out the REAL afterparties :D