Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Program to Make Copy of Personal DVD

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im wondering what program is good to make copies of dvd that have anti copying mechanism. Im trying to make copies of my dvd collection but it says that i cant because its copyrighted. I heard that its your right to do so because theyre your dvds. Anyway, id like get around that problem but im unsure what program would do that

Also, what program can burn wav files. Im currently using nero express and it cant do either. it only burns wma and mp3 files

Ziroh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cory's PopSci column: How Hollywood broke DVD

I've begun writing a regular column for Popular Science magazine, about technology and policy. The first one's just hit the stands, called "Go Ask Hollywood: Why can't you back up your DVDs? Because entertainment execs don't want you to."

They set up a cartel in 1995, now called the DVD Copy Control Association (DVD-CCA), to dole out these licenses. Anyone making players without one is breaking the law. A Fox Studios executive told me, "It's a polite marketplace." Sure, if polite means stagnant.

Think of all the things you can do with a track from a CD now that you couldn't do 10 years ago: rip it to your laptop, turn it into a ring tone, send it to your friends, burn a mix. Many of these capabilities are illegal, and the recording industry has tried to stop them all, but they're out there, challenging the old rules and feeling their place in the market. Innovators have tried to enable the same flexibility for the DVD. Last year 321 Studios released software that let you back up prerecorded DVDs, but the MPAA sued it into bankruptcy before a court could rule on whether or not the product was legal.

Just last month, this magazine gave a Best of What's New award to a $27,000 movie jukebox from Kaleidescape, praising the maker's efforts to appease Hollywood by locking down content on the device so it can't be shared. Kaleidescape thinks the product is within the boundaries of its DVD-CCA license, but my Deep Throat on the cartel says the group disagrees and is currently deciding how the company will be punished. Penalties range from a stern warning to fines to lawsuits. (When I called the DVD-CCA for an official line, I got this reply: "I've been asked to tell you we have no comment." "Who asked you to tell me that?" "I can't tell you.")
----------------
My friend has a program that will remove security and area code from a dvd on-the-fly while you are burning it. Let me check.

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok, but where do i download it from? theres aq couple links to a bunch of places

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nvm

oh and ziroh, what is this program your friend has?

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i need a good one too. I tried one that isn't working.

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heres what i got from the link...get dvd decrypter, then dvd shrink, and nero express...i think its free. so first, rip the dvd to the hard drive. then, shrink the file when burning it with nero and voila, you made YOUR backup to YOUR dvd

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thejuice
heres what i got from the link...get dvd decrypter, then dvd shrink, and nero express...i think its free. so first, rip the dvd to the hard drive. then, shrink the file when burning it with nero and voila, you made YOUR backup to YOUR dvd
Bingo. That's exactly how I do it.