Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Please help

Stamper75

Don Juan
Reaction score
If she can’t accept you and your kids, then she can hit the road. Don’t need a selfish woman bringing you down.
Yep she's definitely down the road. She said maybe we could get together again down the road. I just laughed.

tightgrp

Don Juan
Reaction score
In any relationship, which includes business and personal as well as romantic, the one who is willing to walk away first holds the power. Good luck, my friend.
In that kind of situation, it's easy to convince yourself that you are that one when you're really not. The only way to real test your belief is to actually walk away.

Stamper75

Don Juan
Reaction score
In that kind of situation, it's easy to convince yourself that you are that one when you're really not. The only way to real test your belief is to actually walk away.
Yep and that's what I did. I'm a little sad but I'm more relieved so I know I did the right thing. I feel more free than I have in a long time.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Concur. Dealing with this even though he is PRO in his sport and makes 6 figures outside it.

Cheers
Almost all women want their man to make more money than them, even if they won’t admit it. How are you dealing with it?

-Augustus-

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost all women want their man to make more money than them, even if they won’t admit it. How are you dealing with it?

-Augustus-
Hello Augustus. Nice to see you.

You know I really don’t give it that much thought. Would it be nice? Sure I suppose, but it wasn’t on my list of deal breakers.

I expect a man to be ambitious and intelligent and to have a level of accomplishment in his chosen field. He is working on something independently as well that he plans to monetize. I’m very supportive of that effort and I believe in him.

He makes a six figure income in a technical field and his senior level expertise is valued. If we want to go do stuff we can.

So no it doesn’t bug me. It frankly doesn’t cross my mind at all.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Augustus. Nice to see you.

You know I really don’t give it that much thought. Would it be nice? Sure I suppose, but it wasn’t on my list of deal breakers.

I expect a man to be ambitious and intelligent and to have a level of accomplishment in his chosen field. He is working on something independently as well that he plans to monetize. I’m very supportive of that effort and I believe in him.

He makes a six figure income in a technical field and his senior level expertise is valued. If we want to go do stuff we can.

So no it doesn’t bug me. It frankly doesn’t cross my mind at all.
[/mQUOTE]
Yes, it’s been a while.

Glad to hear that it’s not an issue for you. Wishing you all the best.

-Augustus-

kookdekoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep and that's what I did. I'm a little sad but I'm more relieved so I know I did the right thing. I feel more free than I have in a long time.
I am going through the exact same thing. Five year LTR, woman is 55 , same age as me. Doesn't make anywhere near what I make. Not as smart as I am ( even though I say so myself ! ). Was warm,affectionate and happy to please me till now. Last four months , has started acting funny. I posted on this in Mature Men yesterday.
Anyway, am doing a pull back myself. Hoping the dread game works. If it doesn't, it'll be good bye.

Slag

Don Juan
Reaction score
Regardless of what they say, this is usually a major issue eventually. They won't be actively thinking about it, but subconsciously, socially, etc they will feel superior to you because of it and they don't want to feel that way with a man, they want the man to be higher in that domain than they are. Eventually it erodes their respect level for you to the point they will likely end up dumping you or will start the process of emotionally detaching and then physically detaching hoping you will dump them.

I would bet this is a big part of the issue, and honestly there isn't much you can do about it unless you have ways to bridge that gap that you aren't using currently.
Couldn't agree more. Saw this same scenario play out with my aunt and uncle. My aunt is a corporate boss b and once she began out earning my uncle, their marriage went to pieces. The funny thing is their 25 year old married daughter has the same personality and ambitions as her mom, and I can already see the problems it's causing in her marriage as well. She's a corporate boss b, too, and is out earning her well meaning but naive husband.

Stamper75

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going through the exact same thing. Five year LTR, woman is 55 , same age as me. Doesn't make anywhere near what I make. Not as smart as I am ( even though I say so myself ! ). Was warm,affectionate and happy to please me till now. Last four months , has started acting funny. I posted on this in Mature Men yesterday.
Anyway, am doing a pull back myself. Hoping the dread game works. If it doesn't, it'll be good bye.
I'm sorry man. It's an awful feeling.

Stamper75

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, she must have done a number on you. I try to be friends with my ex's. I dont go out of my way to ignore them or hang with them. I just treat them like friends... probably leaning more towards acquaintances.

There's only one girl I completely ignored, and she was crazy and had a tendency to be manipulative (toxic).

Be cool with me, and I'll be cool with you.
Well she moved out of state. Problem solved.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 48. Marine Corps veteran. Spent 20+ years in the Marines. Master guns. Should be the ultimate alpha male.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that really isn't how "alpha male" works. It's a mentality, not a rank.

You spent your entire life following the orders of someone else, guns. What is your purpose in life now that you are out?

Stamper75

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that really isn't how "alpha male" works. It's a mentality, not a rank.

You spent your entire life following the orders of someone else, guns. What is your purpose in life now that you are out?
After stacking Arabs like cord wood my purpose now is maintaining our Navy's nuclear fleet.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my purpose now is maintaining our Navy's nuclear fleet.
I would imagine OPSEC comes into play somewhere here but I'm out so IDC.

If your purpose in life is your job, you need to find a more interesting purpose and hobby.
*Caveat: If your job is running your own business, that can count as a 'purpose'. However, one's job/career isn't really what folks mean when they say what their purpose is.

Purpose = What dent are you trying to make in the universe?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
After stacking Arabs like cord wood my purpose now is maintaining our Navy's nuclear fleet.
Were you in the area where that footage of Gimbal and GoFast was taken? Seems those crafts and whatever is powering them are highly interested in anything nuclear...

Stamper75

Don Juan
Reaction score
Were you in the area where that footage of Gimbal and GoFast was taken? Seems those crafts and whatever is powering them are highly interested in anything nuclear...
No I work on the west coast but I have worked on the Theodore Roosevelt and talked to some sailors that were underway when it happened. They were very freaked out over it and didn't know what to make of it