Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pickup Artist Mystery on Elle Magazine

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome article!

I think much of Mystery's success comes from his 'in person' energy. His "IT" factor. There is something about him beyond what he says that makes him very charming and successful with women.

This info is fcuking amazing:

"Cornell associate professor of human development Cynthia Hazan thinks the Method works on a deeper level than even Mystery knows. First of all, she says, “you knock [the woman] off balance” with the neg, so throughout the next phases “her judgment is impaired. She becomes focused on getting his attention and approval and getting back into the group.” From the point of view of evolutionary psychology, she adds, “it's really anxiety-provoking, and humans have a built-in aspect where when we're anxious we want to get closer to other people.”

The act of negging an attractive woman can even tamper with her brain chemistry, says Helen Fisher, the author of Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love. “When you fall in love with somebody, what's going on in the brain is an elevated activity of dopamine,” the main arousal chemical, and “the system that motivates you to win a reward,” she explains. “A woman who's a 9 or a 10 doesn't have to do any work to get a man, so the system usually isn't triggered and she doesn't feel romantic love. But when someone spurns her, that system will kick in and she'll feel attraction.”

We can't be blamed for our innate trigger systems, can we? But to be fooled by the crocodile tears of male “vulnerability”? Even here we're conditioned to respond, Hazan says. “Vulnerability draws us to people—it's clearly a hardwired characteristic. We have this spontaneous desire to nurture them, to alleviate their distress.”

-Elle Magazine
http://www.elle.com/article.asp?section_id=36&article_id=5820&page_number=5&preview=&magind=5790

Props to him! Mystery is one creative mo-fo enjoying a lifestyle that most men wish they could have.

However, I do disagree that with his definition of what a typical "AFC" does with telling us that the "AFC" will "hit on a woman by telegraphing sex and trying to get her into bed as quickly as possible".

His differentiation between himself and [a guy who doesn't use his methods] is a bit skewed. I'm curious as to why he thinks that he is NOT trying to quickly bed these women? He teaches how to get from A to B smoothly and quickly (complete with LMR -Last Minute Resistance) techniques just in case the girl starts feeling hesitant about fvcking.

mon bro.... U just wanna talk with them and make 'em feel warm and fuzzy instead? :p

Bottom line: I say props to him! He's made a name for himself and helped many guys along the way. Nice work Mystery!

Cheers!

The Always,

ER!C L!VE
www.tenderz.net/forum

zentraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Having gone out to nightclubs and gone home dejected on many a nights, I for one want to see what the Mystery man is all about.

I don't think I'll necessarily copy by rote his techinques and material though. I think it's preferable to let things sink in and "come out" naturally when you most need it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by zentraveller
Having gone out to nightclubs and gone home dejected on many a nights, I for one want to see what the Mystery man is all about.

I don't think I'll necessarily copy by rote his techinques and material though. I think it's preferable to let things sink in and "come out" naturally when you most need it.
I suggest doing some research on his theories before making a decision. He actually speaks to guys that 'let things sink in and come out naturally.' He gives the analogy of guys that believe you can just 'be yourself.' If you aren't a DJ or a PUA already, being yourself probably isn't working too well for you.

I've read some of Mystery's stuff outside of the Elle article and actually saw a Power Point presentation of his method. Perusing through the limited material, it seems that he does have some solid ideas. Don't forget that the Elle article does reference established psychological findings that gives his theory merit.

I'm going to research a bit more. I've already read a couple of things that explains a few things that I've had success with but hadn't fully experimented with. I'm going to try a few things out and post my findings.

zentraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard reading Elle magazine makes you more Alpha, so I bought a lifetime subscription last month. :D

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ER!C L!VE

His differentiation between himself and [a guy who doesn't use his methods] is a bit skewed. I'm curious as to why he thinks that he is NOT trying to quickly bed these women? He teaches how to get from A to B smoothly and quickly (complete with LMR -Last Minute Resistance) techniques just in case the girl starts feeling hesitant about fvcking.

mon bro.... U just wanna talk with them and make 'em feel warm and fuzzy instead? :p
1 - when mystery gets interviewed for magazines (this isn't his first article), he always comes from the angle that he's looking for true love, not sex (ie, he's being politically correct).

2 - what he meant in this article is that the AFC _verbalizes_ his intent for sex immediately, while he usually doesn't.

I find mystery's method WAY too complicated though. I've tried a few things like neg hits and peacocking, but I'd rather be more direct and natural in my approaches, rather than use a method based (at least partly) on bird psychology...

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to poke any holes into Mystery stories or methods, maybe not everything that he teaches to his AFC students who pay $1500 is real?!

He could be running a business type of scheme where he already knew the girls previous to his encounter with them in front of the AFC's where he would tell them to pretend to fall for him so they will get a cut of the money.

Another thing, he does not seem to want to help his AFC students in the club with the pick up but just for them to watch him do it. I can't recall who but there is a user on this forum who flew somewhere(maybe Seattle?) and used the service of a PUA to help him inside a club to get his confidence up. Which is a far better method then Mystery.

Mystery on the other hand charges too much and only gives you seminars with most of the stuff are written on here or Fastseduction for free! then he takes his AFC students out so they can watch him score with a "Supposed" legit girl....... I don't know but part of being a magician is making people believe your tricks are real.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The information he provided was just the tip of the iceberg. It's true that even if a woman knows what you are trying to do, typically she can not combat the advances indefinitely (if there was an initial attraction).

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sapphire
What is peacocking?
Really dressing up and standing out. Flashy dressing. Think lenny kravitz, brad pitt in fight club, Steven tyler of aerosmith, johnny depp, people like that........

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The article mentions playing "memory games".

Can anyone give examples?

Reaction score
This dude wears a pony tail and uses eye liner and polishes his nails and is doing an article for ELLE - a woman magazine!!!

This dude is no "Mystery" - he is a homo!!!:D

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haters haters :p

His **** is foolproof and tight...

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
strange strange... got me thinkin that this mystery guy overthinks his sh!t. It's turned into more of a game of calculation by the looks of it, ah well i guess the AFCs that were in that article need some sort of calculation in order to start their gameplan.... or maybe the article portrayed it that way

anywyas it was a good all-round article that took a goddamn long gime to read :D

did anyone caatch on to what he was doing right on the last paragraph on the article ? :p

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AverageFC
The article mentions playing "memory games".

Can anyone give examples?
I'm assuming it's like the Mega Memory stuff that David Traudeux use to sell on TV.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
I'm assuming it's like the Mega Memory stuff that David Traudeux use to sell on TV.

Youre older than me by 17 years man. I have no idea what that is. Or who.

eniktin

Don Juan
Reaction score
He must have some good techniqes, cause he has no personality.

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don Juanabbe
What I want to know is why is he revealing his stuff on Elle?

We don't want women to get wise to us!
Believe it or not, most women 'want' a guy to actually use this material. They deal with dead beats all the time so somone who has their game tight is actually refreshing for a girl. Most girls want a challenging interesting guy.