Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Peacocking still works

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To many, peacocking and dressing shouty are a relic of the PUA days. These days the DJ status quo stresses muscle, preselection, social value and only after all that, showy displays of wealth (wealth also being a form of peacocking).

However, straight peacocking can still grab a woman's eye. I was running some errands this morning, wearing my Rich Rocker shirt with genuine sterling silver decoration, my Beijing Olympic edition Dunks and my limited edition U Boat on a custom camo pattern NATO strap.

13331136_10206802279798883_8750734428030696936_n.jpg

Despite the scorching heat and general frustration at having to wait outside banks and other establishments wearing face masks (I was wearing my black Bane style mask which looks pretty badass IMO), there were many women following me with their eyes as I walked past. I could have opened any of them if they were younger and more attractive. I'm still way overweight and generally invisible to women, but not today, not when I was dressed like this.

Peacocking still works.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well yeah cuz you rocked it all the way bro. You gotta just own it, which in this pic you are. Lowkey you look like a total douchebag stereotype, you’re only missing the party shades and you’d be a walking penis haha but whatever works right? I think it’s cuz you stand out a ton, and bc no one wears this type of stuff no more, you rocking it all the way makes it seem like this you ARE that type of dude. Half-assing it only makes you look like a wannabe with no style. Good shit.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That girl is solid. Well done!

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no one way of attracting females. I dress very simple, t-shirt, designer jeans and whatever shoes/boots I have. I've attracted a lot of women who say they prefer their men like that. With that said, the type of women you attract may or will not be into me. It's just how it goes.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one of the things Peacocking does is changes the impression made on other men. the bleeds across to the women. it will not trump a good looking face and tall but will trump another at the same level not doing it.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It works if you're congruent with it. E.g. I would never wear Mystery's dopey getup, but it works (worked?) for him. But I do wear some flamboyant stuff sometimes, because I like to.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no one way of attracting females. I dress very simple, t-shirt, designer jeans and whatever shoes/boots I have. I've attracted a lot of women who say they prefer their men like that. With that said, the type of women you attract may or will not be into me. It's just how it goes.
Because it’s not about how you look on the outside, it’s about your essence, who you ARE. It’s just that who you are typically tends to manifest outwardly as well, so if something’s not right, people will pick up on that and know you’re fake. Especially women. They have a knack for that.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peacocking has always worked, there's no doubt about that.
It's more about having an original style and wearing something that's unique to you.
Something that makes you feel good to wear.

I don't like Mystery's approach to peacocking because it's over the top and flamboyant.
I know when I'm out in public wearing camouflage pants/shorts and a fitted black shirt, I always get noticed.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think dressing "loud" can get her eyes to look in your direction initially, but your inner game and body language must match as well. If I saw some green sparkly thing out of the corner of my eye, I would probably look too. It takes confidence to dress against the norm and command attention through colorful clothing, so I can see how some women would perceive this as an "alpha trait", despite dressing in attire that most could consider "flamboyant".

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It works if you're congruent with it. E.g. I would never wear Mystery's dopey getup, but it works (worked?) for him. But I do wear some flamboyant stuff sometimes, because I like to.
Not sure if "peac0cking" is trying to have the magician look like Mystery. For the purposes of this forum Peac0cking should be considered wearing current fashionable apparel properly and with "bling" assortments. You know the right shoes, the right outfit, the right watch, rings, chains, earrings, a hat, all of the currect brands and worn in the proper venues. Dress game to the max.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if "peac0cking" is trying to have the magician look like Mystery. For the purposes of this forum Peac0cking should be considered wearing current fashionable apparel properly and with "bling" assortments. You know the right shoes, the right outfit, the right watch, rings, chains, earrings, a hat, all of the currect brands and worn in the proper venues. Dress game to the max.
Sure it can be. Mystery definitely peac0cked. I don't think you should limit yourself to what's "fashionable" or you'll be dressed like everyone else, even if you spend 10G. Peacocking is more about distinguishing yourself from the crowd. You can walk into a bar in the financial district and meet 30 men in Armani suits, but who's daring to stand out in a loud plaid or a pink ties and kerchief? But like I said it's all about congruency and what works for each person. Try-hards get eaten alive.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure it can be. Mystery definitely peac0cked. I don't think you should limit yourself to what's "fashionable" or you'll be dressed like everyone else, even if you spend 10G. Peacocking is more about distinguishing yourself from the crowd. You can walk into a bar in the financial district and meet 30 men in Armani suits, but who's daring to stand out in a loud plaid or a pink ties and kerchief? But like I said it's all about congruency and what works for each person. Try-hards get eaten alive.
WTF is a "try hard" in dress game? So in an environment where I'm normally well dressed, a couple men out of 150 were able to stand out more ( and I don't "try" to stand out, I was wearing what I wear ). The guys that stood our had full suits. Every day. Within a conservative environment, their colorings had life in them while still being within the rules. Fabrics and textures you could tell were by their individual tastes and not off the shelf. Cuff links, handerkerchief. More color coordination on tie, handkerchief and socks. Enough change out of shoes and each were appropriate.

When I saw the look it made me understand that the closest thing to a woman in lingerie for a man is a man in a tailored and properly fitted suit.

So who would win out, police lieutenant with a pauching gut and not very handsome in the face or a couple well built Armani dressed bad boys in Lambo's and Ferraris each multi millionaires?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To many, peacocking and dressing shouty are a relic of the PUA days. These days the DJ status quo stresses muscle, preselection, social value and only after all that, showy displays of wealth (wealth also being a form of peacocking).

However, straight peacocking can still grab a woman's eye. I was running some errands this morning, wearing my Rich Rocker shirt with genuine sterling silver decoration, my Beijing Olympic edition Dunks and my limited edition U Boat on a custom camo pattern NATO strap.

View attachment 4326

Despite the scorching heat and general frustration at having to wait outside banks and other establishments wearing face masks (I was wearing my black Bane style mask which looks pretty badass IMO), there were many women following me with their eyes as I walked past. I could have opened any of them if they were younger and more attractive. I'm still way overweight and generally invisible to women, but not today, not when I was dressed like this.

Peacocking still works.
So we have established, "peacocking" is dress dominance in a tasteful and individualistic manner.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have my own peacocking style that I use when going out. I have even worn this get up when doing day approaches at the grocery store and mall. I look unique. I agree that peacocking is great.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF is a "try hard" in dress game?
I just meant any man who's attempting to peacock without it matching his inner game and sense of self. For instance, if I put on a top hat and an earring simply to impress. It's not my style, might work for some other guy. Every man should feel at home in his outfit, like a second skin.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just meant any man who's attempting to peacock without it matching his inner game and sense of self. For instance, if I put on a top hat and an earring simply to impress. It's not my style, might work for some other guy. Every man should feel at home in his outfit, like a second skin.
LOL. I discounted the entire Mystery and any 100% PUA style stuff, in favor of more what's in and will work in the current times. There's a shyt ton of looks available.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL. I discounted the entire Mystery and any 100% PUA style stuff, in favor of more what's in and will work in the current times. There's a shyt ton of looks available.
Yeah I know...I only cited Mystery's stupid look as an extreme example, lol. But it really doesn't matter what I think of how a guy looks, anyway. I remember when I was about 22 I worked in a drab office, but there was one guy who frequently wore garish red suits. At the time I thought, wow, that dude's a dork. But he wore that shyt with pride and turned heads. I don't know if it was to get girls or just to express himself, but looking back, I realize that whatever his motive, he owned his look.