Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

parents

bigtymer

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you do if your mom is like a god damn dictator and never lets you go out on the weekends and doesnt even give you a real reason she just says " because I said so" how do u sit down with them and get it throught their thick heads that you are not some irrisponsibble little kid. :(

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You haven't shown your parents you ARE responsible.

Tell your mom "look mom, I'm a boy who needs to spend some time with buddies. Can I go out from __pm to __pm? I swearI'll be home on time.

Then be home on time. You have to live with your parents. Make sure they trust you.

bigtymer

Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter what i do she will still control me like a god damn B**** . I am always back by 12 cause I cant drive past then anyways but she still just says no and its because she says so. Im 16 years old and i'm not allowed to go out of the house besides school and work more than once a week.

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, just take off. Hehe.

If that doesn't appeal to you, then just put up with it for 2 more years. Less, even. As soon as you turn 18, you're free. That's when life REALLY begins! Just grit your teeth and let the scum pass by, it'll be ok later.

I promise ;)

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what's your age? Have you ever gotten in trouble or have done anything like that for your parents to lose trust in you?

Odds are your parents are acting like this because they don't trust you. That's also why they don't give a reason, A parent would never want to tell their child that they don't trust them.

Basically you just have to build trust with them. It will be very helpful in many areas of your life to have a good trusting relationship with your parents. Some places to start is respecting your parents and not flipping out on them, show ur emotions constructively. When you tell them you are going to do something sometime, make sure u do it. Start trying to be your parent's friend almost, make conversation out of nowhere with them about their day and their lives, don't ignore them, treat them like people (u can even practice convo skills on them) beacuse believe it or not they are. Your parents can be some of your best friends u can have if you give them the chance, you mean more to your parents then you mean to your friends so just think about it.. After you get a healthy relationship with your parents odds are they won't be dictators.

The other possiblity is they are worried about your welfare in which case you just have to convince them you'll be safe. Just let them know where you are going and all that stuff they'd normally ask. Make sure to let your mom know after when u get home about your night. If you don't say anything about it she could wonder what you're up to.

So try to improve your relationship with your parents, that's what I've done. I've noticed a HUGE difference, everyone always says my parents are the bomb and stuff because they give me so much freedom, I never have to call them (I call them on my own freewill now and then just to let them know what's up), I don't have to say where I'm going or when I'll be back (I might say just to reassure them or something) and I can show up at the house anytime I want. I accomplished all this by getting a healthier relationship with my parents, it isn't that hard of a thing to do beucase odds are your parents have been waiting for you to soften up for a long time.

bigtymer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah i've never been in trouble i dont drink or do drugs and my mom knows that but she still wont let me go out. I'm 16 by the way and tell me more about how u did that thing with ur parents.

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I pretty much just got talking to them more and more. I'd spend time with them alone now and then and talked to them and got to know them better but not only that let them get to know me better. It all pretty much started from an increased amount of conversation with them and now there's a sort of friendship with us with a foundation based on trust.

Another thing I did which is kind of hard to do is I'd push the boundaries to what they'd let me do, I'd make slow and gradual progress but the progress I made was irreversible because I didn't do any screw ups to get them pissed while I was doing it. An example would be to tell your mom you've got to sleep at your friend's house to do a project which is something fairly harmless and doesn't have much wrong with it so after some nagging (if u even have to) she'll let you go. Then you can later ask to sleep at the same guy's house just to hang out or whatever and she'll be more likely to let you go because you already went the first time and everything was fine the first time. If you have to you can bring up how the first time went fine with no problems. The whole thing is u keep pushing ur boundaries and improving your relationship with your parents and they'll start to lighten up.