Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pain and gender

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Howdy folks and a happy Xmas and NY.

Just would like to share some musings on something I’ve observed.

sadly, I have a pretty serious incurable disease (don’t worry, it’s an arthritic one so I’m not going to die anytime soon). The main symptoms are pain/stiffness/fatigue/a host of other weird shyt!

I am on a Facebook support group for it and I notice that it’s literally 95% women on there, which is surprising as about twice as many men have it. Im not even exaggerating, I have to scroll a long way to find anything written by a man.

I did some research as well, and the disease when viewed via scan created far more spinal and joint damage in men. So it’s more aggressive, yet, women report pain more, take more time off work, take more painkillers etc.

I’ve never considered myself disabled as, for a start, I’m not, I just get some pain. Sadly, there are some people who get a more aggressive disease course and truly do end up in a wheelchair (but this is very rare).

the way the majority of women on this group talk; you’d think this disease is the end of your life. Constant agony etc.

my dad has this all his life. He’s still walking at 68 - no medication, and never really complained much about it.

So, I’m starting to think the “women handle pain better because of childbirth” is bull****. As is the “men can’t deal with colds like women can” is also BS.

Or, is it that women love to circle-complain and share their pain?

I find these groups become a “my pain is the worst - please sympathise” contest, and when I try to suggest things like good diet and exercise etc, I got called “mean and nasty” lol

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe simply that men are solution oriented while women are...well you know.

So its pointless for most men to talk about how sick they are unless others can provide solutions unknown otherwise.

Regarding the cold its not that women handle it better than men, its just that women cant handle being alone without interacting with others much less then suffering therefore they pick their poison accordingly.

A sick men sometime is almost happy to have a reason to rest and stay alone.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women seek out support groups to feel better about their problems all the while never resolving the issue other than talking about it. Men isolate themselves in caves to think about their problems and derive solutions.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus is a good book to explain this.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Howdy folks and a happy Xmas and NY.

Just would like to share some musings on something I’ve observed.

sadly, I have a pretty serious incurable disease (don’t worry, it’s an arthritic one so I’m not going to die anytime soon). The main symptoms are pain/stiffness/fatigue/a host of other weird shyt!

I am on a Facebook support group for it and I notice that it’s literally 95% women on there, which is surprising as about twice as many men have it. Im not even exaggerating, I have to scroll a long way to find anything written by a man.

I did some research as well, and the disease when viewed via scan created far more spinal and joint damage in men. So it’s more aggressive, yet, women report pain more, take more time off work, take more painkillers etc.

I’ve never considered myself disabled as, for a start, I’m not, I just get some pain. Sadly, there are some people who get a more aggressive disease course and truly do end up in a wheelchair (but this is very rare).

the way the majority of women on this group talk; you’d think this disease is the end of your life. Constant agony etc.

my dad has this all his life. He’s still walking at 68 - no medication, and never really complained much about it.

So, I’m starting to think the “women handle pain better because of childbirth” is bull****. As is the “men can’t deal with colds like women can” is also BS.

Or, is it that women love to circle-complain and share their pain?

I find these groups become a “my pain is the worst - please sympathise” contest, and when I try to suggest things like good diet and exercise etc, I got called “mean and nasty” lol
Hormones are released during child birth to reduce pain.