Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

OT. Conceal Carry

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always thought that if I felt the need to carry a gun because a neighborhood is so rough, I shouldn't go there to begin with. Also, I figured that the chances of a gun helping me is outweighed by the chances of it hurting me.

I remember a plate from way back that was a cop's daughter, and she carried. :eek: :eek:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
up north there are two cases I look at from forensic files that get my attention. One the tap water "can" go bad. Two luminol is a sure way you don't get taken out. Sadly for owners of .38 caliber or any weapon is storage. Sure enough if you have kids they will alway be attracted to the idea that you have a loaded weapon in your closet. So in theory 10-20 years pass your kid will still want something with weapon in question. Basically in the 90's we didn't solve the problem we had with safety mechanism or vaulting your weapon in question...
Simple solution. Use a gun safe. If one wants to be even more secure, use two gun safes. One for firearms, one for ammo.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always thought that if I felt the need to carry a gun because a neighborhood is so rough, I shouldn't go there to begin with. Also, I figured that the chances of a gun helping me is outweighed by the chances of it hurting me.

I remember a plate from way back that was a cop's daughter, and she carried. :eek: :eek:
Well...her daddy just got defunded and no one is coming to save anyone from anything anymore. Time to wake up and smell the roses.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Good example of 10-15-Life psa

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple solution. Use a gun safe. If one wants to be even more secure, use two gun safes. One for firearms, one for ammo.
That's the catch, the more secure the gun, the less likely you will be able to access it quickly enough in an emergency.

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You’ll look like one of the bad guys in Mafia Iii Clay or cassius whatever his name was during the ferry mission

RickTheToad

Reaction score
That's the catch, the more secure the gun, the less likely you will be able to access it quickly enough in an emergency.
Very true. However, one can keep a nightstand biometric locked safe if need be. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds to pull out a hand gun. If there are kids around, then the guns must be locked.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve seen these bedside holsters out there. I was thinking of trying one, just for sleeping. Rest of the time either carrying or in the safe.
Just me and the Mrs. and I’ve got her sufficiently scared of it.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your dead set on a fire arm for concealed carry, you should check out this guys YouTube channel, Paul is without question the most informed man on YouTube in pretty much every nuance of fire arm ownership, he has hours of videos on conceal carry alone and goes into such deep detail. I'll link his one video here even though it's not pertinent to this conversation, but check out his channel and browse his concealed carry series, it's 100000% worth the watch.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
since we are more informed now. I'll drop my 2 cents on ownership. Since this thread started most of us have dissmissed threads like this. Since we are all on the same page with laws now in place. Would you sell you weapons if you loved your wife? Or will the next member of westpoint shows up on your doorstep of your house and takes your wife. I've dealt with legionaires, outright framed cases, and finally out right housing failures. Now considering we are northerners we understand and have dissmissed bears, gators, and mountain lions. So I ask you again would you sell your guns if you loved your wife? Uneseccary to start a thread on mature forum just to get back with your exwife. See where this is going :crazy:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
since we are more informed now. I'll drop my 2 cents on ownership. Since this thread started most of us have dissmissed threads like this. Since we are all on the same page with laws now in place. Would you sell you weapons if you loved your wife? Or will the next member of westpoint shows up on your doorstep of your house and takes your wife. I've dealt with legionaires, outright framed cases, and finally out right housing failures. Now considering we are northerners we understand and have dissmissed bears, gators, and mountain lions. So I ask you again would you sell your guns if you loved your wife? Uneseccary to start a thread on mature forum just to get back with your exwife. See where this is going :crazy:
Not married, but my GF is a Republican and supports gun rights. We go to the range together. So, in my case it's immaterial. Someone comes into my home armed and doesn't leave, s/he is leaving in a bodybag. Connecticut is not MA or RI.

If your dead set on a fire arm for concealed carry, you should check out this guys YouTube channel, Paul is without question the most informed man on YouTube in pretty much every nuance of fire arm ownership, he has hours of videos on conceal carry alone and goes into such deep detail. I'll link his one video here even though it's not pertinent to this conversation, but check out his channel and browse his concealed carry series, it's 100000% worth the watch.

Check out hickok45. He's a former FBI agent and does some great reviews.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Goes to show public opinion in the country. Today on the hill they’re talking about defense budget. Bafoons what was approved was 13 Trillion... back to laws something as simple as brinks home security is a solution to “break ins” Back in tower 1 or tw1 radio Brinks was the security company to turn to...