Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

OT. Conceal Carry

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got my CCP a few months ago. The S&W M&P .40 is what I tend to carry because I used the normal size M&P .40 on the force way back when. There is no standard safety so it is a grab and go type of platform. SO that comes with extra responsibilities and precautions. If I feel like wearing my coyote brown sling pack, then I will carry a full sized Beretta PX4 Storm (also in .40) that has a 14 round capacity and a safety as well but...the size of that gun and the pack do tend to stand out in a non-military environment. Back at home I have a Benelli shotgun I can use to swing at bearded hipster f@gs during SHTF. No need to shoot them with it, they are really frail. Or just use my Ka-Bar.

I still train in boxing and have trained heavily in MMA and BJJ in my 20's but just keeping it real, there's no way I'm going 3x5-minute rounds with someone if they break in at 3 A.M., or that I'll be good to go when out and about every time I leave home. My body has new aches, pains and problems from all my time on the force and in the military. Thinking you'll be some highly-capable Chuck Liddell or Jon Jones anytime someone comes at you sideways in public is pure mental masturbation. Get some..

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didnt realize the op, stringpuller, was banned. I never saw him argue with anyone.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I got my CCP a few months ago. The S&W M&P .40 is what I tend to carry because I used the normal size M&P .40 on the force way back when. There is no standard safety so it is a grab and go type of platform. SO that comes with extra responsibilities and precautions. If I feel like wearing my coyote brown sling pack, then I will carry a full sized Beretta PX4 Storm (also in .40) that has a 14 round capacity and a safety as well but...the size of that gun and the pack do tend to stand out in a non-military environment. Back at home I have a Benelli shotgun I can use to swing at bearded hipster f@gs during SHTF. No need to shoot them with it, they are really frail. Or just use my Ka-Bar.

I still train in boxing and have trained heavily in MMA and BJJ in my 20's but just keeping it real, there's no way I'm going 3x5-minute rounds with someone if they break in at 3 A.M., or that I'll be good to go when out and about every time I leave home. My body has new aches, pains and problems from all my time on the force and in the military. Thinking you'll be some highly-capable Chuck Liddell or Jon Jones anytime someone comes at you sideways in public is pure mental masturbation. Get some..
You have a CCP in DC?

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK. Since your profile shows DC, I thought you had a res. permit from DC. Apparently, they are very hard to get.
Oh, no. I've moved around the world far from D.C. metro area since creating this acct. Now I'm back in Va, but D.C. proper would be an uphill battle to get a legit permit. In fact, D.C. up through your neck of the woods (and beyond) doesn't seem easygoing on granting anything. But I can't complain too much, I spent the last 3 years in a laughable U.K. where self-defense was practically illegal. Plus side is my boxing gym there helped me develop those skills tremendously.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Breaking news out of Tx is the Gov is expected to sign a bill into law soon taking the L out of CCL …
Game changer, expect other like minded States to follow …

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didnt realize the op, stringpuller, was banned. I never saw him argue with anyone.
Well there ya go. You personally never saw him argue with anyone, so of course he MUST not have broken any rules.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well there ya go. You personally never saw him argue with anyone, so of course he MUST not have broken any rules.
I read his post history. And whatever posts mods may have deleted, I probably would have seen before they did so. I never even saw the guy angry at anyone or anything.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I read his post history. And whatever posts mods may have deleted, I probably would have seen before they did so. I never even saw the guy angry at anyone or anything.
Unfortunately the Forum management archive has a different behavior history narrative than your personal perception of his reality, but rest assured Sir that All things change given enough time…

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out in Canada the Elk are a much bigger problem than the bears, they crave salt and most of the snow and ice melters on the roads are salt based, so the Elk will just sit there and lick your vehicle during the winter, then obviously they do the same thing in summer since it's a learned behavior, it's becoming a really really big problem and isn't getting any better.

You would be very surprised the amount of damage a bow and arrow can do against an animal, a bow can do more damage per shot than a rifle believe it or not, obviously comes with some caveats, would need to train, but you could kill an Elk with a bow and arrow, easily drop a bear, just something to think about as opposed to a fire arm.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Oh, no. I've moved around the world far from D.C. metro area since creating this acct. Now I'm back in Va, but D.C. proper would be an uphill battle to get a legit permit. In fact, D.C. up through your neck of the woods (and beyond) doesn't seem easygoing on granting anything. But I can't complain too much, I spent the last 3 years in a laughable U.K. where self-defense was practically illegal. Plus side is my boxing gym there helped me develop those skills tremendously.
Pretty easy to get a CC in Connecticut. For DC, they have reciprocity with New Hampshire; which is also very easy to obtain. NY, NJ, MA, RI; not so easy.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At this rate, texas will soon require a license to not carry a gun.

Put away your credit card.

You can now read our detailed guide to women and dating for free - Right Here!

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty easy to get a CC in Connecticut. For DC, they have reciprocity with New Hampshire; which is also very easy to obtain. NY, NJ, MA, RI; not so easy.
I just can't be bothered to visit or live there. I wound up taking a scholarship from a medical college down south so that made me drop all the Pennsylvania schools. But I get your drift, it was like that when I lived in WA state. Surprisingly laid back on permits and guns. Oregon was a little stricter. Idaho was the Wild West. Now...it's like watching the Twilight Zone in color.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
conneticut? I'll tell you about a court case in boston. All parties ended up happy. As for one bozo he entered the boston prison system. Well for stories sake Tom was an outgoing irish guy in boston. Married practically and making 200000 a year as an electrical engineer. Thanks to luminol they found him on a boston road. Basically during the guys breakup he went to visit a person he didn't know so good. He went awall and attmpted to ko Irish tom. Finallly after luminol was found. The stiching process began to repair tom. All in all the solution is pepper spray or body alarm. For problems in the street. Good to mention even a crossbow can handle a black bear. Because in the north this is a problem. Black bears have been know for "real" to take out innocent campers. So there you go. Everyone's favorite psa. Use a gun 5 years in jail fire a gun 10 years in jail. Life for actually trying to hurt another human being. Take it from me and all the fights I've seen through Rykers NY prison system. "former bailiff" Vantagepoint4 out...

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I just can't be bothered to visit or live there. I wound up taking a scholarship from a medical college down south so that made me drop all the Pennsylvania schools. But I get your drift, it was like that when I lived in WA state. Surprisingly laid back on permits and guns. Oregon was a little stricter. Idaho was the Wild West. Now...it's like watching the Twilight Zone in color.
You would think it would be easier in the Northeast as it is in the Northwest. Heck, it's apparently not hard to get a CC in Cali. At least there are no tent cities yet in the area.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
conneticut? I'll tell you about a court case in boston. All parties ended up happy. As for one bozo he entered the boston prison system. Well for stories sake Tom was an outgoing irish guy in boston. Married practically and making 200000 a year as an electrical engineer. Thanks to luminol they found him on a boston road. Basically during the guys breakup he went to visit a person he didn't know so good. He went awall and attmpted to ko Irish tom. Finallly after luminol was found. The stiching process began to repair tom. All in all the solution is pepper spray or body alarm. For problems in the street. Good to mention even a crossbow can handle a black bear. Because in the north this is a problem. Black bears have been know for "real" to take out innocent campers. So there you go. Everyone's favorite psa. Use a gun 5 years in jail fire a gun 10 years in jail. Life for actually trying to hurt another human being. Take it from me and all the fights I've seen through Rykers NY prison system. "former bailiff" Vantagepoint4 out...
MA is hard to get a CC. You need a license up here for a crossbow too. Plus, not very easy to carry around in public. If I was going hiking, I'd take my Desert Eagle .50 caliper. I assure you... That will stop a bear.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MA is hard to get a CC. You need a license up here for a crossbow too. Plus, not very easy to carry around in public. If I was going hiking, I'd take my Desert Eagle .50 caliper. I assure you... That will stop a bear.
up north there are two cases I look at from forensic files that get my attention. One the tap water "can" go bad. Two luminol is a sure way you don't get taken out. Sadly for owners of .38 caliber or any weapon is storage. Sure enough if you have kids they will alway be attracted to the idea that you have a loaded weapon in your closet. So in theory 10-20 years pass your kid will still want something with weapon in question. Basically in the 90's we didn't solve the problem we had with safety mechanism or vaulting your weapon in question...