Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

OT. Conceal Carry

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys i just recently bought a micro pistol for conceal carry. Im in a state that allows with permit. My paperwork is complete and going on the 2nd to the sherriff's office.
Any CCP guys here and how do you carry and why? I tend to wear tighter clothes and in hot weather wear shorts.
Obviously not while traveling but at home.

Where do you carry? Body and location and why?? Pointers and feedback appreciated.

Warning!

Do not subscribe to The SoSuave Newsletter unless you are already a chick magnet!

The information in each issue is too powerful for most guys to handle. If you are an ordinary guy, it is not for you. It is meant for the elite few – not the unwashed masses.

If you think you can handle it...

If you already have girls calling you at all hours of the day and night, showing up at your door, throwing themselves at you everywhere you go...

Then sign up below.

But if you're just an average Joe, an ordinary guy, no one special – and wish to continue being so – then skip this. It's too much power for you.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
micro pistol? You better hope that's not 'what she said'!!! :p

Joking aside... What's a micro pistol? Is that like a Walther PPK?

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys i just recently bought a micro pistol for conceal carry. Im in a state that allows with permit. My paperwork is complete and going on the 2nd to the sherriff's office.
Any CCP guys here and how do you carry and why? I tend to wear tighter clothes and in hot weather wear shorts.
Obviously not while traveling but at home.

Where do you carry? Body and location and why?? Pointers and feedback appreciated.
I carry a 9mm, but here's what I use. Shouldn't be an issue if you carry inside your pants. Check this one out.

Atom Smasher

Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting my concealed carry in this state ( I have dwellings in 2 states) and I've been reading about these compact pistols. My one concern is accuracy. They say that it's harder to put shots on target with the compacts.

I'm thinking of sticking with a standard size 9mm for EDC, and purchasing either a 10mm or .45 for bear protection, because in my state, bears are becoming a serious problem.

RickTheToad

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting my concealed carry in this state ( I have dwellings in 2 states) and I've been reading about these compact pistols. My one concern is accuracy. They say that it's harder to put shots on target with the compacts.

I'm thinking of sticking with a standard size 9mm for EDC, and purchasing either a 10mm or .45 for bear protection, because in my state, bears are becoming a serious problem.
As a LEO, it shouldn't take very long to get an unrestricted license. I had to shoot a bear once, it wasn't fun. .45 would be best for that. However, those's f uckers are heavy and has a decent recoil. I emptied a whole round into the charging bear from my 9mm; did little. I was just lucky that when I switched I was able to get it in the head. Talk about terrifying. Then, of course, people called shots fired and I was swarmed by the cops after nearly being charged by a bear. Ever have a half a dozen cops draw their guns on you? Not a pretty feeling...

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

dk1990S111

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a LEO, it shouldn't take very long to get an unrestricted license. I had to shoot a bear once, it wasn't fun. .45 would be best for that. However, those's f uckers are heavy and has a decent recoil. I emptied a whole round into the charging bear from my 9mm; did little. I was just lucky that when I switched I was able to get it in the head. Talk about terrifying. Then, of course, people called shots fired and I was swarmed by the cops after nearly being charged by a bear. Ever have a half a dozen cops draw their guns on you? Not a pretty feeling...
I have unfortunately haha all because of a buddy making a goat noise. Long story

BackInTheGame78

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't do any type of conceal carry. Just asking for trouble...allows you to make bad decisions for yourself much easier than you normally would.

biggoal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, especially from old dates do you carry? You hear about people being set up on old and robbed.

I hate our carry laws in fl. No open carry so it must be concealed at all times and you need a permit to carry. Conceal carry in fl without a permit is a felony.

My home state of Missouri does not require a permit to conceal carry and is also an open carry state. Up there I'd carry a full size 1911 even in the summer not caring if it exposed or not.

Takes time getting used to the more restrictive fl gun laws.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I carry a 9mm, but here's what I use. Shouldn't be an issue if you carry inside your pants. Check this one out.

Thanks Rick ill take a look. Carrying will be new to me even though I've had rifles for hunting over the years.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I read and had the same concern too. I got a deal on the sub compact and im glad i went that route.
Subs take a lot of heat because of accuracy but they are not range guns. 10 yards or less is how i will be practicing. And i need it because ive always been better with a bow then a gun.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I have a bear phobia lol. Another reason im getting it. Ill go with a 9mm or a 45 for hunting carry i think.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't do any type of conceal carry. Just asking for trouble...allows you to make bad decisions for yourself much easier than you normally would.
Depends on the individual. Its intented to be last line of defense and extreme emergency. I would take no pride in having to actually use it in that way.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a CCP in Louisiana and carry a Glock-19, 9-mm, but I do not recommend anyone that has little experience with carry since it does not have a hard safety, it has a trigger safety, but no switch... If you do not know what you are doing you might accidentally fire it off pulling it out. It is a good compromise between a good pistol with decent power in a smaller size for convenience.

In Louisiana they do have some strict limits on where you can bring it. You can never bring it in a place that serves alcohol, or near parades or large groups of people, like parades. You also can not bring it into any place were the owner disallows weapons... the later is the hard part since proprietors are not obligated to post that firearms are prohibited. Truth is I seldom carry it, it's just too hard to know where it is allowed. Because of limits on where you can bring it in... lots of folks will leave the weapons in the car... and New Orleans is nation's capital for car break-ins and most of the thieves are looking for guns. In the last moth we've had almost 250 car break-ins and this is a light month. The NOPD estimates that between 75-100 pistols are stolen out of cars every month, since only about half of car break-ins are reported.

To be completely honest, I do not know why I got this, I guess I figured since I already had a pistol for home protection, I might as well just get a CCP because here in Louisiana if you are a veteran it's free.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Shooting a bear? .45? Concealed carry? You know what I'm thinking, I'm thinking bunch of sofa experts. Bear is not always succeptible to 7.62, even the long machine gun round. If you miss, bear is going to kill you. You boys are talking about shooting a bear from a pistol. None of you ever went hunting. So, go for it, shoot a bear.

As far as concealed carry, with all those police shooting videos? Again, go for it. Go shoot a bear and carry a gun with you during traffic stops.

RickTheToad

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shooting a bear? .45? Concealed carry? You know what I'm thinking, I'm thinking bunch of sofa experts. Bear is not always succeptible to 7.62, even the long machine gun round. If you miss, bear is going to kill you. You boys are talking about shooting a bear from a pistol. None of you ever went hunting. So, go for it, shoot a bear.

As far as concealed carry, with all those police shooting videos? Again, go for it. Go shoot a bear and carry a gun with you during traffic stops.
Dude, you are so wrong I cannot even tell you. I used what I had on my person. Most people do not walk around with a shotgun. While open carry is technically legal in Connecticut, you will have cops swarming you really fast. I carry my sidearm when often and have told cops I am armed, but also show my concealed carry license, no issues. A .45 or .357 would stop a bear as well. You also forgot, some of us are military trained. Was I lucky? Lucky as f uck, but firing two magazines in Connecticut causes a lot of attention in Fairfield County. I honestly thought wow, I survived the bear, but the cops got me for firing a weapon on a public trail; which is a no no. What was I supposed to do? Let the bear attack and eat me? WTF? Some of the laws in the US are so stupid and backwards.

RickTheToad

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you are trained and legal, there shouldn't be an issue. You'd be surprised how just the outline of my side arm saved my ass on the East Side of Bridgeport, CT. It's a bad area.. It's like Bushwick in Brooklyn.. They shoot at cops sometimes.. Rare they shoot at EMS, but when they are high on crack or meth, anything is possible.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I carry i potent bottle of pepper spray in bear country. The thigh pistol is for first line of defense.

RickTheToad

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I carry i potent bottle of pepper spray in bear country. The thigh pistol is for first line of defense.
Good luck against a grizzly or black bear. Those 600 LBS bears are 6 ft tall and can run like 45 miles per hour. What is the range of pepper spray, 15 ft? Bears run and lunge, yea, you may get it, but you will get mauled by their large paws and fangs. It's quite the experience seeing a bear charge you. You cannot stare them down either; like a wild cat. When I am on trails, I always carry my side arm and an extra clip. Though, I may now buy a .357 or .45 mini just in case. My 9mm is a great gun, but if you are in the NY or CT country trails and a bear attacks, unless you fire in to the head, you're f ucked. Your body will naturally freeze in fear. Bear attack is scarier than being on tour. On tour, at least you have backup. With bears, nope.

Pepper spray results.

Atom Smasher

Reaction score

What makes you speculate that men who are trained in firearm usage are sofa experts?

Yes, if you miss, the bear is going to kill you (unless scared off by the sound which can happen). On my sofa I have determined that if I don't carry while hiking, the bear will most certainly kill me. Therefore, I would like to have the chance to protect myself and my fiance while out hiking.

Just last Summer I was standing in a park and a bear came out from nowhere, walked right past me about 30 yards away. I was lucky he was in a good mood.

There are plenty of cops who have no problem with law abiding, trained citizens carrying. And most of them show appreciation when you hand them your permit along with your license and reg. They often joke "OK, if you don't yours, I won't use mine", and decline to write a ticket because of your honesty. Of course that's not 100%, but my cop friends tell me it's what happens the majority of the time.

What are you going to do when you're out hiking and a bear charges you, @backseatjuan? Run away? Run up a tree? There's no escaping an angry bear. The only hope you have is a force multiplier.