Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

one broken date

mansizedvodkabottle

Reaction score
I have been dating Kelly for about 2 months, a date once a week, and she always accepts my dates and has been a great girl so far, and seems to like me..........

I talked to Kelly on Wedneday night, first time I called her after our last date on Saturday, I asked her to come over my place on sunday night to watch tv, HBO, she agreed and even said she wanted to model some new underwear her sister had bought her, and offered to call me before to see what I wanted to eat because she wanted to bring dinner over. She was a little surprised I asked her out for Sunday rather than Saturday, and said " I guess Ill hang out with the girls on Saturday night". That was me trying to be a tad hard to get.

Problem though was Sunday came around and she never called,which is not like her, I called her once and left a message " just wanted to make sure youre ok, call me" I distracted myself by going to a friends to watch the game. Well she finally called at midnight, and I didnt answer the phone, but she left a message......" Mike im sorry Im calling you so late, I didnt have your new cell #, which is true, I just got a new #, which she had no idea of the #, until I called her that same night at 8pm...... I ended up going to the beach, and we didnt leave until late saturday afternoon, and I am now back, plus my phone died...If youre mad please dont be mad.....Ill call you tommorow, or call me tonite if you can ...bye"

Now recieving this message kind of put me at ease....she was ok, and knew I didnt want to see her to late sunday night so she took the oppurtunity to go the beach on a whim......but my question is this.....I think I should still wait for her to call me again, am I right? and if she doesnt call, when should I call her......I know I should definately act cool though, getting mad over this, when we arent officially "together" can only be a bad thing...Ill simply ask how the beach was, and hope she had a good time...right?...she could have called my home # even though she didnt have my new cell if saturday she was pretty sure she wouldnt be back in town for our sunday tv date, the beach is about a 3 hour drive from Charlotte......what do you think?

one friend to play it cool like nothing ever happened another said to call her out on it since she could have called on my home # when she realized she wouldnt be back in time for the sunday date. Just to poiltely call her out on it and look for a reaction from her, whether she had a real apology etc....what do you think?

She never called Monday so I emailed her.....Kelly

So how was the beach? I meant to call you last night but I was out late. I am not mad at you but a little disappointed. You didnt have my new cell #, but you did have my home #. When you realized you wouldnt be back in time for Sunday, you should have called me. I could have gone to the beach too.

She hasnt repliedd, although I sent the email over 6 hours ago, to top that off I IMd her once today and no reply....I also left her a voicemail on her cell phone, acting as if nothing happened and asking her out for an awesome date this upcom,ing saturday.....up until today I guess i have played everything cool, and she has responded quite well with my aloofness, I know that one day of IMing her at work a few lines and one email with a few lines can not do me in...this girl is gorgeous and im sure gets bored easily but I am only human....and I am a very handsome guy myself, just seem to be attracted to this challenging girl....any help??? PLEASE!!!

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You should've played it much cooler than you did. You should've told her you're a little disappointed she didn't find a way to get in touch with you and that she has to make up for it. (you might get some action here)

I don't think it was a good idea you mentioning that you could've went to the beach.

Details are important in your ordeals but your verbal language should be more general unless details are required; i.e. lieing. If you want someone to believe your lie you better come up with some details about the story and become emotional if you were excited at the time. I don't want to corrupt you but you need some game.

Obviously this girl likes you. Don't let her too lose or she might get another bf on the side. Everytime you see her, do something that will remind her of why she goes out with you.

methodman

Reaction score
You need to calm down. I don't know whether you've scared her, but you've sure scared the crap out of me. Chasing girls is supposed to be fun. When you invest all your emotional welbeing in one girl you are burdening her with a huge and frightening responsibility. What you have is oneitis and its going to mess everything up for you if you don't get a grip. Sorry to come across as harsh, but its the truth.
If a girl doesnt call back, or stands you up, or plays one of the endless confusing games girls play, then you have to just play it off as if you don't care. You do that by ALWAYS having something better to do, or at least appearing as if you did. For your reading pleasure, here is an example:

Her: hi, so sorry I didn't call last night but bla...bla...bla...

You: What, oh right yeah you were supposed to call, it don't matter cos I was so wrapped up in bla...bla...bla... I forgot all about it.

This isn't just about showing her that you are a busy man, who she has to work hard to be noticed by, but also that if she is with you she can feel free to enjoy her life free from annoying boyfriend scrutiny. That kind of thing means a lot to girls. Sometimes they just want to be spontanious and don't want the hassle of having to check in every hour or two.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought you sadi you were going to play it cool...

So what happened?

You emailed, left a voice mail and IM'd her.

Fvck dude that overkill.

First fvck email and IM. Yourt a man now - you call and that's it.

Second - you should not of even mentioned the beach. What done is done. Move on and ask her out on a date again.

I would have called her back and said something like...

"Hi there XXXX, got your message. I missed you on Sunday - well I missed you modelling that underwear for me. I think we're going to have to reschedule that, since I had to take a cold shower last night... Anyway, hope you had a goos weekend - call me when you get time"

You don't want to be *****y about the whole thing.

You should desperate. That's never good.

mansizedvodkabottle

Reaction score
so at this point?

Is all I can do is wait for her to call now? After her voicemail apologizing about the ordeal, ive emailed her, called her and IMd her, all i can do is wait right?

Glenfiddich101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: so at this point?

Originally posted by mansizedvodkabottle
Is all I can do is wait for her to call now? After her voicemail apologizing about the ordeal, ive emailed her, called her and IMd her, all i can do is wait right?
Trust the guys on this one dude. They wont pull a fast one on ya. I know cos i'm going thru something similar to you. Only difference is mine is some highly flakey *****.

You already did what you could. No point pushing it further if she doesnt want to be contacted.

Always leave with your dignity intact.

I had to learn it the hard way.

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, back-off now and wait for her to get back in touch with you. If she does, be cool and don't demand a new date that night or right away, let her "suggest" in classic ******** fashion when you two will get together again.

On the good side, she mentioned that she has some new slinky outfits she wants to show you. Just think about that and the fact that she will show you when she's ready if you are cool about everything.

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like you got started off ok with her, but something backfired. once you fumble the ball, the females never give it back to you.

you need to get over the feeling sorry for yourself crying in my beer stuff and just leave it alone. so what if she is a nice looking woman. dont you see tons of em out there everyday?

if she calls back, tell her something totally off the wall. just be yourself and act as if you could care less.

when youre positive, people can sense this and would like to be part of your life. just act like she is missing out. YOU be the judge of whether or not she is in your life.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan

I would have called her back and said something like...

"Hi there XXXX, got your message. I missed you on Sunday - well I missed you modelling that underwear for me. I think we're going to have to reschedule that, since I had to take a cold shower last night... Anyway, hope you had a goos weekend - call me when you get time"
Nice. I agree..the beach thing and the incessant calling afterwards made things worse...even though...yes...she did stand him up. I would say, give it some space or else you'll always be really "clingy" and this girl doesn't sound like she wants the clingy type..at least not this early in the game.