Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

On the "Red Pill", disillusionment and total freedom. (Also, a question for Rollo.)

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EastWind said:
Part of my problem certainly stems from the fact that once I had read all of the "material", or rather, as the realizations set in, the feeling of "you have to change everything right now" set in. This, of course, stems from the fear of getting sucked in if things stay the way they are right now.

It's probable this will have to stew for a while. I already have a feeling of tremendous freedom, but I'm frustrated at being unable to do anything about it right now. I don't have the tools or the experience to see the ways I can change things.
What things do you intend to change? What you have now is "better" realization of the playing field. Your understanding of how "reality" works will always be improving.

Life boils down to three simple steps:

1) Choose what you want

2) Operate on "reality" in an attempt to achieve it

3) Learn from your results, adjust your skills and objectives accordingly, and continue

Unless you KNOW what you want, and can effectively and consistently GET IT, your new found "enlightenment" ain't worth squat.

Kind of like Mark Twain's famous quote:

Q: What's the difference between somebody who CAN'T read and somebody who DOESN'T read?

A: Nothing

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
Unless you KNOW what you want, and can effectively and consistently GET IT, your new found "enlightenment" ain't worth squat.
This is it right here.

The path is clear once you know where you want to go, and it gets an easier path to travel on the more you walk on it.

Taiyuu never ceases to amaze me with some of his words. Short and sweet. You can know how to play the game, you can have the knowledge of how to better yourself, but until you actually apply the principles, the knowledge is worthless.

I just apply to myself the motto of "Knowledge and experience by living". It's a long, slow process, but it's the best teacher of them all.

Senzoi

Don Juan
Reaction score
To Eastwind

To respond to your original post, Eastwind:

The key here is not to second-guess your newfound awareness. It comes from experience combined with the confirming statements of another who sees the world as it is, a way of verifying and helping to validate what you already knew but now accept as truth.

When you mentioned the awful realization that 99% of people who know and like you are only inspired by what they can gain from you, you need only ask yourself two questions:

1. How do you differ from those 99% in how you choose the people you include in your life? Is this a question of innate understanding, or intentional self-delusion? (this can help you determine whether you truly have been living differently, or whether or not your own decisions on based on that same thing)

2. Will the criteria you use to include people in your life change based on this new revelation you have accepted?

Whether or not, as some of our attached members suggested earlier, 'good' women exist is irrelevant. This does not require you to 'actively' search for the good 'gems' in the rough; if you continue to live your life as -you- see fit, and omit no one from being appraised by your newly-acquired BS-detector, then whoever fits that standard will fall through.

Anyone that asks you to abandon using that innate sense of understanding and awareness because they're 'special' may be doing you a favor by prematurely flagging their selfish intentions.

Do not be afraid to live alone if that is the result of respecting your inner genius. ;)

EastWind said:
So, after reading through the most prominent articles of Rollo's, Roissy's and some of Dalrock's, alongside this comment and this comment by Mark Minter, I've reached a point of depression and giddiness at the same time.

Their take on the female imperative, female behavior, marriage, relationships and everything else rings so true to me, it's unbelievable. I find it impossible that any guy could read these posts, then go back outside and compare what he sees and what he has experienced and is experiencing to what he has read and not see the truth in it. Maybe the reason this understanding comes naturally to me is because I've seen and experienced enough (emotional) pain at the hands of fellow humans to know for damn certain a human being is capable of just about anything given the right circumstances, and maybe it's because I've dabbled in this "game" and "manosphere" stuff for near to ten years now, ever since I was 15, so I am actually an example of someone who was, in a way, brought up with it.

And I see the divorce rate and the **** carousel riders and my friends who get knocked around by their girls and my colleague who announced he's going to be a daddy and he's so happy and, isn't life full of miracles, both methods of contraception they were using failed at the same time, what a coincidence, and he's an engineer who deals with fail rates, no less. So now he's going to be a daddy on a PhD salary because his girl will stay at home and, what do you know, the baby's due two months after she's getting her degree, another happy coincidence.

And I'm starting to wake up, not from the dream of happy equal relationships, I had forgotten that years ago, but from everything, and I realize:

The true red pill doesn't tell you, as a man, that women are sh1t-testing you, it makes you see that everything and everyone in your life and society is grooming you up to be a provider, to be someone who does work for other people's benefits, to give your money and LIFE for some cause that is not your own.

It's enough to seriously depress a man. This had been creeping up in the back of my head for some time now, Rollo and co. just had the words to give it a shape; that most of what we do is utterly pointless if we let go of trying to obtain women. Suddenly nothing matters much anymore.

I'm supposed to get a good education, a steady job, a comfortable apartment, for what? Other people tell me it's so I can take care of a family, but now the only reason for me to do so is for my security and convenience, I find myself planning out my life without a woman, with a comfortable minimum of expenditures and "furnitures" and a maximum of free time and enjoyable activities, with a job that provides me with enough cash to live, do the things I like and put some on the side in case I do get old.

But it's scary. It's ****ing scary, believe me. Suddenly the questions everybody is asking, here and in real life, i.e. "how can I get a girlfriend?", "how can I get laid?", "what will I do/what will become of my family if I lose my job?", they lose all their importance. I find myself wondering why I should have to head to some place everyday, whether I want to or not, whether it's interesting or not, when I could be doing more enjoyable things, and no matter how much you love your work, there's always more enjoyable things than work. My PhD topic is somewhat interesting, but I'm pissed off by the "office politics" going on at my institute, even though it's a bloody university, and you know what? If I leave, or am made to leave, it doesn't matter because I only have myself to take care of.

So a side effect of realizing that you will never find a woman who will be thankful for the sacrifices you make for her is utter and total freedom. And freedom is huge, and it's scary. And I can't handle it. I'm sticking with my position because, well, it's somewhat interesting, but mainly because I don't know what else to do. I've never been prepared for this, never been told that dreams can be reached, how to reach them.

And another thing is, and this is for you, Rollo, well, what about women now? I'm 25, I'm eligible, and every woman my age, even the nice, kind, beautiful, sweet, intelligent ones, who gives me serious attention creeps me out because I know what she's really after.

The Red Pill makes you see that the only people who love you for who you truly are is your parents, if you're lucky, and every other person in this world is going to expect something from an association with you, with women expecting your life for it. And this is why we cry so miserably when our parents die (I did when my mom died), it's the subconscious knowledge that no-one will love us like they did, be there for us like they were, without expecting anything in return, simply because it was us.

All my friends and family tell me, well, yes, bad things could happen to you, but you just have to find the RIGHT girl, and in my eyes all of them are insane. This isn't like having to take the right street in a peaceful German town or you'll get mugged, this is like walking around Johannesburg blindfolded.

I'm not trying to fight the concepts, I see their truth. But I can bloody well be disgusted at the way the world works.

So what about the "giddiness" I talked about up there? Well, feeling free makes you giddy. It makes you VERY giddy. The feeling that your life isn't planned out or that there's only one true possible path is positively exhilarating. But it's also extremely scary.