Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Omega 3 Supplements for Skin

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the past 2 weeks, I've been taking a 1700 mg fish oil Omega 3 supplement and my skin is looking better than it has in a LONG time. My face is no longer a mixture of oiliness and dryness. It's hydrated and it glows. I have keratosis pilaris (a condition that causes bumpy 'chicken skin' on the outer arms) and it has decreased MASSIVELY.

Not only are there less bumps but they are also a lot LESS RED. The combo of omega 3 and DHA (in most omega 3 supplements) acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.

I've also had bad body acne for a while and that too has decreased dramatically. I haven't even been using creams for the keratosis pilaris or acne wash for the acne. So you can rest assured that this isn't being caused by some outside factor. My diet is the same as well.

Frankly, I am AMAZED at the results. My skin actually looks good for once in my life and my body image is improving rapidly.

Research omega 3 oils. Also, keep in mind that I had been trying to get my Omega 3 acids from tuna before this, but the results I got weren't nearly as drastic as the results I got from using the supplement pills. All you need to do is take 2 pills a day after a meal and drink a full glass of water.

The brand I've been using is "Spring Valley." It says "Fish Oil" in big green letters and says "1700 mg per serving" and has "No Fishy Aftertaste" in red letters.

BEST THING I've used for my very problematic skin. My skin is no longer overly oily or dry. Ya know the "t-zone" where there's a lot of oil in between the eyebrows and the bridge of the nose? I've taken pics, and usually the camera flash would highlight the oil there, but I'm not oily anymore. Random red bumps have decreased. Acne has decreased dramatically. The Omega 3 has improved my KP WAY beyond what any topical has ever done. I also have blepharitis and my eyes haven't bothered me in a long time--they used to get overly dry.

Anybody have similar experiences with Omega 3 supplements? I only wish I would have found out about it earlier.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i'v been taking flaxseed oil (i think its a similar thing) with vitamen C and noticed similar results. My skins clearer now than it was when i was on antibiotics.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm happy for your results :D

Keep in mind that this is not a "cure" for acne or other skin problems, and more is not better. Your skin problems were the result of malnutrition, so the supplimenting with omega 3 brought you were you should be with your nutrition. You likely could achieve the same results by increasing your intake of fish or avocado.

Kinda like the fat people with type 2 diabetes searching for a drug to help with their "fat" gene. No such thing; you just need to eat less and exercise more and your diabetes will go away.

Macgyver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I take about 3000 mg (3 capsules of 1000mg) of fish oil per day, I too got the same results. Before I had super dry skin or crazy acne all over then when i started taking fish oil, I noticed my skin was 50-75% less dry and at least 50% less acne. Should I take more? Occasionaly I do 5000mg, I just know if I go over that my stomach starts feeling funny. I recommend fish oil be part of a daily "supplement" as well as multivitamin.

I previously used flax oil, but I did not notice any benefits that over fish oil, as well as flax oil costing 50-75% more than similar dosage of fish oil.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fish oil is typically slated at 4-6g per day.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's food, not really a suppliment; monounsaturated fat. Each gram (1000mg) is 9 calories. Just work it into your diet.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's interesting, Chili and Macguyver. It really is amazing how great my complexion has been these past few days.

Shiftkey, before I started taking the supplements, I had been making sure to eat at least 5 servings of tuna a week. It definitely helped, mainly with my eyes, but I think the supplements are giving me more Omega 3 than the tuna was, because the changes are more drastic.

Rovalier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Omega 3 does reduce Vitamin E. Make sure you get more Vitamin E into your diet, either by supplement of 200 mg or by food - that's what I hear at least.

Not sure about your brand, but ALSO make sure it is distilled, pharmaceutical grade, free of mercury and free of other toxics; this should be on the container.

I hear Cod Liver Oil is more potent, but in all honestly you are probably better off with Fish Oil, overdosing is really bad. Some people like to take Cod Oil in the winter and Fish in the summer. Has something to do with the sunlight catalyzing the creation of Vitamin D.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rovalier said:
Omega 3 does reduce Vitamin E. Make sure you get more Vitamin E into your diet, either by supplement of 200 mg or by food - that's what I hear at least.

Not sure about your brand, but ALSO make sure it is distilled, pharmaceutical grade, free of mercury and free of other toxics; this should be on the container.

I hear Cod Liver Oil is more potent, but in all honestly you are probably better off with Fish Oil, overdosing is really bad. Some people like to take Cod Oil in the winter and Fish in the summer. Has something to do with the sunlight catalyzing the creation of Vitamin D.
Hm, I didn't know that. Isn't Vitamin E also important for skin?

And yeah, the brand I'm using is free of mercury etc.

I'll research cod liver oil, thanks man.

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, hair, nails, skin etc.

I take Cod liver oil (525mg) a day. Works like magic. Also includes Vitamins A, E, D.

Nadian

Reaction score
I take Cavsor. It contains 3 types of omegas plus vitamin E which is a key factor for a healthy skin.