Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NYC vs. Los Angeles Girls

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am considering a move from LA to NYC, so I would like some info on the girls on the Right Coast. I already have an excellent idea bout the females' vibes out here on the Left Coast - outgoing, usually very 'sunshiney', a little vapid-sounding/looking (on the outside), relatively easy to cold-approach.

But how about the NYC girls? I would like some opinions, especially from those who are bi-coastal (i.e. travel between NYC and LA on the regular), or have at one point lived in both places, or have lived in one place, and are now living in the other [city].

Just feel free to list anything - attitudes, receptiveness to cold approaches, responses to running pattersn on them, the dating culture (differences), etc. etc. Go crazy.

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch Sex and the City sometime:p

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No Canadians allowed in this thread. Next. Unless you've lived in both LA or NYC at one point.

killerasp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the girls here are DEFINITLEY more secluded that girls from the west coast. I have many girl friends that i went to school with that were from cali, SOCAL to be exact. They are the most open and friendly group of people i have ever met. Compared to girls from the NYC area, its a total flip side. With all the weridos roaming the streets of NYC, i wouldnt blame them. But i guess once you get to know them, girls are all the same. But thats my experience with women from NYC. Im still getting used to meeting girls in REAL LIFE then compared to a university setting.

As far as dating culture goes, im loving it. From a guy that is just starting to date girls in a "real life" setting, outside of school, im just loving it. There is so freaking much to do in the city, and there are girls everywhere. Nothing gets me more than picking up girls in barnes and noble..dont ask me why...i just love it.

as for the comment on watching "sex in the city". i have to agree on it being an accurate portyal of "city women". City women are unlike any other girls (ex: surfer chicks). Watch some sex and city and youll understand how a city girl works.

Thats my 2 cents.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by killerasp
the girls here are DEFINITLEY more secluded that girls from the west coast. I have many girl friends that i went to school with that were from cali, SOCAL to be exact. They are the most open and friendly group of people i have ever met. Compared to girls from the NYC area, its a total flip side. With all the weridos roaming the streets of NYC, i wouldnt blame them. But i guess once you get to know them, girls are all the same. But thats my experience with women from NYC. Im still getting used to meeting girls in REAL LIFE then compared to a university setting.

Thats my 2 cents.

Thanks for the input, and congrats on your graduation. ;)

killerasp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you dont mind me asking...why are you planning to move to the east coast?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by killerasp
if you dont mind me asking...why are you planning to move to the east coast?

The lure of the city and the stagnation of my native environment - I've just been here too long. If the job situation pans out, then I will move there for a few years - who know, I might settle down there for good. Plus, I have more longtime friends there.

Black Bahindian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, the NYC girls don't have the shield up 24/7, they usually warm up pretty nicely after some rapport is involved. However, the cold-approach here is a bit more intimidating (especially in places like Times Square) because many of them are trrying to get to some destination and don't want to be bothered. I find it to be easier and less intimidating in approaches involving somewhat secluded areas such as parks, libraries, train stations, etc.

Good place to start: Union Square in Manhattan. Not only are there girls of all races here (not to mention plenty of bars and clubs) but the park in Union Square could be the stage for a number of approaches.

Plus, in the summer, the B-boys and breakdancers put on a show in the park, attracting a whole crowd of people, giving you even more opportunities to kick game.

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah NYC is a whole other wolf to kill compared to LA. The one thing i admire the most about NY girls and people in general is how few fat people you see on the streets compared to LA. i was in total shock.

mrbrooklyn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I spent my first 25 years living in NYC. I just moved out to LA 6 months ago.

Los Angeles:

The girls here seem a little bit more easy going and willing to give a guy a chance. It is not to hard to get numbers in the club, bar, book store what ever. Unfortunately there are a lot of flakes out here. You really have tight game and follow up quickly to have these girls remember you. They seem to be alot easier to lay the same night. Jake I know you are asian and I actually think that you have a better chance with non asian chicks out here than in NYC.

NYC:

I am brooklyn born and bread baby. Home of the crap pipe and dollar van. Where you can get the best chinese food, hot dogs or pizza at any hour of the night. As far as NY women are concerned I must say there are a lot of ugly women who think the are hot. Just go to some of these clubs and you will see what I am talking about. I personally think LA women are hotter. I have lived in the dirty south and the finest black women on the planet live in those states. Don't get me wrong NYC has A LOT of fine women. I mean it is the Fashion capital of the world. IF you go by NYU you will see some stunners. I might be kind of biased since I can't stand the Long Islanders and Jersey people that invade the sity on the weekends. These girls look good to, but they tend to stay in their guito group.

One thing you might like is that way more girls go to clubs than guys do out there. The clubs are like 60-40 girl to guy. The bars are diffantely meat markets. There are a lot of muscle heads in the bars so you better have your best AMOG routines. These goons love to look tough in front of the girls so you should watch out. NY also has a lot of latin lovers running around. These guys are so corny but they do pretty well with the ladies.

There are hardly any blondes in NY. I was shocked when I first visited san diego. I walk into a bar and I felt like I entered an aryn convention. White NYer's are mostly italian, jewish and irish. Your best bet is with the italian girls. They are opened to getting gamed.

The spanish women in NYC are the best in teh world. I love the peurto ricans and dominicans. these girls are fine as hell. If you know how to dance you are in there. Dancing is key. They like to go to the spanish clubs and all they ever play is that stupid
music.

Unlike los angeles the brothers actually go for black women in NY so you see less black women with other groups. I really can't give you any advice on picking up black chicks because a lot only go for black guys.

I did not see nearly as many asian girls with white guys in NY as I see in Los angeles. I am not sure why, but I think you have a better chance of getting a hot asian chick in NYC. They live in large ethnic communities in queens and manhattan so there is more segregation.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mrbrooklyn
I spent my first 25 years living in NYC. I just moved out to LA 6 months ago.

Los Angeles:

The girls here seem a little bit more easy going and willing to give a guy a chance. It is not to hard to get numbers in the club, bar, book store what ever. Unfortunately there are a lot of flakes out here. You really have tight game and follow up quickly to have these girls remember you. They seem to be alot easier to lay the same night. Jake I know you are asian and I actually think that you have a better chance with non asian chicks out here than in NYC.

NYC:

I am brooklyn born and bread baby. Home of the crap pipe and dollar van. Where you can get the best chinese food, hot dogs or pizza at any hour of the night. As far as NY women are concerned I must say there are a lot of ugly women who think the are hot. Just go to some of these clubs and you will see what I am talking about. I personally think LA women are hotter. I have lived in the dirty south and the finest black women on the planet live in those states. Don't get me wrong NYC has A LOT of fine women. I mean it is the Fashion capital of the world. IF you go by NYU you will see some stunners. I might be kind of biased since I can't stand the Long Islanders and Jersey people that invade the sity on the weekends. These girls look good to, but they tend to stay in their guito group.

One thing you might like is that way more girls go to clubs than guys do out there. The clubs are like 60-40 girl to guy. The bars are diffantely meat markets. There are a lot of muscle heads in the bars so you better have your best AMOG routines. These goons love to look tough in front of the girls so you should watch out. NY also has a lot of latin lovers running around. These guys are so corny but they do pretty well with the ladies.

There are hardly any blondes in NY. I was shocked when I first visited san diego. I walk into a bar and I felt like I entered an aryn convention. White NYer's are mostly italian, jewish and irish. Your best bet is with the italian girls. They are opened to getting gamed.

The spanish women in NYC are the best in teh world. I love the peurto ricans and dominicans. these girls are fine as hell. If you know how to dance you are in there. Dancing is key. They like to go to the spanish clubs and all they ever play is that stupid
music.

Unlike los angeles the brothers actually go for black women in NY so you see less black women with other groups. I really can't give you any advice on picking up black chicks because a lot only go for black guys.

I did not see nearly as many asian girls with white guys in NY as I see in Los angeles. I am not sure why, but I think you have a better chance of getting a hot asian chick in NYC. They live in large ethnic communities in queens and manhattan so there is more segregation.

Hey, thanks for the useful insights man. :)

I totally know what you're talking about when you say there are a lot of ugly girls who think they're hot. I guess it's an issue of Supply and Demand huh? :D

I've also heard about thos NYC knuckleheads. What is it with the subculture in NYC, and all the muscleheads? Is it just a working-class tradition?

I've also gotta agree with the Latinas on the East Coast. :) Those Puericuas are *way* more attractive in general than Mexican chicks are, though I'm not sure why. Mmmmmm.

As for the Asian girls in LA - what makes you think that Asian men have trouble kickin' with their sisters? They don't. 90% of the Asian women who are native to LA are with Asian men - and some damn hot ones too. I have no trouble picking up Asian women in LA - except that Asian guys here (and probably in NYC too) have to generally operate thru all-Asian channels in order to land Asian women (many or perhaps even most of the Asian women in mixed, non All-Asian circuits may prefer other races of men, so the 'returns' are low).

I think I have an idea as to why you have this perception - you're probably always busy hanging out on the Westside of LA and Hollywood. That's understandable, as you're a non-Asian minority who hangs mostly with whites (I remember your saying that many of your crew are white dudes). It's where all the mainstream action happens, and that means 'white' with a generous smattering of non-whites (thank you, LA diversity!). In LA, you'll see minorities of all races hanging with whites or in 'white's neighborhoods', but almost never the other way around. You'll see Asians, Mexicans, blacks, etc. go into Santa Monica or Pasadena or the Hollywood Hills/Strip for a nice time, but you won't see any gringos go into East LA or San Gabriel (suburban Chinatown) at night. And no one goes to the black neighborhoods at all except poor Mexicans and blacks to who live there - it's too ****ed up, and frankly people are too afraid of the gang activity. It's pretty different from NYC where blacks and Latinos have a *strong* base for their nightlife where they rule the joint (mostly ethnic with smatterings of whites).

So basically, many of the Asians you will ever see in the area of LA where you hang out aren't the ones that prefer to hang with other Asians - they're the ones that are open to hanging with non-Asians and also open to dating them. This is why you will see so many Asian girls with whiteboys there - it's notorious as 'the Bangkok Asian wh0rehouse' amongst my friends. :D Lot's of (mostly average) Asian girls desperate to hook up with white men (sometimes black).

Btw as you probably know by now LA is probably one of the more segregated cities in the country - I think it has a lot to do with how the city is organized.

mrbrooklyn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually live in south pasadena. I don't really like old town pasadena. it is okay, but there is much more to do as you go west.

Yeah diversity sucks in this city. For some reason the clubs here are mostly white with a smattering of everything else. In NYC the hottest clubs are totally mixed with more minorities than whites. The only exception is the techno clubs where all the gay a$$ muscle heads go to do their stupid glow stick dances.

I have been to south LA once and I ddn't like it much. I have seen bad neighborhoods before, but NYC has nothing on LA when it comes to urban blight and gangs. I think the nuckle heads in NY are a little bit more level headed. My neighborhood back in the city was kind of rough, but nothing comapred to what I see out here. 10 years ago shootings were a common occurance in my neighborhood. Today we have young white couple in my building. Gentriifcation is good because the neighborhood gets better, but it also prices out the people who where there in the rough times. If you are thinking about moving to NYC seriously consider brooklyn. There are a lot of nice neighborhood unfortunatley the prices are not that much lower than manhattan.

The reason the east coast latina are fine is because the have the african and euro spansih mix. Dominicans, puerto ricans, cubans, brazilians. puerto ricans are the most open. The women are called "boricuas". Ricans and Blacks get along great. Unlike the mexicans and blacks out here. Mexicans have the spanish and native american mix. If you haven't notice most native americans don't look lke pok a hantus.

More about NY:

Crime isn't that bad.

NYPD aint that bad. I use to be in the military so I know a lot of cops. Most of them are just doing it for a pay check. They won't bother you if you don't act stupid. LAPD sucks. Full of robocop white boys who want to save the world.

The weather sucks. Cold in the winter, hot and muggy in the summer.

Jews run the city.

Irish run the fire department.

NY Post sucks.
Daily news is good.
NY Times is OK.

Everyone gets into the clubs. Unlike LA where they will pick the best looking people to go in, in NY if you are on line in time you will get in. All they want is your money.

In the winter the girls still wear short skirts and little tops.

If you want to pull girls for same night lays you might want to live near where you hang out. I found that girls (especially white girls) are not fond of going back to Brooklyn for the lay. Paying for hotels suck!

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
oh and one more important thing the Bronx is actually a nice and beautiful place. yes thats what i said. sure it has its gettho but its also has its beach front full of old white women walking little froo froo at 6 in the evening.

Pro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all pink on the inside, but if it's attitude you are wondering about then I can tell you what I think of NY girls because I spend a lot of time there. I don't live there, but I know it very well.

From what I have seen with the chicks in NY is that when it comes to cold approaches on the streets it is very hard. I have pretty much never had success at this.

The girls themselves once you get to know are definitely adequate, but how do you really say how are the girls on that coast etc.... Girls are going to be very different even up the street from where you currently are.

You can meet girls in establishments a lot easier and also once in a while the parks (they can be really nice).

In general though, you will have no problem adapting to these coastal puzzles.

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its all about Urban renewal here in the North East. Allot of whites are moving back into the the inner city and allot of poor miniorties are either being forced out (because if high increases in city taxes), moving to the "burbs", or either beating back down south.
I know in D.C.(though Iam from Maryland) a lot of the nieghborhoods that I use to go to to vist family friends use to be pure hell holes. Now when I ever I decide to stop in the city I (specially in NW) I see nothing but white people, walking the streets at night. The bad thing is all the rift raft that was kicked outta D.C. has(is) moved over into the suburbs of Maryland and Northern V.A. . lol