Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Number of plates

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a question for you. Right now I am spinning 3 plates and for now it is still manageable. However I have a strong prospect coming over for dinner this week to my place, and eventually that also might become a plate. But my question is, in your opinion what is the ideal number of plates to have at the same time in a way that it doesnt become almost like a part-time job to juggle them in your life?

Waiting for your feedback and tips on this.

Thank you

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
Zero. I refuse to use such a stupid analogy. It is psychopathic. Women aren't porcelain flat objects to eat food off of and they shatter if you drop them. When the dude came up with the analogy decades ago (1980's?) the focus was on the action of just simply dating more than one woman at once in a casual manner (opposite of Oneitis),...it wasn't about "turning the woman into something". The analogy has been co-opted by the psychopaths & sociopaths out there who just want to dehumanize, use and abuse the "objects".

If you are asking this question then you are missing the whole point. The point is to not get caught up in Oneitis. All it REALLY is,...is Casual Dating (as opposed to Exclusive Dating). So if you casually date a few women (and everyone knows what is happening and no one is being lied to),...You are then able to compare them together to figure out which one you want to narrow it down to,... and have a clear head doing it,... then mission accomplished.

It is usually not practical to do more than about 3. Women do it all the time, and always have, and it is usually around 2-3 guys that they give their attention to and they drop the bottom scoring ones pretty quick. The guy on the "bottom" might only get one or two dates and he is gone (then they come here and ask what happened).

Last edited:

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Am I going to fck they guy who chokes me and makes me cumm or the guy who whispers Shakespere to me while making love to me?"
That ain't a woman. That is a therapist's wet dream,...or the next guest on Fresh & Fit After Hours.

Capt Save-a-Hoe? Riiight. I forgot about binary thinking. If I don't stroke the narative on one extreme them I am clearly a proponet on the other extreme.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't spun plates or "multi dated" in over six years.......

three was the maximum. I would be able to keep two regular and the third spot was always random or transitioning......

then went into a LTR.

Since then it's not plating, just good old mode one and nothing more. That being said I have gone against the grain and being chatting to a female who is spending the summer with her parents at their beach house (I know I know). Is it because she could be a good potential prospect or because her parents have a nice beach house who knows.....

everything is fluid. Nothing is static.
Yeah, exactly this. 3 is manageable, yet annoying to deal with for a long period of time. I'm not a fvcking around sort of dude, I prefer LTRs if I can find a suitable woman. Spinning plates is only for the transition period, while looking for the best options.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly this. 3 is manageable, yet annoying to deal with for a long period of time. I'm not a fvcking around sort of dude, I prefer LTRs if I can find a suitable woman. Spinning plates is only for the transition period, while looking for the best options.
Yes, exactly. A transition period. A means to "get there". Not a goal in itself to achieve.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They love evil. And they get satisfaction from sneaking around getting pounded out
Sounds like society has been saved. Can't wait for the future
while nice guys like yourself see them as a princes bride. Lol
Nice guys like me? Give me a break. Think I'm new around here? Never read any of my posts before? While you are calling me this others are calling me the opposite. You might as well start calling Rollo Tomassi a "nice guy" because he says about woman, "We are better together than apart".

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. A transition period. A means to "get there". Not a goal in itself to achieve.
what if, like me, guys arent looking (at least at that moment) for a LTR?

Glassguy

Reaction score
2-3 is manageable. Add in new prospects when they come available and if one of the new ones show extreme interest, makes things easier and is hotter than your weak link, add her to the team and drop the weak one.

Just keep your rotation to the best 2-3 that service your needs and you like spending time with.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People have different definitions of "spinning plates."

I define it as a woman with whom you are having an ongoing sexual relationship, even if very intermittent.

Any more than two "plates" offers diminishing returns in terms of your own sexual gratification and ego validation. It becomes a drain on your time, energy, and money. After the age of about 35, the desire to "spin lots of plates" declines along with your libido and appetite for women's bullsh!t.

I also don't have the emotional reserve to have romantic feelings for more than one woman.

Hence, I prefer spinning one plate at a time.

However, if "spinning plates" is loosely defined as dating, with or without an active sexual element, I would say 2 tops, really, before you simply replace those prospects with new ones, rather than add more.

So to answer your question: two. The number is two plates.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say two, max three, anything more costs to much time and energy, having said that, I usually see one girl at a time.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what if, like me, guys arent looking (at least at that moment) for a LTR?
Then don't worry about it. It gets kind of irrelevant. But more than 2-3 at a time becomes impractical.

My "psycho" comments has roots in my other exposure around the Internet to what people do & say with the "Spinning Plates" analogy. So it goes beyond what is just said here. I think I could write a "Curious George" book on it subtitled "MGTOW Buys a Condom".

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then don't worry about it. It gets kind of irrelevant. But more than 2-3 at a time becomes impractical.

My "psycho" comments has roots in my other exposure around the Internet to what people do & say with the "Spinning Plates" analogy. So it goes beyond what is just said here. I think I could write a "Curious George" book on it subtitled "MGTOW Buys a Condom".
thanks for the advice, and also from the others. Yes, it does seem also to me that more than 3 is just too much