Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Not a Game's BOOT CAMP X

Not a Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wsup everybody and welcome to my Boot Camp X.

You're probably wondering a couple of things...
1. Who the **** are you?
2. What's Boot Camp X?

Well, let me address these questions.

DISCLAIMER: This thread is intended to be a personal journal to chart my progress, and to hopefully provide motivation for others to change their lives. Although entries in this Boot Camp X won't be long, this introduction might be quite lengthy. I'll try to keep it as concise as possible.

WHO THE **** ARE YOU ALREADY?
Alright already, shiet! I'm Not a Game. I've been lurking around these boards for quite a while. I had a different screen name, but it was similar to another dude's name, so I changed.

My status is RAFC (Recovering AFC). I'm somewhere between there and a DJ. I have the potential to become a DJ (as does any and everyone I believe) but have a good amount of self-improvement to do. I have read a lot from these boards and learned a lot, but my weekness lies in lack of DOING. Hence, the Boot Camp X.

I'm 23 and live in the Bay Area. I recently graduated college and moved back home w/ the parents (ALRIGHT! :mad: ). I've had 4 gf's (2 long term and 2 short term), and have had fukked 7 girls (the 4 gf's and 3 ONS). 2 of my gf's were HB's, the other 2 were decent looking. All 3 of the ONS were decent looking but nothing great.

Good Qualities
Looks
I'm a pretty good looking guy, a 7.5 - 8. Let's break this down.
Face
-No major acne.
-Nice eyes (girls say my best feature)
-Good face structure, good jawline, good cheeks
-Great smile, good teeth
-Clean buzzcut hair style. Fits me well.
Body
-About 5'11 - 6'
-Naturally muscular body. Good chest, shoulders, basically good upper body.
-Great, confident posture.
Clothes
-A couple of really nice shirts that fit me well.
-A couple of trendy jeans.
-Good sense of style.
-A few cool accessories. Leather bracelet, earrings, rings, chain.

Social Skills
-Have a smooth, sexy voice.
-Can be pretty funny. Humor comes a bit easy for me.
-Can dance well, and not TOO shy to approach chicks on the dance floor.
-Have a few good friends that I can go out with.

Car
-Black Bimma

Internal
-Have a strong desire to reach my potential. A stronger desire than anyone else I know of, aside from ppl on this board.
-Read materials daily to improve myself. (Bible, DJ Bible, DJ Tips, Psychocybernetics, The Feeling Good Handbook)
-Stronger and stronger mentally each day.

Life
-Have a college degree from a good university.
-Have a well paying job in SF with a lot of room to grow.
-Going to go to law school next year, currently studying for LSATs.
-Have some great friends.
-Found a great church in the Bay, which was a struggle for a while.
-Doing a lot of self improvement and working out fairly consistently.

Bad Qualities
Looks
Face
-Have some small acne and some discoloration from past acne problems.
-Some fat on face that could be lost to overall weight loss.
-Hair might be thinning a little, will have to hit up some Propecia.
Body
-Need to lose some fat. Problem area lies in thighs and waist. Got a sixpack that I know is ready to come out!
-Need to gain some muscle on the upper body to really stand out (Get the .7 waist to upper body ratio going)
Clothes
-Definitely could use some better clothes.
-Need a few more shirts that are more tailored for my body.
-Pants, shoes, definitely a lot of work to do, and money to spend!

Social Skills
-BIGGEST PROBLEM
-Eye contact, humor, smiling, confidence, fun demeanor. I need help in all of it. I've spent so much of my time working on my looks but very little on my social skills. Although I've had some moderate success, I know that my lack of social skills is what is holding me back from a much better life. Lack of social skills are my WEAKEST LINK.

Car
-Needs to be serviced before I **** with the outside.
-Outside needs rims, lowered, tinted, paint, spoiler.
-Inside needs system.

Internal
-Suffer from some depression due to self-esteem issues. I thought self-esteem was some elementary school bull**** concept that didn't really exist, but it is VERY real and must be dealt with. I've sought counseling and have taken measures to help, bought some of the best books I could find, but I have much work to do. I'm hoping the Boot Camp X will boost my self-esteem.
-Even though I have a large drive and big vision, I need to keep more consistent with my self-improvement.

Life
-Could definitely use a better relationship with God and my family. Relationships right now aren't too supportive or intimate.
-Need to move out and get my own bachelor pad.
-Got a LOT of LSAT studying to do in two months.
-Need to work out more consistently.

So that's a summation of me. Well, as good of a summation I could make off the top of my head right now. It gives me (us :) ) a good starting point to improve from.

SO WHAT'S BOOT CAMP X?
Allow me a minute of your time to tell you a quick story.

I've been pretty hardcore into self-improvement for about a month now. I've been very into becoming as good looking as possible, concerned about working out and my diet.

But then something happened...

A friend of mine took me to this great church in the Bay Area. The location is great and the church itself is beautiful. The staff is very motivated and does a great job at services.

My friend introduced me to some people he knew, a married couple. I shook their hands, then I buckled up with anxiety. I could barely get a word out and made the situation weird, when it should have been friendly. I felt embarassed for being so shy.

Then it hit me, although I have plenty of areas in my life that need work, my socials skills are REALLY lagging. And we all know the strongest quality a DJ has is strong social skills.

I knew I had to quit reading posts on this board and books from Barnes and Noble and actually go out there and change myself. It would be the only way I could reach my goals.

BOOT CAMP X
A DJ doesn't just improve one area in his life, he improve all important areas.

Boot Camp X is a modification of the original Boot Camp, personalized for me. The original Boot Camp will be a subset of what I'm going to be doing for the next 2-3 months.

My personal Boot Camp X consists of
-Social/mental improvement from the Boot Camp and some DJB and DJ Tips posts
-Physical improvement from DIESEL'S Guide to Cutting Up and acne medication
-Emotional/mental improvement from Psychocybernetics and The Feeling Good Handbook
-Spiritual improvement from religion.
-Also I am studying for LSATS.

I know not everyone here is religious and that's fine. I hope that we can all be respectful.

So, Not a Game's Boot Camp X in detail is:
-The original Boot Camp
-Weightlifting 4 days a week
-Cardio 3 days a week
-Eating 6 times a day
-Weekly church services
-Bible reading 15-30 min a day (on the way to work)
-Psychocybernetics 15-30 min a day
-Feeling Good Handbook 15 min a day
-LSAT studying 30-45 min a day.

So there you have it. It's going to be a lot of work I know. I'm sure some might doubt it's even possible. This past week I've been doing most of these activities each day, so it is possible. You just have to work hard and work smart.

Going to the club tonight. First post is tomorrow.

Not a Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
That sucked...

Last night I went to a club. Man it ****in sucked.

My boy took me to some ghetto club, which I usually like because the girls are hoes. Most of the girls at this club were large and in charge though, only a couple of HB's.

Either way, I couldn't get any girls to dance with me, got all rejections. I tried like maybe 4 girls and all weren't into me. It left me feeling real depressed because I usually can bat over .500. I was pathetic last night.

I really didn't get what the deal was. I was better dressed than all the guys there, and better looking than most of them. Either they didn't like me because I wasn't ghetto enough, or my nervousness shined through. I think it was probably the latter.

I tried talking to one chick too. She was formal but wasn't really feeling me. My nervousness and lack of confidence shined through once again.

I wasn't confident enough to approach these girls, and when I did it was, as Pook calls it, blitzkreig. Man, my lack of skills in social setting really ****ed me over, and my lack of action left me feeling hella depressed last night. Feel like things are hopeless.

However, I am still determined to change. I'll learn whatever I have to, do whatever I have to.

Today I got up and hit the gym and lifted. After thinking of my failures last night, I had an intense desire to have a great workout. This intense desire really worked, as I had one of the best workouts I've had in weeks. In Psychocybernetics the author speaks of using your mind to achieve success. To get what you want, you must have an intense desire to want it, and you must able to use your imagination to picture it. It really worked today.

Went to church today which really helped. I learn that if you want God to do things in your life, you must have faith, not doubts. I'm going to work on that. There are several characters in the Bible that had periods of turmoil before God did great things in their life. I think that He's doing the same in mine. A period of turmoil where I'm going to have to grow, and then the success will come.

After that we had a college-aged group meeting. My first time there. I tried to be more social and smile a lot. It really helped and I met a bunch of cool people. Struck up a good conversation with one of the girls. But then again it's church and all the people are real nice to you so it's not an accurate gage of how I can do with women.

I'm going to read from the first chapter of Boot Camp tonight before I sleep and pray. After I finish the Boot Camp chapter, I'll do the exercises, which should be in a day or two.

Gotta improve, gotta improve, gotta improve.

This is not a game.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good form, keep it up.

Not a Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 2

Wow, great to get some encouragement from Walden, the Boot Camp King.

Today was a crazy day. Not much happened on the outside, but on the inside sh*t went down!

I was working out during my lunch hour (which is what I do Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and I was determined to have the best workout possible.

Then all of a sudden I started having some depressing thoughts that kept me from performing at my peak. Then I was like **** it. I'm not going to let this depression ruin my life.

What I did the rest of the day was keep moving and keep doing things to keep myself busy so that I wouldn't be budged by this depression. At work I worked extra hard. In the morning my desk was piled with papers. After a couple of hours of work my desk was empty and I was left with nothing much to do.

But I didn't want to dwell in my thoughts, so I started reading from the Boot Camp. I read 4 of the 7 Week One articles. I also read from Psychocybernetics.

I was in such concentration that all of a sudden it was time to go. I read Psychocybernetics in the bus ride home to keep from being alone with my thoughts. When I got to my car at the bus stop, I immediately went to Costco and bought all the food I needed for the week. Went home and didn't let myself stand around, I immediately prepared 10 meals for the week. Then immediately showered and put on my acne medication. Then immediately studied for my LSATs. Then immediately did my Psychocybernetics exercises.

I won't stop, I can't stop.

Recap for today:
-Worked 8 hours
-Ate 5 meals: Two turkey sandwiches, two protein shakes, dinner was meat and potatoes and carrots.
-Worked out at lunch time, did back and forearms.
-Cooked food for the week, 10 chicken bowls w/ rice and vegetables.
-Studied for my LSATs.
-Did Psychocybernetics exercise.

The Psychocybernetics exercise was 30 minutes of vividly imagining yourself being the person you want to be. It was hard to do since I don't usually use my imagination too often, but there were times when my body twitched while I was imagining, as if I was really in the situation. Apparently if you can imagine in enough detail, your body won't know the difference. Pretty crazy.

I'm going to finish up doing the reading material in the next day or two, then do the field exercises.

Tomorrow I'm going to:
-Kick ass at work
-Study my LSAT material
-Do 20 min HIIT cardio
-Read the Bible
-Do my Psychocybernetic exercise again.
-Eat 6 protein rich meals
-Finish reading Week 1 material.

And I have no doubt I'm going to do it all. I have no choice, I'm in Boot Camp.

Not a Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
Recap for yesterday, Week 1 Day 3

-Finished reading Boot Camp Week 1 articles
-Ate 4 meals (forgot meals at home, had junk food for breakfast and lunch)
-HIIT Cardio after work
-Half hour LSAT studying
-Half hour self-therapy

Not a Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 Day 4

RECAP
-Went over Boot Camp articles again w/ hi-liter to drive home main points.
-Ate 6 meals (Remember food this time. Haha. 2 turkey sandwiches, 2 chicken bowls w/ rice and veggies, 2 protein shakes)
-Chest workout during lunch hour
-Half hour LSAT studying
-Half hour self-therapy
-15 min PsychoCybernetics
-Acne medication

RESULTS SO FAR
-The Boot Camp articles are good. The "Be a Man" and "Kill That Desperation" by Pook are the ****, and I've been paying close attention to them more than anything else. "Lazy = Masterbation" is good too. Feel like I'm ready to go out.
-Body is starting to look good. Real good definition on my arms, chest, and shoulders. Mid section needs work, which will from from ab exercises and losing more fat from HIIT cardio.
-Eating my meals used to be SO DAMN HARD. Now it's becoming a lot easier to eat all 6 meals. I'm so busy with all this other stuff, I hardly think about junk food.
-LSAT studying is going good and improving as expected.
-Skin is looking WAY better from the acne.org regimen I'm using. It's only been less than a week and acne has decreased a lot and skin is looking less discolored and healthy looking.
-I decided to cut out the self-therapy from my regimen. I need the time to devote to LSAT studying and Psychocybernetics, which is yielding more results. The self-therapy takes a lot of work before you start seeing results, and Psychocybernetics makes me feel better quicker, and the results it promises are more of what I want.

TOMORROW
-Finish up hi-liting Boot Camp articles
-Kick ass at work and become supervisor :)))
-HIIT Cardio/Ab Workout after work
-1 hr LSAT studying
-Half hour Psychocybernetics exercise
-2 chapters Bible
-Pray
-Acne medication

Will do Boot Camp exercises starting Saturday

-Peace

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
when you say skills you didnt mention anything about any real skills. Dont you have any bow staff skills, or computer hacking skills. Chicks only like guys with skills. ;) :D

Napoleon dynomite is a great moive :D

Good luck btw

Not a Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
You think anyone's gonna want a roundhouse kick to the head while I'm wearing THESE BAD BOYS!!

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Not a Game
You think anyone's gonna want a roundhouse kick to the head while I'm wearing THESE BAD BOYS!!

HAHAHA thats one of the best lines in the movie

Not a Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
TODAY
-Went over Boot Camp Week 1 articles in depth with hi-liter.
-Read A LOT of Psychocybernetics
-Ate 6 meals (2 chicken bowls, 2 sandwiches, 2 shakes, also 2 creatine)
-Drank about a gallon of water
-Did 20 min HIIT cardio
-Did abs exercises
-Did 30 min Psychocybernetics visualization exercise.

COMMENTS
-This has been the longest week of my life. It has also been the loneliest with all this self improvement. My days consist of working, working out, eating, LSAT studying, Psychocybernetics, and Boot Camp reading. Anyone else ever been very alone while doing all this self-improvement, while the rest of the world is socializing? It's not fun, but I guess it's necessary.
-I read too much today. My entire day at work was work and reading. I read during both my breaks and during my entire lunch hour. I also read during working hours cuz my supervisor left early. My eyes are sunken in.
-Since my eyes are so tired, I didn't study LSATs. I gotta adjust how much I study. Right now I might be TOO driven.
-The 30 min visualization exercise is where you imagine for 30 minutes the type of person you want to be. If you're shy and you want to be more social, you imagine yourself talking to people w/ ease. You imagine in as vivid detail as possible being the person you want to be. Today's session was incredible. There were times when I felt like I was in a dream, forgetting that I'm doing an imagination exercise. I want to keep this up for 21 days.
-Boot Camp exercises will begin Saturday. I wanted to do it tomorrow but I have to work out after work and after that go to my cousin wrestle.

TOMORROW
-Work
-Workout during lunch hour (arms), and after work (shoulders)
-30 min Psychocybernetics
-Eat 6 meals
-Prepare for exercises

This is a lonely, lonely road right now. Hopefully the calm before the storm.

KOSR

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just want to point this out incase it ever becomes a problem, i'm not sure it holds or will hold relevancy to you.

You cannot rely solely on cognitive-psychology for self-improvement.

NLP is poison for someone who have emotional baggage from his childhood. Some people cannot think themselfs healthy, no matter what the self-help branch preaches, it's a business after all.

David D'Angelo, for example, rely's only on cognitive psychology for improvement, that was initially poison for me.

Some people look like social butterfly's, and have succesfull jobs, yet they are utterly unhappy. Just boosting oneself with cognitive self-help all their life will lead some people in that direction.

christz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Microphone Fiend
i think u r taking too long 2 actually start the BC
i'm going to agree with this, start now, anything you faulter on you can improve on.

you need to just go out there and do it

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As for NLP being poison - I totally agree. I've seen it happen on more than one occasion.

The majority of my friends has a moderate to serious emotional or psychological problem. Several of them have tried fixing it through NLP. The only thing that that did for them, was give them tricks that felt like they worked, but didn't really do anything.

If you want to change, do this from the heart. Change doesn't come from someone else. The solution to your problems is not obtainable in the form of a pill.
Like with almost all things about your own life, you are the person that has the wisest answers. Not some David DeAngelo, not Tony Robbins, you!

If you have problems, deal with them! That is what will make you strong!
If you cannot solve the problems, ignore them immediatly!
I have come up with this nice way of putting it:
Problems are like pimples. The more you push and scratch and mess around with them, the bigger they will become. The best thing to do, is to just leave them ALL behind you and move on. Sometimes it's wiser to pinch them in whole, but that usually just creates more pimples (or problems)!
It's like people that go to a psychiater and expect to be healed. The psychiater can only give you very vague pointers as to what is wrong with you - the healing has to begin from within yourself!

Not a Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm back

Sorry about not doing much work on this Boot Camp. I was feeling some serious depression a few days ago and it took a lot of work to get back to normal.

I did meet a few women, I'll talk about those experiences in a minute. First, I'm going to address my mental state.

You guys on this board are right. It is better to do proper therapy on what your thoughts are as opposed to hypnosis or NLP. I started doing cognative therapy, which is basically viewing your negative thoughts are looking at how they are truly distorted. From there, you replace them with true, positive thoughts. It really works and these exercises have been making me feel better and more alive.

So, I slowed down and did some therapy, and feel like I'm on the track back.

So, I am going to do the Boot Camp now. And to prove to you all I'm not bull****ting, I'm doing the first exercise tonight.

TONIGHT!!!

So, let me talk about the women I've been dealing with in the past few days.

Not a Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday

My boy at work told me of this one chick who wanted to have lunch with us. She's pretty cute (about a 7.5 imo). Furthermore, she's got a pretty cool personality.

I was gonna go work out for lunch hour, but I was like **** it, I need to meet some females bad.

We went to lunch and I was smiling and pretty confident. I tried to dominate the conversation, and it worked pretty good. She was looking at me a lot.

At one point, I hit her with some C&F and she walked side by side with me and flirted with me a bit. It was pretty dope.

After that, she emailed my boy and told him that we should all meet up for drinks after work.

We all met up at a cool bar in the city, she brought some friends. So, there were like 3 guys and 4 girls. One of her friends was a hot HB 8.5. She was giving me some good EC for a while. Of course I reciprocated.

I talked with her for a bit, but she indicated she had a BF ( MOTHER ****ER! ). Oh well, I ain't looking for love, just trying to become more social.

The other girls were aight. One of them I known for years. One was married. The other one wasn't all that at all. So whatever. It gave me motivation to go to the club that night...

Not a Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
At the club

I went to my old college town to see one of my old fraternity boys. He seemed to be the only one of all my friends doing something that night. I was really feeling some hard depression, and I just needed to get out of the house. So I didn't mind driving 1.5 hours to have a decent time.

I got to the club and met up with a lot of my old fraternity bros. It was nice to be in a group. Everyone was showing much love (no not like that you pervs). Got a few cheap drinks and went out to meet the ladies.

One chick was giving me serious eye. She wasn't that hot though, like a 6, but I could tell she was a slut. I figure I'd hit her up later on if things didn't go well.

After a while I got to grinding with this chick who was a 7. She seemed to be feeling me so I tried to use the Gunwitch method and isolate. Things were going good...
-We moved away from her friends
-We sat down at a table by ourselves away from everyone
-We started talking about everyday stuff

Then I tried to get more sexual. I used more kino and got closer.

Then all of a sudden she was turned off! She looked like she was uncomfortable and said it was nice meeting me and went back to her friends.

I've used Gunwitch method in the past, and although it never got me laid, I at least made out with the chick. I think I came off not too excited (tired from work and 1.5 hr drive), and it just didn't work at good as it used to.

Later on I danced with the chick who was eyeing me from before, but I wasn't feeling it and walked away.

Not a Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
Saturday

Saturday I was online and saw a chick who used to like me come online.

I IMed her. She used to like me when I was 20 and she was 17 or so. Now she's 21, so I wondered what she looked like.

She sent me some pics and DAMN. She looks pretty damn good. I knew by the way we were talking that she still dug me. So, we exchanged numbers and talked on the phone. She said she was down to kick it this weekend.

I'm all for meeting up with this chick, except for two things
-She likes me as in like a boyfriend, not as like she wants to **** me (and I'm not looking for a gf at all right now)
-Even though she's older now, she still comes off like the 17 year old chick I used to know.

Oh well, if I have nothing to do this weekend I'll meet up with her and see how it goes. Maybe we'll get drunk and ****.

Not a Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm off!

Well, I'm off to do exercise 1 of the Boot Camp, which is an eye contact exercise. Wish me luck.

I'll update when I get back home. Peace