Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NoSoda Challenge

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, I have a soda addiction. I drink a particular flavor like people smoke cigarettes. I have decided tonight that in my effort to prepare for walking shirtless at the beach this summer and going forward, I am immediately ceasing all soda consumption. Water and coffee will be my only beverages from this point forward. I will be posting updates here on how I'm doing with this on occasion.

I will also post any possible benefits I might experience.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to drink a lot of Coke. I quit drinking anything with any kind of sweeteners in it over 10 years ago. Nowadays if I drink soda I usually feel sick to some extent. Sprite is especially bad.

spend a little extra to get good coffee now that you'll be able to taste it

f(x)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My current beverage rotation:

Seltzer water w/ frozen fruit instead of ice

Iced green tea
(make sure the bags are paper as a lot of them have plastic components these days)
w/ lemon and stevia

w/ a cheat meal:
The occasional 0 calorie soda
The occasional beer

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(This is not in reply to espi above. I just saw his mention of an occasional soda)
Switching to diet soda somehow makes people fatter. You also still get kidney stones from the caramel coloring if it is cola.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(This is not in reply to espi above. I just saw his mention of an occasional soda)
Switching to diet soda somehow makes people fatter. You also still get kidney stones from the caramel coloring if it is cola.
I'd rather drink tap water than diet soda

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1
Had a coffee to kick off the day. Drank water throughout the day. Had unsweet tea with my supper. No soda

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd rather drink tap water than diet soda
I was going to say, I don't drink sugary sodas or diet soda. But I do drink soda that has no sweetener whatsoever. Club soda, and there are also sodas with mild fruit flavors but no sugar like Klarbrunn, as mentioned above. I guess I just enjoy effervescent drinks...it's water, but more festive.

I do on occasion enjoy a Coca-Cola or a San Pellegrino. Gotta live a little. But it's once in a blue moon.

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For the guys who knows a bit more about it, is there any problem to drink Zero Sugar Sodas? I still hear a lot of things that it's not good if you're fasting, and that appearently there are some components there that can be transformed into sugar by your body, but I don't know about it for sure.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the guys who knows a bit more about it, is there any problem to drink Zero Sugar Sodas? I still hear a lot of things that it's not good if you're fasting, and that appearently there are some components there that can be transformed into sugar by your body, but I don't know about it for sure.
The acid isn't good for your teeth.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also like sodas. Over the past couple of weeks, I no longer drink Coke (judging by their new 'image'... I'm apparently "too white" for them).

I've now switched to the original Pepsi (with actual cane sugar and not corn syrup). You'll be amazed at how quickly you'll lose pounds. I need to drop about 10 or 15 lbs and in the past week or so, I've dropped four.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best drinks I like making are ice tea. Basically you take tea, seep it in hot water, quadruple the bags to make it ultra-strong then put a bunch of ice cubs on it and sweeten it with stevia liquid. Also make all sorts of teas by going to this site called Dave's Tea:

I used to go on Teavana but they went out of business back in 2018 and there is nothing like a tea adventure because it gives you more of a taste range then you can get with soft drinks, a much richer flavour and they are way more healthier too.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 7
Still no soda. Been drinking good amounts of water. Occasional coffee or unsweet tea. Switched from putting creamer and sugar in coffee to simply drinking it without anything added. Medium Roast Kroger brand was actually okay.

Been to the gym 3 times.
I have started tracking some tape measurements. Important one for me will be tracking my belly/waist. Also tracking weight.

Giving Noom a try. Should be interesting. I want to establish healthy eating habits that will last.

Note for the forum:
I'm not overweight, but I was heading that way. I'm certainly not fit.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will lose weight just by cutting out the calories you were ingesting from all those daily sodas (unless they were all zero calorie sodas). If they were caloric that cut from your intake will add up and you’ll see it reflected on the scale and in how your clothes fit. Good for you for sticking with it.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 17
Still not one soda. Worst thing I've had to drink was a starbucks energy drink once. Been drinking my coffee black. I have one cup in the morning, then usually water the rest of the day. Some protein shakes to supplement my protein intake.

I've continued to log my meals on noom and have been consistent on coming in under my calorie goal.

Been fairly consistent on working out. Doing a mix of free weights, machine weights, and body weight.

So far I've lost about one and a half inches off my belly and 5 lbs.

Feeling really good.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink black coffee, distilled water, and flavored carbonated water like bubly or lacroix. I found it was the carbonation that I was craving not the sweetness of soda. If you do crave a soda type sweet carbonated beverage, you could always add a sugar replacement sweetener like swerve. It doesn't affect your insulin levels or teeth. I usually add it to gin and bubly for a gin and tonic type drink.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Important note: i've been getting less headaches since I stopped drinking soda.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im in vacation in the Philippines and everyone out here drinks soda man. So I don't think I can pull off a soda fast just yet.

I just had one of those powdered nestea drinks this afternoon It was pretty good, reminds me of my childhood. I'll burn this off during a jog, walk or bike ride or something.