Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need your help gentlemen

Sweet Angel

Reaction score
Hi Gentlemen,
I figured what better place to get this advice then from the masters. :)

I'm 28 my b/f is 36. We hit the 6 month mark next week. I called off a 4 year relationship/engagement before this one, so it has been awhile since I've hit these milestones in a relationship.

My question is, at the age of 36 does the 6 month mark mean anything to you guys?

Besides phenomenal sex that night...which is given, any suggestions?

I just don't want to make a big deal about it if he could care less, if you know what I mean?!

I appreciate your input!

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It means alot.

I mean you never know. If the guy is a commitment phobe maybe not.

Has he dated people for a while in the past?

Congrats and best wishes.

I'm a bit down because a great relationship appears to be going down the drain. Actually I'm downright bitter.

I don't mind meeting new people and all that crap, I'm just tired of relationships failing

I came out of a 3 year relationship last fall. I dated a rebound party girl and dumped her when she became a total *****.

THen I met a girl that I feel stronger feelings for than any other, UNTIL NOW>

Lately it has been going downhill and I have a real bad feeling.

I am pissed.

But guess what I'll recover.

Good luck to you. It sounds like you two are doing well. Do you have a sister?

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In fact if a guy is 36, he may be looking more to settle down.

I'm 31 and I have to admit I want to settle down. I'm sure thats part of what is clouding my judgment with my current gf. If she is my gf anymore.

Ugggh. It is a long story, i just hope it works out. Otherwise it's back to the starting board. Maybe it needs to be.

Sweet Angel

Reaction score
Actually he is divorced. A few years later he got engaged again to a different woman and had to call it off. He had a few flings in between and it seems that I have been only one to stick around since then. First one in a while to meet the family etc. So I am confident that things are headed in the right direction. I sense he is ready to settle down too.

I guess my question is, guys expectations at the 6 month mark.

What would just blow you away that she did for you on that day?

Anything come to mind....of course besides the obvious night of incredible sex. We already do that all the time. ;)

Don't give up, your angel is out there too! She'll show up when you least expect it.

gmonster2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally the 6 month mark would mean nothing to me. You sense things are headed in the right direction? what to marriage?

Hes already been divorced once , so second time marriages u got about a 65% chance of divorcing again.

Instead of putting such a big deal/emphasis on heading in the right directions and 6 month marks , how about you're having a great time together now , keep doing that and forget about the fairytale expectations.

Sweet Angel

Reaction score
Honestly 6 month mark really doesn't affect me either way. It's not like I will pout if he didn't recognize that date.

I know where things stand with us. We both just called off engagements and marriage is the furthest thing from either of our minds. We are just having a blast right now.

No fairy tale expectation. Just curious on an older man's perspective on dating milestones...that's all. He has told me he is ready to settle down. No question there. I just wanted a better feel for what milestones to put more emphasis on.

I appreciate the feedback :)

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more experience a man has with longer term relations..the less the 'little milestones' probably mean to him.

The six month isn't much of anything for a guy that has been married before for years. If he has been out of the game for sometime, he may recognize it, but not necessarily party it up.

IMO, you both sound like you guys want the same thing...no pushng, no rushing into anything.

EVERY GUY, regardless of age, KNOWS the YEAR milestones. And, will celebrate and reflect usually per the year.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think what I'm learning (and guys I'lll admit i do want to try this marriage thing at least once), is that I should take every day for what it is.

It sounds like this girl and her boyfriend are doing fine, so it's great.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more experience a man has with longer term relations..the less the 'little milestones' probably mean to him.
I have to agree. As I progressed in my dating experience, I even got to a point where I didn't care when I started dating a particular woman. There's some women that I dated for some time, but I have no clue how long, It might have been 1-3 months, but I'm not sure, and I never was.

It just got to a point where it seemed pointless to tally up the success of a relationship. However, my woman remembers when we started dating quite well.

If I were you, I wouldn't expect a huge burst of excitement from him, but if you want to do something special for him to celebrate YOUR success in this relationship, by all means do it. Cook him supper in some sexy lingerie. He'll love that.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The 6 mth is a good "mark" for progress/direction, since you're still together ;)

I've seen that divorced people should stick with divorced people, but that doesn't mean it won't work out for you. What I'm trying to say is 36 isn't that relevant, since he's been through it and so he may not be rushed to get married again.

So it has to do with what plans he has (does he want to settle down, have kids) and plans you want. I think that's more relevant than how old he is.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright here's the truth, I'm 36 myself so read carefully. If I were to, God forbid, divorce my wife of 8.5 years or become a widower, meet a 28 y.o. woman who I had 'phenomenal sex' with for 6 solid months, I would (now read carefully),..

DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING THIS GUY IS DOING.

36 y.o., previously married guys are 100% aware of the game (or should be) at this point. We know the sex will drop off sharply after marriage, we've experienced this first hand (pun intended). We know that the relationship is as good as it will get while in this stage. We know that attractive 28 y.o. women are generally looking to cash their chips in for the security in marriage with a man they think will be a 'good provider' before the reach 30 themselves.

Stop swallowing the pop-psychology notion that men are 'afraid' of commitment. That's just NLP implying that men are really just silly immature boys, fearful of doing 'the right thing' and behaving as women think they should. Horsesh!t. We know that commitment equals responsibility, liability and accountability - financially, emotionally, family-wise, etc., blah, blah, blah,..Men (particularly divorced men) aren't afraid of commitment - we're cautious of it, we're aware of what it means to women and are righteously guarded of it because now we know what it really represents. We avoid it like a mine field at 36 and rather, can better appreciate the stages that lead up to the commitment ultimatum (that we know women will eventually come to) and try to enjoy and prolong it since we've come to expect that it will never get better than it is in this stage. We know full well that commitment is a Bait & Switch proposition at best and can now hold out long enough to enjoy ourselves, because we've experienced it.

This is the establishing operation that is at play with the guy you're so frustrated with. He may not elaborate it or state in the way I have, in fact that would only defeat his intent, but this is what's going on in his conditions and he's only responding pragmatically whether he's aware of it or not.

The problem isn't with him, it's with you. 6 months? 6 months! My God, you want the guy's commitment in just 6 months? Fvck him for at least a year an a half before you even think about whining. He's just rediscoving his own freedom after divorce and he's got you ready with a new set of handcuffs to snap on as soon as he's paid for the old ones to be unlocked. You are on his schedule, don't think for a second that you're entitled to his commitment and certainly not on your biological timer. The real problem is your own internalization of this pop-psychology myth, that men should grow up and commit to women. It becomes so frustrating and absorbing that women are unable to enjoy the honeymoon stages of a relationship (the part men understandably want to prolong) and think that the sooner they get to 'playing house' with a man the happier they'll be. Nonsense! Trust me, when you've got bills to pay, kids asses to wipe, he comes home after a 60 hour work week, you've put on 20 extra pounds and he tolerates still having sex with you when you're in the mood, you will wish you'd prolonged the pre-commitment single fvcking days.

San

Don Juan
Reaction score
Time doesn't mean anything in a relationship.

i 'm just getting over a 3 year relationship.

We hit the 6 month mark with marriage in mind, and we wanted to!!
but things got an ugly turn and suddenly the ground on which our relationship was build on began to fall apart.

Enjoy the NOW and don't think but experience..

yunghova35

Don Juan
Reaction score
6 months wouldn’t matter to a guy 26, 16 or 6. the ONLY thing this guy’s emotional state is with you is… marriage material or looking for a better deal.

Sweet Angel

Reaction score
WHOA WHOA WHOA! You guys are getting outta hand!!! Hold your horses!

I, in no way whatesoever, want anything more than for this guy to be my boyfriend...which he currently is. We are good. End of story. Who said anything about trying to get more of a committment out of him at 6 months? I am just happy to even find a guy that I want to talk to more than 5 minutes. Not looking for Mr. Prince Charming!

I have NO INTENTIONS of even getting married at this time in my life. I was frightfully close to that nightmare last year and have NO INTENTIONS of going back anytime soon, if at all.

My question was simply if I should do more than like get him a card or something at 6 months or just let it slide .....you guys read waaaaaaay too into this. I was expecting a reply like "Yeah say it is cool you are together 6 months and do a strip tease for him"

Actually it is pretty funny! OMG the mere thought of marriage makes my skin crawl.

I am a guy's wet dream right now. Sex, a beer and the Illinois game this weekend....no fairytale romance and all that crap.

But thanks for your feedback!
Sweet Angel

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
just get him a card
if he is like me he will forget about milestones and dates. if he doesnt remember dont read into it. just tell yourself that someone must remember dates and it will be you from now on.