Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My Typical Chest Routine.. Read it and learn something

Flyguy3663

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My chest work is all about high intensity. I don't wanna spend more than 40-50 minutes hitting it. The whole thing will generally be 12-18 sets of 4-10 reps. I like to start by stretching the chest after a warm up of some push-ups. Usually starting with some flat or inclined flyes with moderate dumbells(use good form). Then I like to hit the Pecs with pressing movements.

I don't use a Barbell but you can. I prefer dumbells. They give me more range of motion and my arms and shoulders have to work harder. The only downside is not being able to lift as much weight and also I work without a spotter so it's hard to go too heavy cuz I have no one to hand me dumbells. At most right now I can handle 90 pounds in each hand on the FLAT BENCH. Incline is decreased a little bit to like 70 in each and my decline is around 80ish.

Okay I hit chest once every 6-8 days depending on how im workin my split. This looks somewhat like my routine. You can alter it to add more weight and drop reps or even decrease weight and work for more reps. But these exercises are the Bread and Butter of my chest work.

Flat or Incline Flyes

30 lbs. x 12
35 lbs. x 8
40 lbs. x 4-6

Incline Bench with Dumbells

60 lbs. x 8-10
66 lbs. x 5-7
70 lbs. x 3-5

Flat Bench

66 lbs. x 8-12
70 lbs. x 5-8
80 lbs. x 3-5
85 lbs. x 1-4

Decline

70 lbs. x 8
76 lbs. x 5-6
80 lbs. x 2-4

LIGHT Decline Flyes to stretch and begin Cool Down

20 lbs. x 10-15
25 lbs. x 5-10
-------------------------------------

That is my chest routine. I alter it sometimes but that routine is what I find works best for me and keeps me getting stronger. I ALWAYS attempt to either up the weight or the amount of reps in at least one of the lifts every workout. It might even be getting an extra rep on a moderate weight. The point is I am upping intensity.

Hope some newbies can learn something. Oh BTW like I said that might be too easy or too hard for someone so tweak it to your own liking.

Peace and Good Luck

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no idea why you start with flyes.

It's not really a mass builder (you can't go super heavy) it's more of a shaping exercise, and you're fatiguing your muscles so they can't pop bigger weight when you get to the pressing movements.

I'm not a fan of decline. Never really felt anything. Besides Schwarzenegger never did decline.. so there! LOL (just kidding, bro)

I do lots of incline work - that's what gets your chest big and thick looking.

If you're into having a big bench then you have to do flat press.

I'd probably move the flyes after the pressing movements, and throw in some Incline Bench in lieu of the Declines. Maybe you can start some kind of rotation?.. that might work well too.

Lilredplaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not really a mass builder (you can't go super heavy) it's more of a shaping exercise
hahahahahahahahhahaha. you been reading too much flex magazine man. there are no "shaping" excercises. For mass people usually targert 8-12 reps. And dude you got 15 sets for chest, way to much. And yes flyes are a good excercise to help pack on some mass. take out decline and decline flyes and just keep incline or flat.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lilredplaya:
It's not really a mass builder (you can't go super heavy) it's more of a shaping exercise
hahahahahahahahhahaha. you been reading too much flex magazine man. there are no "shaping" excercises. For mass people usually targert 8-12 reps. And dude you got 15 sets for chest, way to much. And yes flyes are a good excercise to help pack on some mass. take out decline and decline flyes and just keep incline or flat.
I do read FLEX if only to laugh at the shyt they put in there

Flyes are not a mass builder. they can shape the chest b/c they serve to stretch out the pec muscle. A great finisher but not as good a mass builder as the pressing movements.

For mass and strength 4-8 is the ideal range, not 8-12 (as a mag like FLEX would suggest)

D

Flyguy3663

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
8-12 is the range bodybuilders use but they are juiced as fvck so they can lift HEAVY weights that many times. What we can do 4 or 5 times they can get up 15.

DIESEL,

I like flyes to start cuz it stretches the chest for me and i like to stretch it and then fill it up with blood. Oh by the way I never did declines until I got my incline/decline bench. I will say since I started my pecs have much better shape and are starting to get nice and rounded. But yea I do realize Flyes arent a mass builder man. Thats why most of my work is in pressing movements. Peace man

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cable flys it's a great exercise too, I've gained lot's of mass & definition in the past month by adding it.
And for being a definition ex it's very hard & intense. Leave it to the end of course.

I do it standing & moving the cables down, the one where you cross the cables in front is not as good for closing your pecs (or at least I was told that by the instructor in my gym...) and you can't go as heavy cause the technique it's very complicated.

bodybuildin

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is my chest workout:

Chest
Flat Barbell Press x3 (warmup with 12, 4-6)
Incline Dumbbell Press x2 (4-6)
Weighted Dips x2 (4-6)

Flyguy3663

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bodybuildin,

ur new huh? just wonderin.. how often u hit chest and what are u stats???