Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My gf broke up with me for the dumbest reason

bizzym

Banned
Reaction score
My gf and I were supposed to be moving in with each other next month. However, that all changed today. We both have dogs and they hate each other. They fight multiple times a day. And if we’re being honest here I don’t like her dog. I even told her today, “that thing sucks”. Well they got in another fight today while I was gone and I received a text from my gf saying my dog bit her while trying to break up the fight. I told her my dog has never done that so I don’t believe her. She sent me the picture and still told her that she was lying oh my dog. She snapped and said don’t ever disrespect her again by calling her a liar. She then suggested we get a dog trainer but like I said I just don’t like her dog. I told her that her dog is not allowed to live at my house (she was supposed to live with me) and to have her dog stay with her parents. All in all she told me her dog wasn’t going anywhere, called me selfish, and broke up with me.

I feel like this is the dumbest reason to break up with someone-just send the dog to your parents it’s not a big deal.
If she really cared about me she wouldn’t have dumped me for her dog.
Like I said dumb.

Tl;dr got broken up with because I don’t like her dog

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People love there dogs man.. They are like a member of the family.

Telling her she should leave her dog, with someone else isn't an easy thing to do.

You put down a condition on her, she chose the dog!

Harsh I know.. But it's a dog eat dog world outhere man

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow... Did you think that she had her dog bite her so she could send a picture? I'm all for being the king of the castle, but she took the lead role of providing a possible solution that you could both live with, instead of you. Calling her a liar and then telling her to "store" her dog elsewhere was a really sucky thing to do. Your choice: her alone or ? . Her choice: you or the dog. Unfortunately for you, it seems that you may have made her choice easy.

EvilSpirit22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you give your dog to any friend of yours? You won't because i'm sure you love your dog. In a similar manner, she loves her dog. You can't ask someone to leave their dog when you won't apply the same rules to your own dog.

Its not about who wins in the end or who sacrifices for whom. Its about you setting same rules for both of you.

Best advice for you would be to get a dog trainer or get muzzles for both the dogs.

And Dude, anger is a sign of insecurity. Its a weakness. Remember that always.

bizzym

Banned
Reaction score
Wow... Did you think that she had her dog bite her so she could send a picture? I'm all for being the king of the castle, but she took the lead role of providing a possible solution that you could both live with, instead of you. Calling her a liar and then telling her to "store" her dog elsewhere was a really sucky thing to do. Your choice: her alone or ? . Her choice: you or the dog. Unfortunately for you, it seems that you may have made her choice easy.
I don’t know what she did but my dog doesn’t bite.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t know what she did but my dog doesn’t bite.
Let's just say he doesn't bite.. Obviously something has happened.

Unless she sent you photshoped fake pictures?

I think the best solution should have been, take BOTH dogs for some training to get them to like each other and hang out like Boyz in the hood.

Telling her to get rid of her dogs, isn't a solution.

The human and dog, BOND is very deep man!

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's not wrong for breaking up with you. You refused to take the only logical approach of getting a dog trainer for both of the dogs and your only resolution was to separate her from her dog, which won't happen. This is salvageable but you have to let her know that you were being unreasonable and that you'd be willing to hire a dog trainer.

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@bizzym
A while back, I was accidentally bitten while breaking up a dog fight by my own dog, who never bit anyone, ever. Thankfully it wasn't too hard.

The opinion on here seems pretty much unanimous. @jaymbrs summed things up.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll add that I've dated 2 girls with dogs that I didn't like. At all. One would piss on the carpet all the time and the other (a labrador) was accustomed to sleeping on the bed, which there was no space for when I would stay over so he would cry the whole night. There's no way around it if you flat out don't like her dog. There's no separating them and their owner.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP,

I say caringly, you really f*ucked up.

I've owned Dobermans for 20+ years. YES---dogs WILL bite the hand that tries to break up a fight without regard to whose hand it is. You were really wrong and off-base saying "My dog doesn't do that" etc. If you're moving in with her, you need to get smart about how females think when they're in LTR/gf mode. If she feels you don't support her (women are HUGE on this when in a LTR), she will let you know--and SHE DID.

If you care about her and the relationship, you'll find the best dog trainer in the area and do what it takes to get the dogs to get along. It's entirely possible they will. Or you can be Joe Red Pill, coc*kblock yourself, and let her walk.

Don't be such a d*ick about it. Seriously.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had a dime for every time a dog that “never bites”, according to its owner, actually bit someone...
Funny how the ones that “never bite” are the ones that bite. I’ve seen it time and again.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good woman will give things up so she can be with you. This woman gave you up so she can be with her dog. You're better off. She would have eventually found some other reason to break up with you.

If you're going to move in with a woman, she should be the one adapting to your world. Don't move in with a woman you have to make compromises with. Society says that compromises are the "fair" thing to do. Fvck being fair. Get a woman who makes you her priority.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dated a girl once and I'm entirely convinced most women have trouble with dogs. They think they are ppl.
I also believe training dogs takes skill and presence.
Enough ppl already told you that you fcked up so....I agree with them.
same with cats lolllll

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A good woman will give things up so she can be with you. This woman gave you up so she can be with her dog. You're better off. She would have eventually found some other reason to break up with you.

If you're going to move in with a woman, she should be the one adapting to your world. Don't move in with a woman you have to make compromises with. Society says that compromises are the "fair" thing to do. Fvck being fair. Get a woman who makes you her priority.
Don't you think that's a bit to the extreme? A dog can be like your child. This has nothing to do with being "fair". He is asking her to choose between two things that she loves for no good reason. I agree that he should dump her. Not so he can do better, but because the OP has no sense of human decency nor the capacity to process things logically (even with a photo, the dog still doesn't bite). She offered a solution, not a compromise. A woman with logical sense is a quality woman in my book and not a common commodity in my experience. I actually enjoy a woman with a bit of backbone. As long as its not nonsense (and this isn't), a little push back is not only good to keep me on my toes, but can also remind me that I can be a d*ck sometimes. Being a d*ck has nothing to do with being a man. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am all for being king of the castle, but a king who indiscriminately passes harsh judgement and punishment, will eventually get dog food in his breakfast.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never call anyone a liar unless you have absolute proof they are being dishonest. If the OP thought she was a liar, with no real proof... just a gut call.... then he should have been the one calling it off.

But really I have no idea what he is complaining about. This chick really wasn't into him that much. If she were, she would have found a new home for her dog. When a chick really loves you, she will drop EVERYTHING to be with you. Clearly he was not as important as the dog... she did him a favor.

Serenity

Reaction score
If this is all it took to break you up I'd say it's for the better, such a fragile relationship. You're as stubborn as she is, so you're no better than her. Actually I'd say you're a bit dumber, she was looking for a solution by suggesting a dog trainer for her dog, the fvck did you do to find a solution you could both live with?

This relationship was doomed anyways, you couldn't work together, it would have ended sooner or later anyways. But I'll give her the high ground for at least trying, despite your insults and obvious lack of basic trust. You too proved that you valued your dog more than your girlfriend.