Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MSN/Yahoo/AOL messaging and its importance?

mb121

Don Juan
Reaction score
What kinds of stuff would be good using these popular chat programs? I know ever kid has MSN at our school and is on a lot. I want to talk to girls, but don't know what the hell to do to start a conversation that would actually be interesting to both of us.

Should I avoid these things or what?

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you should avoid talking to girls online opposed to in person.

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah... even though i use it alot, if i wanan talk to a girl im working on, i try my best not to IM them online.

At least talk to them on the phone (however this is still not suggested), but best thing is always in person..

mb121

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, MSN is a turn-off is the general message im getting here.

Thinking back, I don't ever like the girls as much the more I talk to them on MSN...

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, if you're mackin a chica, don't talk much on these IM programs.

However, if you want to build up conversational skills, this provides some real-time experience though with real girls over the net. As that DYD dude said, it's convo at like 1/8 of the normal speed so you can think about your replies and hone your wit. Then use your practiced convo skills out in the real world and whup some ash. =)

MrBen

Reaction score
aznbreakerjrey's right where he says that you can build converstaional skills with IM.
i think you can also gain confidence with girls by talking to them through IM, as, because you are not close to them and their physical appearance is not an issue, you talk to them for the ppl they are, rather than as an attractive (or unattractive, as the case may be) female. you needn't be daunted by their beauty, and can talk to them as a real person, and they like that. ppl often confide easier online and tell ppl secrets that they might not tell them in person. because of this, you can get to know girls and talk about things that she might not talk to you about otherwise. this will make you appear to be more sensitive and caring, and a person she might want to get to know better at schol/work/whatever.

particularly with girls you only know online, you can try out things and say things you might not normally say to someone you knew in real life. if what you say goes well, then you'll know to use it for real. if it doesn't work and the girl gets pissed at you, it doesn't matter cos you don't really know her anyway, and you'll have learnt not to say that in the future.

also, when talking to ppl through the internet, you do have more time to structure and craft you words to make sure you don't say anything dumb. if you're naturally unconfident in real life, IM can be a great way to communicate with girls you like cos it's easier to be expressive and say what you think. you don't have the problem of approaching them in the first place and you don't have to make small talk when the conversation comes to a halt. it's a lot more relaxed and an easy way to learn more about someone.

of course, meeting girls and talking to them in real life is a lot better than IM, but for some ppl IM may be easier

i know for myself that, while i have no problem talking to girls in person, when i talk to them online i can get to know them a lot better and enhance my relationship with them. when they're on their own without their friends around, they often become quite different people

to answer your question, i think you should do what you're happy with. if you don't feel confident in real life, maybe you should use some kind of messenger service to get to know girls better.
as an idea for a conversation starter, you could simply ask how her day was, or ask some interesting question that she might not normally have the time/will to answer if you asked her in person.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, it works, alot of things work, but ask yourself do you really have time for that? I mean, for you to boost your confidence up a considerable amount you would have to spend ALOT of time doing it when you could gain way more confidence just with some EC! Imagine how much more confidence you could get out of EC, a smile, an approach, and a number. So as a confidence builder.... it's next to useless.

Also it helps you get talk to them? Girls online NEVER and i mean NEVER react the same way online as they do in person, and they dont take much seriously. I know this because i too, always talked to girls online and my friends would be online too so if i wasn't online i felt like they were talking to her while I was being a *****. There being the ***** by not talking to her in person, remember that.

Also a very importnant thing is to look at what a girl does rather then what she says, and i mean that skill is very limited while talking to a girl online. You can never know what the girl is really feeling.

She would react in exactly the same way if she was depressed as to when she was happy because you can't notice her posture, voice tonality, etc.

It really is a waste of time, if your to scared to approach i reccomend affirmations or something like that to get you pumped up, or just do the damn approach!

UnexpectedTeen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Even the most harmless things would proof to be deadly if used excessively! Not concidering the IM, etc.

IM Them, Aol With THem, Msn with THem, to ask for a date, or to talk to in person.

That's that.

Green Curse

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh MSN or any of that crap is just that... crap
dont let ppl tell you it has some uses it just a good way to keep in touch with ppl you ALREADY know and when your bored as far as self IMPROVMENT is concerned it's no good.

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
IM is the kiss of death. Your C&F can't be delivered right, and your NLP is useless because you can't anchor the feelings to you. Don't talk to girls online.