Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mr.Style's approach journal.

Mr.Style

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello to you all.I have been a visitor of this site for about two months and found it through Google as I sought to improve my life.It's fair to say I have been an AFC all my life.
I am Irish and went to an all boys school so my first semester of college was a bit of a wake up call for me as I realised I am pretty hopeless around women.
I have read the DJ Bible and have been impressed by Pook and anti-Dump.
This site has helped me overcome alot of my anxiety around women.In my first week of college in September I was a nervous wreck and actually felt nauseous sitting beside one particular girl and no she wasn't ugly or anything. :p
I have gotten over that but I still have trouble around women and at the idea of asking them out.I have never had a girlfriend and most of my friends are AFCs.
I vow to change!I have been inspired by Pugsley and his admirable effort to get over his fear of approaching and I intend to do the same.Tomorrow will be my last day of college for the semester so I intend to do an approach before I have my Xmas break.

My target is one approach each day this week.I know it's not as impressive as others on this site but I feel I'd be better with small steps.Wish me luck.I know I'll need it.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe also add just saying 'hi' to 10 women. Maybe 3 out of these 10 will be nice talking to.

Read everything again, just to make sure, approaches, c&f lines (make some up by yourself)... etc.

Great luck.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get to the Temple Bar!!!

Damn if those girls aren't up for it... I mean take your pick, Spanish, Canadian, English the list goes on

Mr.Style

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys.
I will try to say Hi to some girls SamePendo.Actually I think I blew a good chance on Friday when I was in college.I got chatting to a HB7 as I went to collect some print-outs that I needed for study.She was standing beside me.It went like this:

Print-out Lady:What can I do for you?
Me:Can I have the history notes.(She hands them to me)
Print-out Lady:You want all of them?
Me:Uh how much will that cost?
Print-out Lady:30 euros
Me(in humourous way):Uh..no.
HB7: (Laughs)They're very dear,aren't they?
Me:Yeah.(She keeps on smiling at me)
Me:Wow this place is like a ghost town isn't it?
HB7:Yeah,everybody's home except for those of us who aren't organised!
(We then have some small talk as she tells me she's in her 2nd year in college and that she used to do the same subject as me.
Unfortunately the Print-out Lady gave the HB7 her notes and she left before wishing me good luck as I had to stand there waiting for my notes.I feel I could have had a shot at this girl's number as she was very cheerful and even if she'd rejected me,she would've been nice about it. :) )

Unfortunately number closing is a big problem for me.Believe it or not earlier this year I had a great chat with a blonde HB8 who happened to smoke(I don't)and she kept urging me to follow her outside and talk while she had a smoke.We then had lunch and had a cup of coffee.I had a 3 hour convo with a girl I'd just met and as we were about to leave I gave her some change she needed for her bus and she said she'd make it up to me by buying me a coffee next time.I thought about going for the number but dismissed the idea(Dumb,I know)as I figured I'd see her again,anyway.
Well it turns out I've yet to see her again(I'm not very punctual plus my course happens to have LOTS of students.)
You'd think that experience would've prompted me to go for the number more often but no.That is why tomorrow I intend to make my first ever approach.I just hope I don't chicken out. :(

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you at Trinity College?

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good form, I'll read with interest

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approach is like a swimming pool. As ur about to jump in, you feel cold and uncomforable. Once ur in it, u get use to the temp and it becomes warm.

Mr.Style

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't get out of my Shell...

OK,I haven't visited the site for a couple of weeks and I have to admit that I have made no progress since I last visited.
After my firt semester of college ended,I retreated back into my shell and became more and more isolated and lonely.As a result my confidence took a nosedive.
Last week I returned to college and gradually my confidence has risen more and more but the idea of appraoching women and asking them out gives me a pit in my stomach.

I'm sick of never taking opportunities and I end up regretting it later.I have been very impressed with Pugs approach journal and how he has got himself a woman through his gutsy actions.
I would like to approach women but I'm not sure how to do it.
I have read the Bible and that but I mean at the moment you're about to ask the girl,how do you make yourself do it without chickening out?
Any advice for me would be appreciated as it is my New Year's Revolution to sort my life out and to get myself a girl...

Mr.Style

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess overcoming my fear of approaching properly got underway today.My life is a bit of a mess right now.I'm doing crap as far as studying is concerned and I am useless around women.
I'm determined to change so I finally broke the ice around a couple of girls today.

Approach 1(Bus stop):HB8

Me:Have you been waiting for the bus long?
Her:Yeah,ages(she seemed friendly enough after I broke the ice)
Me:Where are you off to?Blah,blah,blah...

I asked her plenty of open-ended questions and eventually I asked her what her name was and told her mine.There were some people behind me(including another guy)who seemed shocked I had started a convo with a complete stranger.(That's Ireland for you)
Unfortunately the bus was packed when it came and we had to sit in different seats.She had told me she was late so when we arrived at my college campus she left in a hurry.
I guess I didn't make a good enough impression!

Approach 2(In a lecture hall):HB7

Me:Where you at the lecture yesterday?I missed it.
Her:Yeah,I'll show you what it was about(she looks for her notes and can't find them)
Me:Are you sure you were at the lecture?
Her(laughing)Yes!
(Unfortunately her friends arrived at that stage and I was ****blocked since I had to move to let them in.Oh well...

Approach 3(other lecture hall):HB6

Me:Where you at the lecture yesterday?(this works well for me)
Her:Yeah blah,blah,blah...

I didn't really find her attractive from then on and I didn't continue the convo so I guess it shouldn't really count as an approach.If I don't ask for the number,does it still count as an approach?

I will look to continue tomorrow and to ask a girl for her number.
I don't fear rejection now.I just want to get my first rejection out of the way.I might have to do a cold approach for this to happen but I'm ready.
Any advice on overcoming a fear of rejection would be appreciated...

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well? What happened?

Mr.Style

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thursday I slept in late so I did not go to college.No approaches got done.

As for today,I did not fare so well.I tried to open up a conversation with a girl outside my lecture but she basically ignored me.Also,there is a girl I have been sitting with lately for lectures but I don't find her attractive at all.I tried to find a different seat today so I could sit beside some HB and have a convo but the girl spotted me and I pretty much had to sit with her after that.
On Fridays,most people in my college go home so the place is pretty deserted.I too decided to then head home so my day was a bit of a flop.

I will be heading into the city centre tomorrow so I should do alot better.

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi man, no PM? I have something you may find useful.

I was in Ireland for some time back in my AFC days, and unfortunately I wasn't able to fully make use of my time there. Believe it or not, the very first DJ I ever saw was in the Porterhouse. I'm definitely returning sometime in the future.

I'm glad you're making the effort to enhance this aspect of your life. It'll certainly help you appreciate Ireland more than the average guy.

Mr.Style

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Sardaurkar.If you've been to Ireland you're probably aware that unless it's in a bar or a club setting,most guys here are not great with approaching strangers.I'm the same but I'm trying to improve.

I still haven't asked a girl for her number yet but I desperately want to.I keep hoping for the perfect opportunity so I can build rapport etc. but it hasn't been easy.Should I just cold approach some girl to get it out of the way,do you think?

BTW,I know the Porterhouse well.

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is your e-mail? I have something you will find useful.

Make sure your mailbox has plenty of space.

Last offer.

Dublinsfinest

Don Juan
Reaction score
fair play to you mr style.

im curious as to which college you go to?

I've been doing cold approaches in dublin for the past few months. been seeing some improvements and got some results but im nowhere near where i should be approach wise.

also sardurkar, im curious about the DJ you saw in Porterhouse? I alos know it very well.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There were some people behind me(including another guy)who seemed shocked I had started a convo with a complete stranger.(That's Ireland for you
So true...

Mr.Style

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sardaukar,I don't like to give out my email address as I've suffered terribly with spam sh*t in the past.
Dublinsfinest,I go to UCD.Biggest campus in Ireland and also the loneliest.Believe me.

OK an update on my progress(or should I say procrastination).
I did nothing on the weekend due to a combination of crappy weather,sport on TV and a sh*t load of work.
Today,I went to college but my day was a disaster.
I only had four hours sleep so I wasn't feeling the best but even so,I felt pretty good and I was eager on doing some approaches but it didn't work out for me today.

In lectures,I keep sitting beside this girl(who I don't find attractive) and we also don't have much in common either but I feel obliged to sit with her.I'm just going to have to sit somewhere else next time!
Every chance I had at approaching today,I missed.I don't know why.Perhaps it was due to this Valentine's Day crap but I shouldn't make excuses.
I fear not knowing how the girl will react,I fear being rejected and having other people notice this,I fear appraoching girls in groups etc. I'm sick of this BS!
Tomorrow I will make 10 approaches.I think setting myself a high target will ensure I'll at least get some approaches done.My approach will be the one Pugs used to help give him confidence:

Me:Hi,can I ask you a question?
Her:What?
Me:Are you single?

If she says no,I walk away with a smile on my face and if she says she is single I'll tell her ,"I have to get going right now,but why don't you give me your number and I'll take you out sometime?"I shall embrace rejection!I will laugh in the face of it!
If I make no approaches tomorrow,I will donate €20 to a charity.
I will beat this fear.My performance so far has been appalling but I WILL improve.

Dublinsfinest

Don Juan
Reaction score
I DARE you to approach Rosanna Davidson with that line!

Mr Style, I would not advise this approach unless you want to be rejected. This is a bad approach for our county. Believe me.

You'll feel stupid I'm telling you.

Just try to make a situational opener, run a routine or two, run a story and then ask for the digits. ONLY ask for the digits after she has LAUGHED during the conversation. However, if you want to just bomb and get into approaching (you don't seem to be doing ANYTHING) then by all means use this approach. You'll get a feel for approaching women which will help you greatly.

I just think you'd benefit from a more structured approach.

And one more thing, I used to do my approaches in college (when I was just starting out). I made lots of mistakes and I SEE those women from time to time (usually around exam time when everyone is in the library studying), and I feel like **** because they laugh at my patheticness back when I hadn't a clue. DCU is not as big as UCD though.

Actually, I think you SHOULD use that approach just to get the hang of approaching. But if you get any numbers using it, then I'm a banana.

Mr.Style

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dublinsfinest
I DARE you to approach Rosanna Davidson with that line!

Mr Style, I would not advise this approach unless you want to be rejected. This is a bad approach for our county. Believe me.

You'll feel stupid I'm telling you.
I know the line isn't great but I don't really mind if I get rejected.It might be good for me since I've let the fear of approaching get the best of me.It should only take me about 30 seconds to use,anyway.

You're in DCU?You're lucky.Here in UCD there's alot of stuck-up D4 girls that are pretty damn intimidating!I suppose if I can handle rejection from them,I can handle anything. :D