Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Moved to a college town, but I'm 42

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the point of this? Are you hoping to seduce 18-22 year old undergrads as a 42 year old man? Graduate students can be mid to late 20s.

Using dye on your hair and beard will help you look younger so that can help with approaching undergrads and grad level students.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And out of the dating game for the last 9 years. Had a bad case of marriage.

Just found out last year beards are in, goatees are out.

Gotta lose a few but that'll only take a couple months.

Have to dye my hair now(and beard).
What's your goal?

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the point of this? Are you hoping to seduce 18-22 year old undergrads as a 42 year old man? Graduate students can be mid to late 20s.

Using dye on your hair and beard will help you look younger so that can help with approaching undergrads and grad level students.
Why not? Most people think I'm 30 anyway. And no one says a 30 year old can't bag a 21 year old. I did a few times when I was actually 30. haha

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Unless you look like Dan Bilzerian (just taller) and as rich as him; you're wasting your time. If you really just want to pay for pus, just go to Seeking Arrangement and become a sugar daddy.

Bethatsocialguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont understand why people hate so much in the comments. I thought we were here to help each other and to get each other laid.

Anyway, style is important regardless of age. The fact that you are 42 can work for and against you. You will face a variety of challenges for example, why go for you when she can go for someone younger and fitter. Well at the same time, if you are successful with money and experience, then these are going to benefit you. Dont try to fit into their game. Stay in your lane and be confident about it. You will have to go out to bars. Dress well. Look fashionable and be confident.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Unless you look like Dan Bilzerian (just taller) and as rich as him; you're wasting your time. If you really just want to pay for pus, just go to Seeking Arrangement and become a sugar daddy.
I don't understand on here when I see posts from guys mid 30s and up always asking about how to get hot 18-22 year olds and the complaing about constant rejections and striking out. Unless you'd super chad and look very young you're just wasting your time.

Reactions: B80

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not? Most people think I'm 30 anyway. And no one says a 30 year old can't bag a 21 year old. I did a few times when I was actually 30. haha
Of course you can, mate. I assume the "college town" you're moving to has students in the tens of thousands. If you get yourself into shape, dress well, and have your shyt together you can pull coeds no problem. I don't even think you need to dye your hair/beard (unless it's all white). Just own who you are and what you want. Show them a different world than what they're used to. I know; I've done it.

Anyway, style is important regardless of age. The fact that you are 42 can work for and against you. You will face a variety of challenges for example, why go for you when she can go for someone younger and fitter. Well at the same time, if you are successful with money and experience, then these are going to benefit you. Dont try to fit into their game. Stay in your lane and be confident about it. You will have to go out to bars. Dress well. Look fashionable and be confident.
1000% this. College dudes are in shape and full of energy. They're also mostly immature, lacking hygiene, and poor. And many girls at the peak of their attractiveness want to try all kinds of men. As long as a guy isn't a schlub or a loser he should do fine.

Reaction score
i would recommend moving out asap/42 year old hitting on 18 year okds is cringe af

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
inb4 Mike asks about hair lol

Ok, here goes…

Do you have full hair? That’s going to be critical here, much more so than the hair color.

Order of importance:

1. Full hair (Must)
2. Looking younger than your age (Must)
3. 6 ft or higher (Recommended but not a hard must)

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
This is such BS Rick and you know it. These young ladies are THIRSTY for men. Masculine men.
So maybe 18 is out for him but if he looks 30 hes got this. Just gotta keep it cool.

OP i find you to be a lucky bastarrd to be in that situation. Enjoy the time
If you say so... I know you're kidding, but don't give the OPs hopes up.

I don't understand on here when I see posts from guys mid 30s and up always asking about how to get hot 18-22 year olds and the complaing about constant rejections and striking out. Unless you'd super chad and look very young you're just wasting your time.
No superchad, whatever that is. Just in shape and financially sound. If we want females to be in shape and take care of themselves, the contrapositive of that for dudes is to also be in shape and financially stable. In that regard, they are not really wrong.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And out of the dating game for the last 9 years. Had a bad case of marriage.

Just found out last year beards are in, goatees are out.

Gotta lose a few but that'll only take a couple months.

Have to dye my hair now(and beard).
Def need more context and info about you. As others asked, we need to know what you're trying to accomplish. Spin plates, looking to settle, ONS, etc, etc. If you're in a college town, you can still have some fun. Heck even more fun than other more conservative towns but the question is what you're trying to get out of it.

And the reason I need info about you, health, fitness, lifestyle, finance is that that plays a big factor in young women being attracted to someone twice her age. They are attracted to them, but you need to have your stuff together.

Modern Man Advice

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've been a student at the University, but I'm around a lot of college students. I serve on some boards so I see students and faculty.

Students usually don't date outside the Student Population. There is just so many other single students, they don't have to look elsewhere.

Most colleges will have a one Faculty staff per 11-15 students. That doesn't take into account classified/support staff who also work at the university like coaches, office staff etc.

1641839372074.png

One of my tenants was a tenured university professor in his 40's, and he had no problems dating outside the university system. He would line up double header OLD hookup dates at his house...Quite the man*****.

Your College town will have higher end places that college students don't frequent. You will find your more likely age range there enjoying a nice meal and a drink rather than going to Bladder buster night at the college dive bar. If there IS a young coed who likes older men....she will go there looking for them....

Basically all social rules for non college towns apply in college towns. The Single Faculty Women you meet though will generally be more liberal than average, Want to talk about IDEAS, not just events and people. They still do, but if you deep dive them it will come to ideas. They may have Summer jobs when school is out if they only instruct, and don't do research. And they like to do all the same things other adults like. There are fewer Faculty that are single than married than the US average.

Let me give you kind of a bio of the kind of woman in a college town who would date a 42 year old guy...

My 30-35 yo single college professor female friends who I've known for 15 years in the industry. Their friends were my ONS material.

She loves to travel and drink wine and actually is attracted to older men who have something to teach her. She thinks Intelligence is sexier than 6 pack abs, and she and her 28 year old BFF (PhD, in university system) are regulars at the microbreweries and taprooms downtown. Most of her friends are hotter than her.

She does Fitness classes and exercises outdoors as her release from teaching. She makes her own money but rents a 1BR house near downtown where she can walk or bike to the restaurants and bars. Her mentors are in their 50s and 60's and most married. She is an Old Soul....

I hope when you meet some of these Faculty women while out and about, that it helps you. I chose to use my friend as a wingman, but she was still fun to hang out with . Especially when her friends were hitting on me.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Why say this? Were is this coming from? Isn't OP's responsability to handle rejection or succes as he sees fit? I mean we all fo right.
I would rather see his success then his failure. Your ability to not put yourself in outcomes is the "super power" so called.
Some say its NoFap.
His reaction to his failures is none of my business.
Believe me I have gotten "the hand" by hot younger girls before. It doesnt hurt. Only stings for a moment. Plow through it. Not all of them are kunts. Many want to have fun with a cool guy.

I came from the party days of rock and the late 80s early 90s. I know what these young ladies like and age doesnt change your ability to rockout with your cokout. 42 and good looking can land any age at any givin time.
Right time
Right place
Right time

OP dress for the venues you go in college town. Study it. If you get hazed. Agree and Amplify and stand your ground.
Dont talk about fight club. Just train
Waste of time dude. There are better ways to earn a return on time than chasing females literally half your age or more. Heaven forbid if a 42 year old gets involved with a 17 y.o. with a fake ID. Game over on so many levels. Hard pass.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Waste of time dude. There are better ways to earn a return on time than chasing females literally half your age or more. Heaven forbid if a 42 year old gets involved with a 17 y.o. with a fake ID. Game over on so many levels. Hard pass.
States like Missouri the age of consent is 17. Still I just can't see this working out. Remember James Franco a few years back hit on a 17 year old and everyone called him a creep. And he has a very high SMV due to being famous, having money and almost Chad like. If a famous guy gets bashed for it it will look even worse for your non famous typical guy.

LucianoM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why does every mfer here say they look 10 years younger than they really are? :lol:

You probably look like an average 40 year old. Unless you want to run sugar daddy game id suggest you pack your bags and move.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Why does every mfer here say they look 10 years younger than they really are? :lol:

You probably look like an average 40 year old. Unless you want to run sugar daddy game id suggest you pack your bags and move.
I agree. I'm not saying people on here don't look young for their age, BUT regardless a 42 year old and 19 year old just doesn't work. Even high SMV movie actors like I mentioned get called a creep for it. If someone like James Franco does, what do you think a typical 40 year old will be called.