Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Might be my most useful post...

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Subject: Remove the Off-topic section (Anything else).

You sure read something that this board in the old times was better. It has certainly something to do with the introduction of the off-topic section. I'm sure that is where a lot of the conversation was being held, and that many of you had discussions of value to you. I understand the inconvenience and frustration this may cause you, if that section would be gone.

I believe the off-topic section enabled this website to be more like a community and less like a DJ/self-improvement discussion boards.

An alternative is to divide that section into for instance:
  • A non-Sosuave.com related discussion, like about the ASF.com, Mooncafe, Girlproblem, and BadgrilSwirl. and so on.
  • A flame festival forum for political and religious debate that tends to be what gets heated.
  • A casual chat forum for other BS that doesn't fit anywhere else - less inflammatory.

This may or may not surprise some of you, but I think Allen really doesn't get much in the way of constructive feedback about the site. He gets next to nothing in reference to the forums and often find himself simply operating in a vacuum and pulling ideas straight out of his ass. (think about the changes lately)

Please consider this.

(Thanks Rob for the inspiration)

Last edited:

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you cant just make 5000 forums. it's also harder to browse them then. the idea of 'Anything Else' seems to be mostly that you can talk about non-girl-related things with the same people. There are also a number of more intelligent people here than elsewhere, which is one reason i post mostly only here.

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
political and religious discussion is not a good idea on these forums

How about you put ban on any topics related to "Politics and Religion"?

(Okay the idea of removing the entire "anything else" forum is extreme.)

There are several reasons for why I think that such a prohibition would benefit us all, and enrich Sosuave.com:

1. Rather than creating a sense of community, the harsh exchanges there were damaging relationships later necessary for intelligent discussion of this forum's primary topic: Don Juan

2. We were not accomplishing very much.

3. Many of the discussions are disturbing rather than enlightening, and it is doubted that many of the views asserted were authentic.

4. Sure much of the information were things we didn't know before, but if we really wanted to know about that, we would run a research for it on our own.

I suggest therefor:

We are keeping politics and religion out of the "Anything else" That includes jokes about political or religious figures.

For reference, that forum is supposed to be:

"General off-topic discussion, interpersonal communication in public, whatever doesn't fit anywhere else at all - put it here. Chat with each other. Keep it light and friendly."

Threads or posts that violate this rule, I hope will be moderated immediately. Offending parties will be warned once. A second offense and you'll be considered for banning. From long experience, a third offense will ensure banning.

I know this sounds despotic, but politics and religion forums here have turned into huge flame fests that antagonized a bunch of people who otherwise get along with each other.

If you must debate politics and/or religion, I suggest going to another board.

Thank you, and god bless :)

I got these ideas from an administrator called Rob, he runs another forum similar to this one, and that is pretty much how he handled stuff over there
Edited: Plus they are all mature people (all the mods are over 30) over there, so I don't know maybe this board isn't ready for this kind of changes yet...

Last edited:

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't say it's a dumb idea since it work's at the mysterious forums run by "Rob". It's a selfish idea and one that should not be implemented. If you don't want to participate in the off-topic forum, DON'T PARTICIPATE! Simple as that. Now shut up.

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoy our little political fights. They've taught me a lot of other people. Let's just continue things the way they are. Moderators can, of course, close a topic if it goes too out-of-line or something like that.