Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mental strength

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve always had an unhealthy relationship with food. I’ve been obese 3 times and lost it and got buff 2 1/2 times.

Probably been obese 30% of my adult life. 40% of my adult life I’ve been losing weight (it takes a long time) and 30% I’ve been lean.

The last time I got obese, I was the biggest I’ve been. Over the last 2 years I lost 51lb.

Well, I lost that in one year. For a year I’ve been overweight but not enough to cause issues. But still overweight.

Issue is, I cut calories. I eat high protein, a good diet. Then it falls apart. One cheat meal and I can go a week on a binge cycle and I kind of hover at the same weight. Lose a bit, gain a bit.

I’m really struggling with this plateau. I used to do Keto but it made me ill last time with reactivated EBV and I ended up in hospital.

Other than just having the mental strength and working on that, any ideas on breaking the plateau?

I did ECA stack before and it worked but I found the ephedrine kind of gave me WD when I quit.

So, ideas on breaking this. I’m thinking I might post the odd update on here to keep me accountable?

The sad fact is I kind of have always had an eating disorder which means I am always at risk of gaining tons of weight unless I am totally on point. This I know full well stems from trauma as a kid but I can’t really do much about it. I know this well, it still doesn’t stop me.

Ideas please

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing that's ever worked for me is to go really, really slow.

Spend 2 years slowly changing daily habits that would support your ideal weight.

If you have a lot of momentum behind you it will be less easy to extend cheating days.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
willpower or the very least do something who burns what you eat. some people can never be slim so you change that for muscle, other then that try to search for help personal trainers and nutritionists need to be consulted

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your metabolism adjusts after about a month, so once it adjusts you can eat 1200 calories a day and lose no weight

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in a slightly similar situation. Considered obese for most of my life. Decided I had enough of being unhealthy and started eating clean and working out.

Lost 44 pounds in the past 5-6 months. Eating clean, hitting the gym, and drinking almost nothing but water.

What helped me was tracking ALL of my food. Every single thing I ate, I logged. I determined my TDEE (calorie maintenance level), and then subtracted 20% of that to lose about 2lbs a week. I planned out my meals as well.

Don't get me wrong, plenty of times I slipped up a day here or a day there, but I scolded myself and got back on track. I don't allow myself cheat days every week, but maybe twice a month.

Its all mindset and discipline. Easier said than done but that's what has worked for me so far. Also, don't try to cut calories too hard, too fast. Find a TDEE calculator and start off with a small calorie deficit. Once you get used to it, you can lower it further. If you start feeling bad or unenergized, build up your calories a little bit again. It will take some trial and error.

Also cannot stress that at least 7+ hours of quality sleep everyday. You cannot lose weight, build muscle, and stay steady on any diet without it. Lack of sleep will kill any motivation to stick to your plan.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you lose lots of weight over a short period of time you will also lose lean muscle mass which takes time to build, 1% of your total weight per week is ideal

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OMAD and a food diary work best for me. Also don't keep anything like sweets,
cakes or biscuits in the house ever, have a well stocked fruit bowl instead.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Sorry to say I do most of these things like tracking calories, but I would say after 2 weeks I get massive cravings for junk food. I find it’s even harder to resist junk food the day after junk food. So I might binge 3 days.

Think it’s just willpower needed.

Also, I find the days I cheat tend to be days I have my daughter. I can’t really do anything for me, if that makes sense. I can’t even watch my own tv as I’m loooking after her, so I order something nice and that keeps me entertained .

Perhaps if I decide to spend as much time as I can with my daughter out and about. Maybe go visit some health food shops. Cook something nice.

I hear you above about sleep. I find if I am tired I can’t be bothered to cook.

Gedmun

Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice is probably not the best but it works for me. I just take more time to enjoy my meals. I know it sounds stupid but works for me

BigFoot04

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve always had an unhealthy relationship with food. I’ve been obese 3 times and lost it and got buff 2 1/2 times.

Probably been obese 30% of my adult life. 40% of my adult life I’ve been losing weight (it takes a long time) and 30% I’ve been lean.

The last time I got obese, I was the biggest I’ve been. Over the last 2 years I lost 51lb.

Well, I lost that in one year. For a year I’ve been overweight but not enough to cause issues. But still overweight.

Issue is, I cut calories. I eat high protein, a good diet. Then it falls apart. One cheat meal and I can go a week on a binge cycle and I kind of hover at the same weight. Lose a bit, gain a bit.

I’m really struggling with this plateau. I used to do Keto but it made me ill last time with reactivated EBV and I ended up in hospital.

Other than just having the mental strength and working on that, any ideas on breaking the plateau?

I did ECA stack before and it worked but I found the ephedrine kind of gave me WD when I quit.

So, ideas on breaking this. I’m thinking I might post the odd update on here to keep me accountable?

The sad fact is I kind of have always had an eating disorder which means I am always at risk of gaining tons of weight unless I am totally on point. This I know full well stems from trauma as a kid but I can’t really do much about it. I know this well, it still doesn’t stop me.

Ideas please
You gotta cut cheat meals completely except for special occasions. and keep crappy food out the house at all costs and when you go to buy something crappy , you need to learn to argue with the voice in your head.

Not in a crazy way but you say to yourself " do I need this " and really focus on how you don't feel **** from eating crappy food , temporarily feeling good doesn't beat good health.

" just a little treat " " I've worked hard " this voice will be the downfall , ignore it and push on.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The act of falling off a wagon and binging is a normal phenomenon. You over correct towards health, then over correct back with a binge after a cheat day.

The bigger issue is most likely forgiving yourself when you fall off the wagon. The moment you realize you're off course, is a time to rejoice, because it takes awareness and intelligence to make this discovery. Most people beat themselves up and it spirals into a binge.

Recognize that catching yourself is a good thing, then do something positive to reward yourself for the discovery.

And the only reason you need so much will is because you're changing so much at once.

Either change your routines more slowly as others have mentioned, and/or meditate on the fact that realizing you're off track is a blessing to honor, not a curse to shun. Make the process effortless and you're bound to succeed.

Gedmun

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to change your mindset my friend. If you say in the past you have a eating disorder then that is what is going to keep you on the same cycle. Your mind is a very powerful tool that you have to learn to master. Don't tell yourself you have a eating disorder....or you can't help yourself . Never think that....... Remove that from your mind. You are living in the present never let the past keep pulling you back.
Today is a new day and a new start in your life. Don't let food rule your life it's the opposite mate. You rule the food. Trick you mind into believing this and you will be fine.... Remember you have dropped the weight before so you can easily do it again. Go to the gym and also join pilates classes or yoga. Never be afraid to ask a few of the sexy ladies there for advice on keeping the weight off. You will be surprised that if the women see you are genuinely trying to do it and not just there to perve and try and pick up. You will be surprised at the help you recieve. Just please try and break those negative thoughts because that is your biggest enemy... You can do it

Sorry if it sounds like I am dribbling ****. Had major surgery recently and although I am on pain meds. My thoughts are all over the shop

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The key is to change your perception of food. I used to associate food with weight gain. So I would eventually get to a point where I would down regulate my metabolism, I would cut calories until my body could actually retain and gain fat on insanely low calories.

I worked on changing my habits and eating what seemed like a lot of healthy food. Every 3 hours I eat something healthy and keep my metabolism roaring, Start small.... eat healthy Monday-Friday and allow yourself the weekend to binge. Take note on how different you feel.... I soon got to the point where my body couldn’t eat crap food anymore. I would feel sick for days.... sleep sucked..... and I had no energy.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I find my stomach is getting a little pudgy, what works for me is to get back to my calorie tracking app, and allocating Wednesday and Sunday as “cheat days”. I now call them “treat days.
My wife just made me a fresh batch of cupcakes. God help me.
I’m going to have to get back to my program. Having two treat days makes it not too painful to control myself the rest of the week.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Try Noom...it focuses on changing behaviors that lead to this type of yo yo ing...