Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mature Men get more female options as they Mature into their 30's, 40's and 50's...BUT!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People here often say that you have to date young, because any older and the women get jaded, entitled, alpha widowed, and have trouble pair bonding. The problem is that what you say is also true. Getting seriously involved in a very young woman is a big risk because they are likely to change at some point, become dissatisfied, and start wondering what they've been missing. Unfortunately in today's culture, there aren't many good options when it comes to LTRs, it's always a roll of the dice.
So true.

One of my divorced cousins who I just finished a post about built his life around a relationship with a substantially younger woman. They started when he was 25 and she was 18 and a high school senior. He really pushed his social circle to put the two of them together. While there is big appeal in building around an 18 year old with an essentially blank slate, the relationship ultimately failed. This was a 10+ year long relationship and a 5 year marriage. The relationship was childless. My cousin wanted kids, but she kept postponing the issue because ultimately I think she knew it wasn't going to last. She was wise not to bring a child into the world in an unhealthy relationship between the parents. She ended the relationship when she was 29. My cousin got her absolute prime years. I think she felt the pressure of turning 30 and being in a mediocre to subpar relationship with a guy who was a bad fit for her.

I've made to 37, never married, no kids, and engaged in short to medium term relationships. I've experienced trauma. In my 30s, I've dated women close to my own age who are jaded and have trouble pair bonding. I never had a great opportunity like my cousin to build around an 18-21 year old though that doesn't always work out as was the case with my cousin.

I think there can be a sweet spot in your thirties (and perhaps forties I don't know: I'm 38) where most younger girls don't automatically screen you out and you have a much better game/a stronger frame than when you were in your twenties.
Agree.

2019 was my best year in the game since I first got into it way back in 2005. Average age of the 29 girls I hooked up with was about 25; I dated 2 girls for more than a month, one 22yo and one 32yo. There's just more range now.
From 30-36, it's possible to date a fairly wide range of women. A 35 year old with a 25 year old isn't that unusual though it is more difficult to achieve.

Yes, some younger girls will screen you out - so a social circle 20 yo asked me out for a drink online last year and then backed off when she found out my age. But this is more about the online barrier imo: had we been interacting in person I highly doubt she would have given a ****. When you have game things like that still matter, but you can short circuit them to an extent 'in the field'. This is what makes me sad about everything moving online: it institutionalizes arbitrary selection criteria.
A certain magic can happen with the first interaction being in-person. I know I've gotten more women to pay attention to me in-person. It is likely that many of these women would have filtered me on a swipe app.

On the plus side though, I actually now get chased by 30-something women (during the pandemic I've been asked out I think 4 times by social circle women through dms). I'm by no means super-chad or anything: I'm like a 7.5-8 if I've been hitting the gym hard and everything is on-point). However the average late 30s male - i.e. my competition - is basically a trash fire.
I've not experienced women in their 30s chasing me while I've been in my 30s. The so-called SMV bump of the 30s never arrived for me, just like the so-called reduction in rates on car insurance when you turn 25 also wasn't something I noticed.

A lot of my peers - both male and female - have a leaden, heavy vibe about them. Everything is serious; it's like they've forgotten how to be loose and carefree (I think the corporate environment does this to people as they get older). And so when you roll up with the so-called 'seducer's aura', you give people a flash of light. I think this is part of what's often called charisma or 'state' or whatever.
You're right about white collar, corporate work ruining people's spirits. A lot of white collar work is mind numbingly dull and not at all exciting or sexy. Since most women don't work in a blue collar field, they have to deal with the nonsense of a white collar environment. More men have moved into white collar roles in the last 4-5 decades as factory work moved overseas and more women entered the workforce. I recall thinking at one of my jobs in the mid-2010s how decidedly non-sexual the office was. Additionally, since I do not shiit where I eat, that probably also contributed to my perception of that place. I've had similar perceptions of workplaces where I've worked since that one. In the jobs I've had, I've had zero "hot" female co-workers. A few women I'd deem as "cute" but not worth the hassles of an office romance.

What do you see as a benefit in this besides looks?
A younger, tighter, sexier body is the main benefit. A side benefit would include a woman with a better attitude in life after not getting beaten down by failed relationships and the soul killing experiences of some white collar working environment.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm like you. I get told I look mid-30s even though I'm 44. Current gf is 28. Last gf, same age difference. Have banged 20 years younger as well.

Only thing is, they're all gonna lose their looks eventually. How long can I hold on? Men hit a wall, too - don't want to delude myself.
It's true they'll all lose their looks eventually, but at least with a 20 year old you've got 10 years of good banging. If you look younger it's better to lie about your age and be careful never to mention it, because some women freak out and rule you out based just on preconceptions. Once they're hooked, it doesn't matter so much.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's true they'll all lose their looks eventually, but at least with a 20 year old you've got 10 years of good banging. If you look younger it's better to lie about your age and be careful never to mention it, because some women freak out and rule you out based just on preconceptions. Once they're hooked, it doesn't matter so much.
Well I was thinking more along the lines of if I want to slow down or have kids. The older I get the older the age floor with women will be - not saying I won't be able to fukk 20 somethings in my 50s, but it will be harder. Plus I don't think dating a 20 year old for ten years is feasible...they will eventually want to try some strange penis and will change a lot in their 20s and have different priorities.

Right now my sweet spot for connecting with women is 24-30. I know that's the point when guys on Sosuave say they're getting off the c0ck carousel, but that's not a concern for me having been on the poontang carousel forever lol. I've found it's a good age for women to be finding some direction and thinking about the biological clock.

As for lying about age - I haven't done it, BUT I don't volunteer the info either. You're right, after sex they don't care.

Barrister

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good point. People here often say that you have to date young, because any older and the women get jaded, entitled, alpha widowed, and have trouble pair bonding. The problem is that what you say is also true. Getting seriously involved in a very young woman is a big risk because they are likely to change at some point, become dissatisfied, and start wondering what they've been missing. Unfortunately in today's culture, there aren't many good options when it comes to LTRs, it's always a roll of the dice.
Definitely a trade off. No one is going to deny that girls 18-24 are the best looking group. But I think if you’re looking to get something more than just sex out of it 25-30 is probably the sweet spot. More mature but still not so old that the emotional baggage would be high with a 33+.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you have game things like that still matter, but you can short circuit them to an extent 'in the field'. This is what makes me sad about everything moving online: it institutionalizes arbitrary selection criteria.
Agreed.

Camus37 said:
On the plus side though, I actually now get chased by 30-something women (during the pandemic I've been asked out I think 4 times by social circle women through dms). I'm by no means super-chad or anything: I'm like a 7.5-8 if I've been hitting the gym hard and everything is on-point). However the average late 30s male - i.e. my competition - is basically a trash fire.
There is a range, between chad-lite to superchad. If you are 7.5-8 and white then you are in at least a chadlite category. You mentioned social circle game, so this wasn't something that happened online? This means again, any options of meeting women online are severely crippled since allot of women have a cut-off beyond some age and unless you blatantly lie about your age (if you look young enough to get away with it), you are basically screened out if she is doing searches and some sites won't allow you to even start an email with her if she has an exclusion below your age-category.

Camus37 said:
A lot of my peers - both male and female - have a leaden, heavy vibe about them. Everything is serious; it's like they've forgotten how to be loose and carefree (I think the corporate environment does this to people as they get older). And so when you roll up with the so-called 'seducer's aura', you wgive people a flash of light. I think this is part of what's often called charisma or 'state' or whatever. You know it when you see it, though.
I think there is a zeitgeist going on during this current modern era where, even with TV shows and movies, things have a more heavy vibe and dark vibe with it. People have noticed this that if you compare the early 00s (especially before 9/11) to today, it's a totally different type of world where the early 00s bnd before were more loose and carefree and cheery.

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

Camus37

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a range, between chad-lite to superchad. If you are 7.5-8 and white then you are in at least a chadlite category. You mentioned social circle game, so this wasn't something that happened online? This means again, any options of meeting women online are severely crippled since allot of women have a cut-off beyond some age and unless you blatantly lie about your age (if you look young enough to get away with it), you are basically screened out if she is doing searches and some sites won't allow you to even start an email with her if she has an exclusion below your age-category.
Chad-lite is about right, but it's very dependent on me living the right way: I'm 5'11 but have a small-ish frame, don't have wide shoulders. Going to the gym, eating properly and getting the right haircut and clothes etc. bumps me up quite a bit.

The social circle stuff is online too but through platforms such as instagram and twitter. So it's women I don't exactly know but who are in my professional social circle online or who I've interacted once or twice (in the case of twitter).

In terms of dating apps, I can't say I've had amazing success on apps like Tinder since I turned 35. The younger girls I've hooked up with in recent years have all been from club and bar game and a few at professional work events where I've had some social status. The latter is the easiest route to go down as you get older imo if you can leverage that somehow. I was out in Vegas working for RSD in 2019 and that's what Michael Sartain and those guys have done (albeit to an extreme degree). Mark Manson talks a lot about targeting the right demographic in Models and when you get it right things become a lot easier. I have to do public speaking for my job sometimes (or I did before the pandemic) and it's almost always easier to pull at the reception or party event they have after because I have so much social proof and status. The bigger question is whether there are any women there worth hooking up with.

I may actually start lying about my age on Tinder when I do that again in the Spring. I think I could slice a good 5 years off on the apps, probably more. I'm not looking for anything serious right now so why not.

Camus37

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there is a zeitgeist going on during this current modern era where, even with TV shows and movies, things have a more heavy vibe and dark vibe with it. People have noticed this that if you compare the early 00s (especially before 9/11) to today, it's a totally different type of world where the early 00s bnd before were more loose and carefree and cheery.
I think that's perceptive. Definitely something like that going on. I think the pandemic anxiety will persist for another year too. But I do think they'll be a big release of energy as we come out of it, which could make for some crazy debauchery.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chad-lite is about right, but it's very dependent on me living the right way: I'm 5'11 but have a small-ish frame, don't have wide shoulders. Going to the gym, eating properly and getting the right haircut and clothes etc. bumps me up quite a bit.

The social circle stuff is online too but through platforms such as instagram and twitter. So it's women I don't exactly know but who are in my professional social circle online or who I've interacted once or twice (in the case of twitter).

In terms of dating apps, I can't say I've had amazing success on apps like Tinder since I turned 35. The younger girls I've hooked up with in recent years have all been from club and bar game and a few at professional work events where I've had some social status. The latter is the easiest route to go down as you get older imo if you can leverage that somehow. I was out in Vegas working for RSD in 2019 and that's what Michael Sartain and those guys have done (albeit to an extreme degree). Mark Manson talks a lot about targeting the right demographic in Models and when you get it right things become a lot easier. I have to do public speaking for my job sometimes (or I did before the pandemic) and it's almost always easier to pull at the reception or party event they have after because I have so much social proof and status. The bigger question is whether there are any women there worth hooking up with.

I may actually start lying about my age on Tinder when I do that again in the Spring. I think I could slice a good 5 years off on the apps, probably more. I'm not looking for anything serious right now so why not.
I know about that type of game set-up. It's not really that looks dependent, since you are using the social proof and status, as compared to online dating. Plus you are more likely to be outside of your head after public speaking. This is one of the things I was looking at when I was younger was trying out toasters (public speaking) to see if that would have helped with game. But, yeah, you have looks (which obviously doesn't hurt you) and the type of profession, with status/social proof going for you. No wonder you would have women chasing after you in that set-up.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that's perceptive. Definitely something like that going on. I think the pandemic anxiety will persist for another year too. But I do think they'll be a big release of energy as we come out of it, which could make for some crazy debauchery.
How do you know that isn't already happening now? People are still meeting and doing online dating.

Camus37

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you know that isn't already happening now? People are still meeting and doing online dating.
It depends where you are I think. In the UK right now I know people are still on the apps swiping - I have a couple of girls I'm chatting to - but most people I know aren't going on many dates atm while we're in lockdown. Yeah for sure some are carrying on anyway, but even a lot of the guys I know where were crushing Tinder before are focusing on other stuff with the assumption that things will look a bit more normal in 6 weeks time. Literally everything is closed here apart from shops and it's freezing outside. It's straight to the house date or nothing. But that's the UK; I know it's a different situation in other places.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be 50 in FEB.

My advice: Don't wait around for people to appreciate you, and don't try to outpower them.
Very wise. So the "don't overpower " would be inclusive of dont try to force or get them to see it your way. Let them discover on their own.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The increase in female options are of the old, single mother, fat and hit-the-wall variety.
No they're not. Not in my experience anyway. Your statement is only true if you're a low value guy with weak game who has to settle for the dregs.

I found that after the age of 30, it got easier to get women, and the age range of options actually increased for me. At this point I can pull and still get interest from females ranging in age from late teens to 40+.

And no, I don't do online dating - I approach in person (usually in daytime, non-bar settings...anywhere and everywhere in everyday life basically), and I approach direct....no beating around the bush with indirect, no bull**** PUA techniques.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wrote this in another forum and I really believe it....

I see it as there are compartments in life as we age.

Under 18
18-20
21-25
25-40
40-60
60-80

Each one of those age groups has age related milestones and experiences. When you are dating across those boundaries there is going to be very distinct differences in life experience.

You know the saying "you don't know what you don't know?" . Frankly I want a woman that knows how full of **** most men are because when I walk my talk she ****ing respects and admires it. Some airheaded 20 year old still believes the bull**** some 30 year old adolescent feeds her and never calls him on it.

And believe me blind obedience comes no where near mutual respect in a relationship....especially a physical one....

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wrote this in another forum and I really believe it....

I see it as there are compartments in life as we age.

Under 18
18-20
21-25
25-40
40-60
60-80

Each one of those age groups has age related milestones and experiences. When you are dating across those boundaries there is going to be very distinct differences in life experience.

You know the saying "you don't know what you don't know?" . Frankly I want a woman that knows how full of **** most men are because when I walk my talk she ****ing respects and admires it. Some airheaded 20 year old still believes the bull**** some 30 year old adolescent feeds her and never calls him on it.

And believe me blind obedience comes no where near mutual respect in a relationship....especially a physical one....
She can't call him on it because SHE DOESN"T KNOW. As a matter of fact even up till old years women LOVE HEARING GAME, SALESMAN SHIP, exaggeration, half truths, so you can be geniune and bring it real to the table and not get appreciated for it, ,because they don't even KNOW.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
....And there's a big But.

The increase in female options are of the old, single mother, fat and hit-the-wall variety.
big butts

Put away your credit card.

You can now read our detailed guide to women and dating for free - Right Here!

IamtheAlphamale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I dunno about this. I can see how your social circle can not be as great as you age. But I dont think I will have a problem attracting women the older I get. I'm 38 now and fat and bald and basically almost every girl I've been friends with since I was 18 has liked me.

I look really young though I guess.

And I know lots of guys from my work who are older than me who date girls in their twenties. But theres like 600 people who work at my factory

Pan87

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No they're not. Not in my experience anyway. Your statement is only true if you're a low value guy with weak game who has to settle for the dregs.

I found that after the age of 30, it got easier to get women, and the age range of options actually increased for me. At this point I can pull and still get interest from females ranging in age from late teens to 40+.

And no, I don't do online dating - I approach in person (usually in daytime, non-bar settings...anywhere and everywhere in everyday life basically), and I approach direct....no beating around the bush with indirect, no bull**** PUA techniques.
If you do effective Daygame, Nightgame approaching then you're already a pinnacle man, which massively offsets any age disadvantages you have. Vast majority of men don't approach, and of the ones that do only a small proportion can do effective approaches that actually lead to sex.

So, as a pinnacle man your experiences won't be reflective of what the vast majority of other men experience as they age. A confident daygamer in his 30's-40's will always beat a good-looking 25 year old who doesn't approach and doesn't understand women.