Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Madoff: Monster of Wall Street on Netflix

catsmeow2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've vaguely heard of this guy, Bernie Madoff, and his elaborate Ponzi scheme to the tune 64 billion (BILLION) dollars, 19 billion cash from investors.

Not one cent was ever invested, or trade made, all the money he received went into his private JP Morgan Chase account..

If an investor asked for a withdrawal, he'd take from that account or if not enough in the account due to personal spending, he'd round up other investors and use their money to pay off the investor asking for withdrawal

Take from Peter to pay Paul sort of thing.

He got away with this for 20+ years maybe longer until the 2008 stock market crash when all investors wanted out and he couldn't fund them their money.

I learned all this from the new Netflix docuseries which is the title of this thread.

Robert DeNiro also portrayed him in the film "Wizard of Wall Street" which I plan to watch soon.

Anyhoo I am shocked at how he was able to pull this off!!

He was even investigated the SEC a couple of times and cleared despite the fake looking records and statements reflecting fake trades etc.

One investor (a regular working class guy) invested $900,000 (his life savings) and lost it all. People lost their entire life savings, homes, etc. Some committed suicide because if it.

Anyhoo, below is a link if interested.

Last edited:

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've vaguely heard of this guy, Bernie Madoff, and his elaborate Ponzi scheme to the tune 64 billion (BILLION) dollars, 19 billion cash from investors.

Not one cent was ever invested, or trade made, all the money he received went into his private JP Morgan Chase account..

If an investor asked for a withdrawal, he'd take from that account or if not enough in the account due to personal spending, he'd round up other investors and use their money to pay off the investor asking for withdrawal

Take from Peter to pay Paul sort of thing.

He got away with this for 20+ years maybe longer until the 2008 stock market crash when all investors wanted out and he couldn't fund them their money.

I learned all this from the new Netflix docuseries which is the title of this thread.

Robert DeNiro also portrayed him in the film "Wizard of Wall Street" which I plan to watch soon.

Anyhoo I am shocked at how he was able to pull this off!!

He was even investigated the SEC a couple of times and cleared despite the fake looking records and statements reflecting fake trades etc.

One investor (a regular working class guy) invested $900,000 (his life savings) and lost it all. People lost their entire life savings, homes, etc. Some committed suicide because if it.

Anyhoo, below is a link if interested.

As I have gotten older is has been made clear that the vast majority of people do not know what they are doing, go with the herd and do not do their own due diligence. This occurs at all levels of society, even the so called experts. Most people have no issues of being lied to and long as it is what they want to hear and they will benefit from it. Usually this gets exposed when markets start to turn and real balance sheets get exposed. This most recently happened with FTX and crypto lenders/yield products.