Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Living in Los Angeles

DanielT

Reaction score
Hello, I've been playing with the idea of moving for awhile, but have made some excuses for not pursuing this sooner. Currently the only thing holding me back is a job at an insurance company and some debt (which is not a whole lot when I think about it.) My interests have been in Computer Animation and Special Effects. The problem is I can't find a job where I live in this field without moving to NY or LA; hence the insurance job.

I've decided to pull up stakes and move out to LA in January. So what are some areas I should check out for living arrangements?
Areas around LA within a 1 or 2 hour commute are also of interest.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As you probably know, the cost of living in Southern California is pretty high so get a good idea of what you can afford to pay for rent. You may want to go with a roommate situation if you don't have $900 plus a month for a studio/1BR lying around. I'm guessing that you're going to find work in the Hollywood or Burbank area, since that's where many of the major studios are located so you don't want to live too far from that area. Traffic in LA is a mothaf*cka and a 20 mile drive takes over an hour in rush hour traffic.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Burbank is a great place to live - Rent is expensive. Expect to pay around $900 for a studio - $1200 1 bedrm.....

But your over the hill from Hollywood - bars clubs etc.

Look at Burbank - or Glendale which is a little cheaper.

mongoose01

Don Juan
Reaction score
i've been thinking of moving out there too. a couple of my buddies have moved out there and it seems things are looking up.

i hear the cost of living is high, but that's okay. i live in cleveland and supposely the cost of living is low, but everyone i know is broke. i'd rather be broke in l.a. in c-town we pay high for different things such as seasonal appropiate(sp) clothing, drycleaning type of crap (services), insurance (because of weather), and rent isn't all that much lower. a decent place not in the hood is gonna cost ya 700.00-800.00.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
phahahahahaha
I hate Los Angeles. A-hole drivers, run down city, a ton of smog. I'd suggest the San Diego area (I live in North County) or Orange County.
DUDE!!! Shhhhhhh! There's already too many people here!

big_jeffry

Don Juan
Reaction score
good job bud, you know how the saying goes "to live and die in L.A. is the place to be, got to be there to know it, everybody wants to see"