Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lasik eye surgery

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you got the Lasik eye surgery? I'll have it this coming Thursday, it says it can last up to 20 years, they said it has lifetime warranty. The cost will be $3,500 in the DFW.

Expensive?

Experiences?

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got it in the early 2000s. It was great for a long time... I had 20/15 vision for years and years. Your eyes will continue to degrade as you age. Recently I've had to get glasses again for distance... I could have gotten a Lasik touch-up, but I currently don't need reading glasses and the touch-up would have required me to use reading glasses going forward. I'd rather go throughout my day and put on glasses for distance when required. The good part about it was that my one eye was TERRIBLE before Lasik... it's not nearly as bad as it was before, even with the degeneration. Both eyes are now about the same prescription; before one was way out of whack with the other.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yup, I had it many years ago. I want to say maybe 19 or 20? Best investment I ever made and I am stunned to see how expensive it has gotten now. One of the only things that got more expensive as it's been out longer. I want to say at the time I paid maybe $900 for both eyes?

Vision has been 20/10 ever since. I read the tiny print at the bottom of the eye chart(not the actual letters, literally the disclaimer at the bottom in small print). Don't get all the words right and I have to squint a little bit, but I probably am like 80% accurate. The eye chart is a joke in comparison haha

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A relative of mine got it. She's about 20 years old and pretty happy with the results. She had astignatism. I've considered it, but contact lenses have worked out well for me

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a few problems with LASIK and the like. The first is that complications do happen, and such complications are irreversible - i.e., it's OVER for EyeSurgeryComplicationCels. The next is that the patient is basically getting a permanent Rx; if his Rx changes - like it will most certainly do after xe hits his 40s - that xe will need to get glasses (WTF?). Finally, it's costly.

I like the idea that I cat get an up-to-date Rx, and that I can have different Rx for different glasses, based on whether I'm reading, dining or driving, etc.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got it in the early 2000s. It was great for a long time... I had 20/15 vision for years and years. Your eyes will continue to degrade as you age. Recently I've had to get glasses again for distance... I could have gotten a Lasik touch-up, but I currently don't need reading glasses and the touch-up would have required me to use reading glasses going forward. I'd rather go throughout my day and put on glasses for distance when required. The good part about it was that my one eye was TERRIBLE before Lasik... it's not nearly as bad as it was before, even with the degeneration. Both eyes are now about the same prescription; before one was way out of whack with the other.
I had had -3.5 (myopia) in my good eye, but it's recently improved to -2.0.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got it several years ago for about $2500. Best thing I ever did. I got mine done at the Lasik Vision Institute in DFW. They told me then that eventually I would need reading glasses by the time I reached 50 because my eyes would dry out and it would be harder to focus. That has started to happen. Sometimes I need eye drops in the morning to help focus.

Not everyone is a good candidate for lasik. I had it done because I hated glasses and I couldn't get a contact lense that I was happy with due to an astigmatism.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got it several years ago for about $2500. Best thing I ever did. I got mine done at the Lasik Vision Institute in DFW. They told me then that eventually I would need reading glasses by the time I reached 50 because my eyes would dry out and it would be harder to focus. That has started to happen. Sometimes I need eye drops in the morning to help focus.

Not everyone is a good candidate for lasik. I had it done because I hated glasses and I couldn't get a contact lense that I was happy with due to an astigmatism.
I'll get it in that same clinic. Hopefully everything goes well.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't need it myself, but people I know who have done it have said it was the best money they'd ever spent.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
There are a few problems with LASIK and the like. The first is that complications do happen, and such complications are irreversible - i.e., it's OVER for EyeSurgeryComplicationCels. The next is that the patient is basically getting a permanent Rx; if his Rx changes - like it will most certainly do after xe hits his 40s - that xe will need to get glasses (WTF?). Finally, it's costly.

I like the idea that I cat get an up-to-date Rx, and that I can have different Rx for different glasses, based on whether I'm reading, dining or driving, etc.
That's only partially true.

LASIK is meant to treat myopia(nearsightedness), getting old and needing reading glasses is a completely different kind of problem that LASIK will not treat, nor is it designed to treat.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

LASIK is meant to treat myopia(nearsightedness), getting old and needing reading glasses is a completely different kind of problem that LASIK will not treat, nor is it designed to treat.
But the whole point of LASIK is to remove the need to wear glasses - so when presbyopia settles in, the advantage of LASIK will disappear, if not be a burden.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
But the whole point of LASIK is to remove the need to wear glasses - so when presbyopia settles in, the advantage of LASIK will disappear, if not be a burden.
No, the purpose of LASIK is to correct a problem that requires prescription glasses due to a misshapen cornea or eyeball.

Wearing reading glasses for things up close doesn't cause you need glasses for things far away.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Its for astigmatism as well. I couldn't defined each individual bulbs on a car at night, now I can.

Attachments

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

My grandparents were happy with only needing reading glasses. Saved my grandma from needing a cornea transplant.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been wearing glasses nearly 2 years and my eyesight has stabilised so was thinking about LASIK. However my friend just had hers done and they over corrected the eye, her vision is fvcked, this was months ago and they are still waiting for it to heal to try and fix it. Kinda put me off.

Maybe I can deal with contact lenses. I had an appointment last week and kept closing my eye when the guy was peeling my eyelids back to put drops in and the lens. He gave up and said maybe lenses are not for me, maybe I just need to do it myself I can’t help my natural reaction with a strange persons fingers in my face/eye.

I don’t even mind wearing glasses people say they suit me, I want some lens for this summer though.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been wearing glasses nearly 2 years and my eyesight has stabilised so was thinking about LASIK. However my friend just had hers done and they over corrected the eye, her vision is fvcked, this was months ago and they are still waiting for it to heal to try and fix it. Kinda put me off.

Maybe I can deal with contact lenses. I had an appointment last week and kept closing my eye when the guy was peeling my eyelids back to put drops in and the lens. He gave up and said maybe lenses are not for me, maybe I just need to do it myself I can’t help my natural reaction with a strange persons fingers in my face/eye.

I don’t even mind wearing glasses people say they suit me, I want some lens for this summer though.
Get Lasik, I had to use glasses but never did, had pretty bad astigmatism on my right eye, and miopia in my left.

Now I'm seeing things at night I couldn't see, everything looks so sharp now, colors look better, its like having glasses forever.

Look for a clinic that offers lifetime warranty.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It may take hours to train yourself to keep your eye open to put a contact lens in. It took me hours to learn to remove them.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It may take hours to train yourself to keep your eye open to put a contact lens in. It took me hours to learn to remove them.
Yeah the guy told me to try for a week (I haven't bothered). How long did you have glasses before getting lenses?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always had bad eyesight, I've been wearing glasses for the last 5 years or so. I need to get new ones every year or two and it's a hassle.

I refuse to try contact lenses because putting and taking things out of my eyes frequently or risking infection or irritation if I forget or mess it up is a can of worms I'd rather not open.

I'd love to get LASIK, one day when I have thousands of dollars I'll do it.

Last edited: